Toast Jarryd Roughead Retirement/farewell game

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't one of the young forwards sore/injured anyway?

Really not a big deal for a team sitting at 9-11 102%. Need to flog Gold Coast this week (possible) and then travel to Perth to beat WC in the mix for a top 2/top 4 spot and hope results go their way to make the 8. Unlikely.

The reality is Hawthorn are $1.05 favourites to win this week. I don't mean to sink the boots into Gold Coast but Roughead could spend the whole game on the pine and run on for a token few minutes here and there without it having a big impact on the game. If they win and and results go their way and there is a chance of sneaking into the 8 next week great, Roughead can play next week in Perth or not. Given he's played 280+ games and has a high standing in the game you'd like to see him get one more game in front of his own fans. In the very unlikely event that Gold Coast won what would be the point of sending him to Perth for one last game that definitely meant nothing for the season?

[/QUOTE]
Why would you pick him if he isn’t currently in your best 22 and you’ve a chance of making the 8? Slim though it is, it’s a chance. He isn’t deserving of a game based on form. Doesn’t seem like something Clarkson would traditionally make the call on.

Not sure why it’s all emotional, not a current best 22 player.
You don't think it would give it an emotional boost for the players to do it for Roughead which might counteract any did in ability that comes from bringing him in.

If Lewis isn't fit he will come in for him. If he is fit they can send O'Brien back and drop someone Howe who hasn't played well for weeks

You don't think it would give it an emotional boost for the players to do it for Roughead which might counteract any did in ability that comes from bringing him in.

If Lewis isn't fit he will come in for him. If he is fit they can send O'Brien back and drop someone Howe who hasn't played well for weeks
[/QUOTE]
No I don’t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dead set thought he died after this week, give it a spell, he retired. Good player, great fella, but give it a rest. My mum retired last week, not dead, just retired.

Bob Murphy 2.0

Not all Bombers fans I for one love Roughy one of my favourite players of the modern era.

I know. There’s a couple out there though who aren’t very good posters at all. I think everyone knows who they are. :$

Love roughie, a genuine fella, good footballer. These well wishes etc are just too much.

Oh the positivity of it all, absolutely sickening. There's plenty of negative bullshit on this website, go read some other threads if some people being complementary sticks in your craw so badly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back