Free Agency Jarryd Lyons [joins Brisbane as a delisted free agent]

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why it popped into my mind but could a potential #1 pick get a medical exemption from being drafted to the Gold Coast on the basis that he was psychologically unsuited to constant losing / it would be bad for his health and wellbeing?
If not willing to enter the national competition they can go play for their local club. No one is forcing them to enter the draft.
I'd make the argument that working in the local battleshop for a penny would do more harm to someones health and wellbeing.

Honestly, I was pretty positive up until Lynch and May left. It was my belief that we had a decent spine and only needed to draft a number of small role-players to fix our list and become competitive (with a sprinkling of genuine talent thanks to top draft picks). We're now left with a bunch of talented smalls with an extremely lacklustre spine. The last bit of positive energy I got left is that Rory Thompson had his best year yet (easily had a better year than May), but that hinges on this year not just being a purple patch for him.

How is Wright shaping up?

Barlow was cooked.
'clearly no one else had any interest in him.

Don't know as much about GHS so can't make the comparison.. but Barlow wasn't a legitimate AFL player any longer unfortunately. ..Yes I know he got 35 possessions or something last match of the year
Carlton showing a little bit of interest. He would only be rookied at best.

3 years of pure depth!

Not a bad thing when you're trying to transition from pretender to contender.
From a moneyball perspective though would be ideal to find guys that take a smaller proportion of your cap that can do the same job.
Brayden Sier types if you like.

Can be very difficult to find those guys though!

I'm sure he'll play a role for you going forward.

Yeah, hes going good enough. Fagan mentioned in the presser that Jarryd himself said he was worried he wasnt performing well enough, but Fagan believed thats more to do with him fitting into our structures. Cant compare him to Neale, who would slot into pretty much any team it would seem.

Hopefully he builds on this now.

Not a bad thing when you're trying to transition from pretender to contender.
From a moneyball perspective though would be ideal to find guys that take a smaller proportion of your cap that can do the same job.
Brayden Sier types if you like.

Can be very difficult to find those guys though!

I'm sure he'll play a role for you going forward.
Lyons is not on the same coin at the Lions as he was on at Gold Coast.

Mike Whitting provided an in depth explanation on the Lyons move and contract situation, just after he moved on the Lions, Roar Deal podcast.

Also Sier is about to be payed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has been excellent the last couple of months. Still an inexplicable move to let him go for nothing - I get that he wasn't in Dew's plans and that he was on a fair amount of coin, but surely there could have been a taker in trade week for a future pick or something.

We are playing him to his strengths and he's finding this winning habit pretty motivating. Shrewd recruitment from our team.

Has been excellent the last couple of months. Still an inexplicable move to let him go for nothing - I get that he wasn't in Dew's plans and that he was on a fair amount of coin, but surely there could have been a taker in trade week for a future pick or something.
He fell out with Dew. As I posted on the rumours forum Stewie went into the Sun's and made some big mistakes with how he spoke and treated the players which resulted in the exodus of players from the club. Lyons had a big issue with Dew and they parted ways over it. It had nothing to do with not fitting in with Dews plan. He gets a game all day every day with GC.
To then hear the bull put out by idiot Sun's posters saying he had a drug issue and that's why the club let him go was disgusting. Lyons is about as square as you can get.
Also a tip for Dew, players don't like to be told how they are not being professional and disciplined enough by a fat and undisciplined coach.

The fact that the Suns were so inept by delisting him for nothing, and their so called coach thought they had better players than him is an indication that Dew is stupid and is the next Bolton, and a reason why, along with trading out May their Captain is why they deserve no PP.

I dunno why we keep going on about it..
It’s been stated we wanted to play the kids in his position and we had ttp issues..

If a list like the Suns had TPP issues they need a way better list manager.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back