Traded Jarryd Lyons [traded to Gold Coast with pick 71 for picks 43 and 67]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lyons would be a great fit for the Suns. I've always liked him at the crows, always seemed a likely type that was a victim of the subs vest, never got the chance to string together a bunch of games really until this year and did well.. Deserves to have a good shot at playing 22 games. Guaranteed to get that at GC, Not 100% sure we can guarantee him that at Crows. Like Kedge, I see it a win-win for Adelaide / Lyons if he leaves, I'd wish him all the best. Similar to when we traded Kedge and Bernie Vince.

Lyons would be a great fit for the Suns. I've always liked him at the crows, always seemed a likely type that was a victim of the subs vest, never got the chance to string together a bunch of games really until this year and did well.. Deserves to have a good shot at playing 22 games. Guaranteed to get that at GC, Not 100% sure we can guarantee him that at Crows. Like Kedge, I see it a win-win for Adelaide / Lyons if he leaves, I'd wish him all the best. Similar to when we traded Kedge and Bernie Vince.
he would be great for us do you think he would consider coming to GC for the right deal?

In all likelyhood he is worth a second, or a upgrade to a second at the least.
Strong body, has had very little injury worries and can play. He is a good clearance player and can rack up the posessions.
Also not a dickhead so that would help the Gold Coast out with role models.

seems like there is nothing standing in our way as we have the picks and the dough and he fits our needs but maybe he wont come to us regardless of how good the deal is

seems like there is nothing standing in our way as we have the picks and the dough and he fits our needs but maybe he wont come to us regardless of how good the deal is

Info from a good source on the Crows board:
- we have low balled him $$ wise (not sure if this has changed/will change)
- he would prefer to stay. Has a missus in Adelaide that isn't keen to move. Question is - how much $$ might change this..?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As soon as we were strongly linked to Hvorat, I had a feeling that we might not be pursuing Lyons as strongly as we were (still wouldn't mind them both and Dear though and all three could still come to North).

As soon as we were strongly linked to Hvorat, I had a feeling that we might not be pursuing Lyons as strongly as we were (still wouldn't mind them both and Dear though and all three could still come to North).
Seems like the Blues are getting snubbed by a couple of players. I reckon Hrovat is likely a Roo next year.

If given the choice between Hrovat and Lyons I would definitely prefer the former.
Depends. Lyons gets as good numbers in the SANFL as Hrovat does in the VFL, plus has a bigger body. Hrovat's kicking and speed is slightly better though.

Lyons doesnt play SANFL mate. He plays AFL.
When he did play SANFL he was averaging 26 disposals. That's what I was trying to say.

Info from a good source on the Crows board:
- we have low balled him $$ wise (not sure if this has changed/will change)
- he would prefer to stay. Has a missus in Adelaide that isn't keen to move. Question is - how much $$ might change this..?

Low ball is putting it mildly re the offer currently before him from crows. This bloke is set to explode next year, will be a hell of a pick up for whoever takes him in this draft period.

When he did play SANFL he was averaging 26 disposals. That's what I was trying to say.

Ok. But his AFL stats are actually more impressive than his SANFL stats: 20 games, 21.6 disposals (10.4 contested), 4.7 tackles and 15 goals. VFL/SANFL stats dont often hold up in AFL football. And this is all while not given priority time in the middle - he was behind Sloane, 2 x Crouches and Thompson. A lot of crows fans (including myself) rated him higher than Scott Thompson throughout last season and wanted him to be given more time in the middle. Pyke didnt agree, and I am sure his stats would have been even better if given a higher priority in the rotations.

He was possibly our most dangerous player around ball ups inside 50 after Eddie and getting better. I think he will be a mid 20 goals kicker next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back