Free Agency Jarryd Lyons [joins Brisbane as a delisted free agent]

Remove this Banner Ad

People know why they just do not agree with the principle. Your retort speaks volumes of someone who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing.

One can understand why the AFL did what it did and still disagree,

Money is not the only thing. Money does as a matter of course make the Game better,
You sure people know why?

You sure people know why?

Are you sure they don't? Of the two assumptions I think yours is much more rash. It's hardly rocket science that AFL decision making is mostly dominated by Money. Do you think if we did a straw poll less than 95% of the big footy posters would say money was the reason?

People can agree about the facts and still arrive at different answers, you assumption that people favoring expansion into Tasmania over Queensland HAD to be misinformed is simply false.

Are you sure they don't? Of the two assumptions I think yours is much more rash. It's hardly rocket science that AFL decision making is mostly dominated by Money. Do you think if we did a straw poll less than 95% of the big footy posters would say money was the reason?

People can agree about the facts and still arrive at different answers, you assumption that people favoring expansion into Tasmania over Queensland HAD to be misinformed is simply false.
Having an extra game a week is making money for the afl through tv right. That extra game could come from two teams anywhere in Australia. That has nothing to do with the difference between the Gold Coast and Tasmania having a team.

Having an extra game a week is making money for the afl through tv right. That extra game could come from two teams anywhere in Australia. That has nothing to do with the difference between the Gold Coast and Tasmania having a team.

Really. The AFL is seeking to expand the market for football by targeting expansion into the non Football states. It's about the long term money. Not money made this year or next year. people in Tasmania already follow AFL,

You need this explained? It's staggering basic stuff.

Really. The AFL is seeking to expand the market for football by targeting expansion into the non Football states. It's about the long term money. Not money made this year or next year. people in Tasmania already follow AFL,

You need this explained? It's staggering basic stuff.
I thought you were talking about money made by broadcasting deals

They should've been granted entry into the comp in the 80s, 90s or 10s. It's a proven footy state rather than trying to make a team happen in rugby territory. I'm fairly sure it's not just Victorians that would want it. Ask any actual footy fan what they'd want rather than just any one eyed club fan that only cares about their own team.
Can relate to this, lived in QLD half my life and the fans here are so fickle. That is all sports, not just AFL.

If you're winning games they love you & will support you. If you're not winning, god help you because the fans just won't come and so much revenue needed to actually run the club, is lost.

Vics tend to support their club through thick & thin.

And on topic, I'm sorry for Suns that Lyons is gone but good luck to him at the Lions.

So I haven't been keeping up with the news so can anyone tell me why Gold Coast, a team that is not filled to the brim with good quality players, just delisted one of their better/best players?
Dew don't really see him as the future for his game plan .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyons is a great pick up for nothing and most likely plays as the Beams replacement but why did the Suns delist him in the first place
$$$
They won’t fully admit it but that’s the main reason. To free up cap space to (a) retain the players they really want to keep, and (b) are planning to chase a couple of bigger names next year.
Also will allow players like Ainsworth, Brodie and Bowes more midfield time next year as has been mentioned.

He was told good, didn't suit there goal of securing high draft picks in thext few drafts.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Why people react so badly ? what a boring day without this happen today .
Did I stumble into a non English speaking part of Bigfooty or something?

That all makes sense and some very valid points, but why they didn't try to trade him and get some value (which he clearly has) instead of delisting for nothing is the question.

Throw him into the Suns/Lions pick swap and get 18 instead of 24...something like that wouldn't have been completely out of the question surely

God that article paints a bleak picture for the Suns.

Salary cap issues for a list that has no genuine A grade talent.

It’s my understanding that basically all recruits from trade and draft were all given lucrative contracts from get-go. Brodie, Ainsworth and Bowes supposedly on 350-400k apiece already, Weller supposedly on beyond 700k.

It’s going to take a while to sort all this out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back