Toast Jarryd Roughead Retirement/farewell game

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn's greatest forward since Jason Dunstall
The greatest forward of the AFL era

And a quality person as well :)

ROUGHIE!!!

Used to be more worried about Rough running riot against us than I was Buddy when they were both with you. He wasn't as flashy as Buddy, but was probably more effective. The fact he was flexible enough to play in the middle and even pinch hit in the ruck if needed puts him above Buddy IMO and probably on a par with blokes like Jonathan Brown.

Enjoy the farewell game Rough. You deserve it.

I’m surprised his retiring. I thought he would do a Hodge and go play at a young club somewhere where his leadership skills would come in handy. I could see him fitting in at the saints, or Carlton even.

Although I know Hodge did retire before changing his mind, so maybe this will be similar.

I’m surprised his retiring. I thought he would do a Hodge and go play at a young club somewhere where his leadership skills would come in handy. I could see him fitting in at the saints, or Carlton even.

Although I know Hodge did retire before changing his mind, so maybe this will be similar.

Nah, he is cooked on the field. Not even in the best for the Box Hill Hawks, so is no longer AFL standard.

If he stays involved next year, will be in coaching/Development/Mentoring, and whoever gets him will be lucky.

I could see him suiting up for Leongatha though. Is still well connected with his home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be ******* fuming if I were the player dropped for this.
This is not how we roll @ Hawthorn. Every player would be 100W% happy to give up their spot. Some even said so.
I doubt he would have gotten one if Hawthorn were seriously fighting for a spot in the eight.
Yes he would - we are playing Gold Coast and Rough will kick a few goals even though he is cooked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back