News Jason Castagna retires

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon people now pity George which is why they pretend he was a valuable player. Take a step back and watch his actual performances. No one in their right mind can say he was anything but a woeful footballer.

i don't pity George at all, i envy the career he carved out with the tools he had i really hope he is proud of it,

i do however pity you and all the other s**t posters that feel the need to sink the boots in to him and other players they don't like, just remember the people you are bagging rose to greater heights than anything you will ever be.

I usually come to bigfooty to seek out and interact via conversations with like minded and educated people.

This thread unfortunately appears to just be facebook/Instagram level, where too much personal opinion is made to be the truth.

If you don’t like the bloke, that’s fair enough. Tell your mum, dad, sister, brother, wife, husband or neighbour you don’t like him. The fact that so many go straight to social media to voice their unnecessary opinion continuously is disturbing.

Likely most of us have Facebook or the like, we sit and scroll to our hearts content. We all (probably a few dole bludgers) work jobs just like Castagna. Now imagine millions of people that watch the games each and every week jump online to offer you a performance review. How would we respond?

Sure, you can say switch off, don’t read it, don’t listen. Really? He’s a young man that has grown up with technology and is no different to any of us.

He used his skill set to the absolute limits. He performed a role for the team. Did he reach Dusty Martin level greatness? He got nowhere near it. Didn’t need to. He still provided value where they needed to for the team. Had moments of good chaos but also had moments of bad chaos. Unfortunately like everything in life we’re always more likely to leave a bad review than a good review.

Bloke kicks straight in the 19 GF and he’s the norm smith medalist. Instead we remember him for getting smothered in the goal square against the Suns.

I usually come to bigfooty to seek out and interact via conversations with like minded and educated people.

This thread unfortunately appears to just be facebook/Instagram level, where too much personal opinion is made to be the truth.

If you don’t like the bloke, that’s fair enough. Tell your mum, dad, sister, brother, wife, husband or neighbour you don’t like him. The fact that so many go straight to social media to voice their unnecessary opinion continuously is disturbing.

Likely most of us have Facebook or the like, we sit and scroll to our hearts content. We all (probably a few dole bludgers) work jobs just like Castagna. Now imagine millions of people that watch the games each and every week jump online to offer you a performance review. How would we respond?

Sure, you can say switch off, don’t read it, don’t listen. Really? He’s a young man that has grown up with technology and is no different to any of us.

He used his skill set to the absolute limits. He performed a role for the team. Did he reach Dusty Martin level greatness? He got nowhere near it. Didn’t need to. He still provided value where they needed to for the team. Had moments of good chaos but also had moments of bad chaos. Unfortunately like everything in life we’re always more likely to leave a bad review than a good review.

Bloke kicks straight in the 19 GF and he’s the norm smith medalist. Instead we remember him for getting smothered in the goal square against the Suns.
giphy-299808028.gif

. Instead we remember him for getting smothered in the goal square against the Suns.
I don't, i remember him for that great mark in the 19 prelim in amongst two scatters in the 3rd qtr, he then turns his back in true George style, spots Selwood asleep at the wheel and then runs out and sneaks it home to bring us to within a point.

one of my favourite moments of George as well as the helicopter punt in the 3rd qtr of the 20 GF.

Lord Castagna. The great man. Fitted our game plan perfectly for 3 flags playing one of the hardest and thankless roles in the team. Limited footballer but perfect role player for our side at the time.

Don't think he'd be best 22 if he was still around anyway so he probably pulled the pin at the right time.

Reckon people now pity George which is why they pretend he was a valuable player. Take a step back and watch his actual performances. No one in their right mind can say he was anything but a woeful footballer.
Those who have this opinion of George are those that can only see one of the three aspects of the game - we have the ball.

Those who can see the other two - they have the ball, and the ball is in dispute; can see the extremely valuable contribution George made to our team.

absolutely bizarre and stupid comment, do you realise George played well over 100 games for the tiger's including premierships, he was durable and fit enough to rarely miss games through suspension or injury (coaches love this) and would have played sore...and we ain't talking D grade amateurs, where a good footballer could still kick 6 with a tight hammy....considering he played at the highest level George achieved more than 99.999% of men that have ever pulled on a footy boot.

your time on here as Zilo is going to be short-lived.... until you make up another bogus account.

Bad kicking is bad football. What did he kick, 0.5? Imagine if it was a close game. That type of wayward kicking could’ve cost us the Grand Final. Like I said, the luckiest player of all time.
A Sydney Stack and George Costanza conversation possibly went something like this....

SS: 3 premierships W:oops:W, you are very very lucky
I have none, yet i had great talent and potential

JC: funny isn't it?...the harder i worked the luckier i seemed to get ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope you are enjoying your retirement Jason and able to focus on your new married life.

Plenty to sit back and reflect on. Im sure the pressure you were under in your last years built your character and that is now more important than football ability.

Wish I had a sporting career like yours to reflect on. Three medals Robert Flower and Nathan Buckley would kill for and no doubt some life lasting friendships. Probably a bit of coin in the bank to set yourself up in the future.

Thank you for allowing me to have moments to forget that as a footballer I was s**t.

No doubt he's achieved more in his life than your sorry ass.

Are you enjoying yourself? Even though he’s retired you still can’t help sticking the boots in. How bloody nasty and spiteful can you get?

Is this an opposition troll account or did you used to be called something else?

Are you enjoying yourself? Even though he’s retired you still can’t help sticking the boots in. How bloody nasty and spiteful can you get?

Is this an opposition troll account or did you used to be called something else?
He’s the new kid on the block FS and doesn’t know the basic rules on BF behaviour. Be nice please as we are all important cyber figures on here.

How dare I have an opinion that is shared by the overwhelming majority of the football world!

I don't mind criticism aslong as it's respectful. Gez is this thread being blowed out of proportion players get criticism every week from everywhere.

Cut to chase George retired because he wasn't going to get game and declined as a footballer even his vfl performances weren't great that's the facts not this crap about criticism and Dimma saying I should have protected him complete rubbish and nonsense for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back