Toast Jarryd Roughead joins St Kilda for 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice get for the saints.

I find the start date in November a little odd considering his interest in list management. If it were me I would be busting to be involved this trade period and if I were st Kilda I would want his input and for him to gain the experience to attack the next trade period.

Nice get for the saints.

I find the start date in November a little odd considering his interest in list management. If it were me I would be busting to be involved this trade period and if I were st Kilda I would want his input and for him to gain the experience to attack the next trade period.

He would most likely still be on the Hawk's list as a player till about then.

Yes, a good get.

But I cznt see how we let our own champions go to other clubs and make no effort to acquire them.

Its pretty much a thing now, that young coaches like to get out of their known environment and gather experience at other clubs.
If nothing better it looks better on their resume.

Yes, a good get.

But I cznt see how we let our own champions go to other clubs and make no effort to acquire them.
I actually prefer it that way. Give me the experience of multiple flags and AA’s over the nice story of past players coming back every day of the week.

Another step toward it. You would think with people of the quality of Roughie and Slater down there that has to help attract players.

Do we know if Billy is staying next year as well?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to hear that we have someone who came from very successful, very skillful teams having a hand in our list management strategy. Surely Roughy will help to steer the focus away from time trials/nice parents and more towards who can get the footy, pick a good option and execute a pass when it comes to our list management.

We still severely lack on field leadership but we're building some decent off field leadership. Slater and Roughead are good people to have around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back