Jarryd Roughead vs Josh Kennedy vs Tom Hawkins

Between these three, who is the best?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

To date Roughy has the best track record overall but I think Kennedy and Hawkins have just taken longer to hit their straps are going past him and will be better players at the end of the day particularly if we are talking as pure KPF's.

1. Hawkins
2. Kennedy
3. Roughhead

Hawkins, Roughy, Kennedy. Hawkins is the kind of guy you can build a premiership side around, took awhile for him to get going but my god when he is going his fantastic. Roughy 2nd basically because he is just as good as Kennedy as a KPF but can also ruck. Kennedy is great aswell, would take any of them in a heartbeat at the Dogs at the moment.

Thus far, it's Roughead from Hawkins and Kennedy IMO.

Nearly every indicator seems to back that up. Roughead has played the most games (159) whilst Hawkins has 101 and Kennedy 99. Roughead and Kennedy are the same age whilst Hawkins is a year younger.

Roughead has kicked 294 goals at a better average than Hawkins who has 169 and Kennedy who has 167. Roughead has gotten to 40 goals in 5 seperate seasons, to 50 3 of those times and kicked 70+ once. Kennedy has gotten to 40 twice (1 of those to 50) whilst Hawkins has gotten to 40 once (also to 50).

Roughead gets more of the ball (2064 @ 13) then Hawkins (1201 @ 11.9) and Kennedy (1044 @ 10.5).

Brownlow, it is Roughead (17), from Hawkins (12) and Kennedy (10).

Kennedy lays the most tackles (2.2 compared to Rough and Hawkins @ 1.9) and takes the most marks per game (5.6 compared to Hawkins @ 5.4 and Rough @ 4.8). Obviously Roughead has the higher totals.

Obviously Roughead is right out in front in terms of hitouts as he played second ruck last season and had as many hitouts in 2012 as Hawkins' career (and 4 x Kennedy career).

Roughead is effectively two years older than Hawkins and a year ahead of Kennedy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roughead doesn't get even a third of the respect he deserves for his career so far.
Agree. Roughead is a very solid all rounder. In fact I gthink it is stupid to compare him to these two as he is more of a utility.

Agree. Roughead is a very solid all rounder. In fact I gthink it is stupid to compare him to these two as he is more of a utility.
and this is a stupid post.

Players in a comparison don't have to be exactly alike, Roughead, Kennedy and Hawkins are all big marking forwards, that's more than enough to be worthy of a poll. If a player like Roughead has more versatility, then that's a factor you can use to make an argument, not to whinge like what you're doing now.

and this is a stupid post.

Players in a comparison don't have to be exactly alike, Roughead, Kennedy and Hawkins are all big marking forwards, that's more than enough to be worthy of a poll. If a player like Roughead has more versatility, then that's a factor you can use to make an argument, not to whinge like what you're doing now.
What! ease up turbo no one is whinging, nor did i see in his post any reference to the other players...It was a simple regard to the status people hold Roughead and Roughead alone.

With terms of Roughead, He just came back from a snapped achillies ankle to play in a position he really never played, He had a pretty amazing season overall, A snapped Achillies is absolutly nasty and has put down a lot of players in prime and has robbed others of reaching the heights they could of hit.

He's older then both so who knows, Overall i feel Hawkins, You would be happy with Josh Kennedy as well.

What! ease up turbo no one is whinging, nor did i see in his post any reference to the other players...It was a simple regard to the status people hold Roughead and Roughead alone.
I rest my case.

I rest my case.
You rest your case for what? You claim that they are all big marking forwards and yet Roughead has not really been in that role since 2010. He played it barely in 2011-12 and sparingly in 2009.

You rest your case for what? You claim that they are all big marking forwards and yet Roughead has not really been in that role since 2010. He played it barely in 2011-12 and sparingly in 2009.

While Roughead has had time in the ruck, he has primarily been a tall forward. Exactly the same can be said about Hawkins, who's future as a forward was in doubt when he was spending time in the ruck or even out of the side, but over the journey he has primarily been a forward.

Over the time period you've mentioned, Roughead has still performed the best in the area that matters most for a forward, hitting the scoreboard.

Roughead
2009: 51 goals in 19 games @ 2.68
2010: 53 goals in 23 games @ 2.3
2011: 16 goals in 11 games @ 1.45
2012: 41 goals in 23 games @ 1.78
Total: 161 goals in 76 games @ 2.11

Kennedy
2009: 31 goals in 16 games @ 1.93
2010: 41 goals in 22 games @ 1.86
2011: 59 goals in 23 games @ 2.56
2012: 18 goals in 11 games @ 1.63
Total: 149 goals in 72 games @ 2.06

Hawkins
2009: 34 goals in 24 games @ 1.41
2010: 21 goals in 18 games @ 1.16
2011: 27 goals in 18 games @ 1.5
2012: 62 goals in 22 games @ 2.81
Total: 144 goals in 82 games @ 1.75

Read post #15.

It's close but I'd say Hawkins > Roughead > Kennedy. A bit harsh to compare Hawkins & Roughead on singular games but compare their most recent grand final efforts - Hawkins should have won the Norm Smith and Roughead was one of the worst on ground.

Back