Jason Cave's best VAFA Team since 1975

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow what a great read. Just had a fab 20 minutes there. Jase's idea to have us play a full strength SA team with Jarmans and Kernahan was priceless.

Having been around VAFA football for such a long time, I thought it was best if I name my best VAFA team from 1975. My apologies if I missed out on anyone.

The team is:

B: S.Lethlean (Old Xavs) M.Fletcher (Hamp.Rovs) D.Matthews (BT)

HB: B.Bourke (DLS) D.Landrigan (Old Xavs) A.Carbone (W'friars)

C: J.Bowen (Old Xavs) S.Anderson (Hamp.Rovs) R.Fuller (OS)

HF: B.Conti (NOB) M.Pitts (Beau) R.Barnes (Ormond)

F: A.Acreman (Old Ment) M.Crawford (Hamp.Rovs) T.MacGeorge (StbM)

R: M.Blood (Old Xavs-c) D.Artz (Hamp.Rovers) G.Hatfield (OT)

INT: M.Yeo (Old Carey) B.Murphy (Old Ment) P.Considine (NOB)
T.Fellows (Thomastown) L.Wintle (StBM) D.Cleary (Oak)

EMERG: T.Bromley (Oak) R.Booth (Monash Blues) B.Bourne (Ormond)

COACH: Barry Richardson (Old Xavs)
ASS.COACH: D.Scarlett (Hamp.Rovs)

UMPIRES: Mark Gibson & Steve McCarthy
For Canada Jascave Best since 1975, contains only 5 Rovers players.

Ah yes..this thread just keeps giving. Do yourself a favour regulars and have a read. Nice work BS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jase must have a perpetual diary because in post #169 on January 1st 2008 he asks "PS when does the rep matches for this year start?

This thread is a gift from the gods. The initial side would get steamrolled annually by most A-Premier premiership sides.

The best part of it is that Jascave put his name to it and posted it online for critiquing.

It's a really tough ask to pick such a side as picking a team of the year from a single grade is a nightmare.

It becomes harder when you are only able to watch one game a week and you mainly watch your own club (HR).

It's time for an updated team sheet/club helpers... we need to select an amateur ground to play on and of course a great tap beer for after the game.

I'm going to suggest that the game is played at The Snake Pit at St Bernard's. would love to see the place full of people from all clubs over the last 25 years. It will be full to the brim. Also the bus loads of visitors who traveled from SA could watch from the hill.

The after match functions at The Pit have always been second to none.

As for the best tap beer of the last 25 years I would have to go with newcomer Furphy. The boys would really enjoy a few cold Furphys at The Pit after knocking off the strong SA side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back