FTA-TV Jason Dunstall firms to fill Paul Roos' vacant seat on Fox Footy's On the Couch

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally, I was hoping it would be Wayne Carey. I am a bit over Dunstall and Voss isn't very bright from all reports. I am surprised that they didn't consider Worsfold.
Assuming he still lives in Perth, that would not have been practical, having to fly 4 hours each way to and from Melb for a one hour show.

They flew Roos to and from Syd each Monday but for a one hour flight it's tolerable. 4 hours would be silly.

I'd be happy with Dunstall on the couch.

Not while he was officially at Hawthoen mind you, but now that he is free from that duty, i think he will be outstanding.

Briliant footy mind.

Voss is a numbskull. Gun footballer. But a numbskull.

Carey would be good.

But i reckon a freed up from Hawthorn duties Chief will be a step up from Roos and Hird.
Yeah this is the correct answer, on all counts.

I also liked the Matthews suggestion as he's probably the best special comments / analyst bloke there is.

If true it would be awesome because Jason Dunstall knows his footy. He's got such a football brain and is known to have heaps of knowledge. Not only because he played at the highest level but he loves his footy.

Dunstall is a fantastic choice, especially now his official role at the Hawks is over.

Agree, should be able to now actually discuss all teams instead of basically ignore anything Hawthorn or be negative towards them which he loved doing.

As for footy brains, he is clearly one of the best in the business. Will be a good get.

Dunstall has been confirmed, as well as Ed and Derms’ Footy Show :eek:

COLLINGWOOD president Eddie McGuire and Hawthorn legend Dermott Brereton will host a new Sunday night entertainment show — Ed and Derms’ Footy Show — on FOX FOOTY this year.

The announcement was one of many changes revealed at the FOX FOOTY season launch, where Jason Dunstall was also confirmed as co-host alongside Gerard Healy and Mike Sheahan, of the most prestigious and long-running AFL program — On The Couch.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...all-on-the-couch/story-e6frf3e3-1226843758312

Fox footy have revealed who is their replacement for paul roos on facebook. Their new cover photo reveals that Jason Dunstall is it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ed and Derm's footy show. God almighty, the battle to get mor eair time between those two will be an interesting watch. Two massive egos right there
Have to shoot that one with 2 widescreen cameras to fit both heads in.
sharp-108-inch-aquos-lcd-hd.jpg

I'm bias, I think Jason is (by far) the best media person around.

He's smartened the show up, and pulled Healy back into line - much more focused, and 'interested'.

For too long it had become a three way love-triangle, with Sheahan and Healy gushing over Roosey and his Swannies.

Dunstall doesn't suffer fools, and it was poignant that he completely shut Mike down on a few occassions.

He knows when to sit back and let the "journalist" speak - yet can talk

He will cop flak for his anti-Hawthorn tirades, but with the more in-depth vehicle this show is, it shouldn't be an issue.

I hope he stays on Insider as well - which has taken over from OTC over the last 4-5 years as the best football show.

I'm bias, I think Jason is (by far) the best media person around.

He's smartened the show up, and pulled Healy back into line - much more focused, and 'interested'.

For too long it had become a three way love-triangle, with Sheahan and Healy gushing over Roosey and his Swannies.

Dunstall doesn't suffer fools, and it was poignant that he completely shut Mike down on a few occassions.

He knows when to sit back and let the "journalist" speak - yet can talk

He will cop flak for his anti-Hawthorn tirades, but with the more in-depth vehicle this show is, it shouldn't be an issue.

I hope he stays on Insider as well - which has taken over from OTC over the last 4-5 years as the best football show.

Agree with all this but AFL Insider is really your favorite footy show? Most people I know find that extremely boring at times

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'm really pissed off Dunstall has taken Roos spot on OTC. This guy is on just about everything on Fox Footy, I think it showed a real lack of imagination from the producers of the show to put him on the show. We already know his football opinions because we hear them so much already. So many great footy personalities out there who would've been great. I won't be watching it this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back