FTA-TV Jason Dunstall firms to fill Paul Roos' vacant seat on Fox Footy's On the Couch

Remove this Banner Ad

Robert Walls voice is being broadcast on the promo for this season? I know he was supposed to be retiring.

He did a week or 2 last season when Roos was on a holiday, said he was going to retire to France at the end of 2013, so lucky it wont be him.

He did a week or 2 last season when Roos was on a holiday, said he was going to retire to France at the end of 2013, so lucky it wont be him.
I knew he was retiring, only that the commercial preveiwing this seasons show has 3 voice over grabs, Healy, Sheahan ang Walls, what possible reason would it be airing Walls voice unless he was the new man. Personally I much prefer Dunstall, for all his follies on After the Bounce etc, he is a smart cookie and a professional. Walls is a muck raker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robert Walls in France...no wonder there's violent protests about too much immigration in that country.

Would much prefer Voss or Carey to Dunstall.

I like Dunstall - very smart bloke who comes across as having a good sense of humour, but it annoys me a bit how he never comments on anything Hawthorn (good or bad) on his shows. Now fair enough considering his role at Hawthorn, but I'd rather listen to someone who's 'outside' the industry and can say as they please. I guess you could counter that with Roos who despite being on the outside was clearly still very invested in the Swans and say that it's not much different, but Dunstall just shuts up shop each time the Hawks get mentioned which is not what you want an expert doing for On The Couch.

Robert Walls in France...no wonder there's violent protests about too much immigration in that country.

Would much prefer Voss or Carey to Dunstall.
Carey yes, Voss no. Voss sounds like a complete moron when he opens his mouth. I can certainly see why he was such an atrocious coach. Carey has always had an outstanding football mind, yet his home-life troubles have prevented him from advancing further in the coaching ranks/media.

I like Dunstall - very smart bloke who comes across as having a good sense of humour, but it annoys me a bit how he never comments on anything Hawthorn (good or bad) on his shows. Now fair enough considering his role at Hawthorn, but I'd rather listen to someone who's 'outside' the industry and can say as they please. I guess you could counter that with Roos who despite being on the outside was clearly still very invested in the Swans and say that it's not much different, but Dunstall just shuts up shop each time the Hawks get mentioned which is not what you want an expert doing for On The Couch.
I agree, he'sa smart, common sense thinker, one of the big problems footy media has is that there are so many conflicts of interest! No matter how good an analyst or commentator anybody is, if they have a conflict of interest, it's a waste of time them being there! Is he still the CEO at the Hawks?

Dunstall is getting stale these days and s**t boring to listen to so I doubt he ends up getting the gig to be honest. Need a younger fresher face, someone who brings a different view opposed to those same blokes who belonged to the boys club of yesteryear.

This big time, He's a much smarter then he lets on sometimes about football, However his hawthorn bias comes out, Not in a barracking form but he's either high of praise on hawthorn and detailed why or he can savage them, leaving people to wonder who else is on

I mean yeah, I'll take him over Walls who's as smart as a log and talks about carlton however

Remove this Banner Ad

Back