FTA-TV Jason Dunstall - the best we've got

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Dunstall is one of the most versatile and intelligent footy media people we have. He makes sense, has a great understanding of everything footy, his gameday comments are great and he is genuinely value and worth listening to.

I reckon he is the best Australia has in television media (in the AFL industry).

As a special comments contributor and analyser of the game he's almost always intelligent and informed and one of the best going around.

Pretty dreadful as a 'comedian' though. For some reason Channel 7 back in the day and Fox Footy forever treat him as some comic talent when he's done the same one-note dross for decades.

Think he's outstanding. Very good at being serious when required, but also plays it up a bit when necessary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree, great footy knowledge both on and off field and quite happy to say it as it is without looking to grab a headline unlike some other commentators. Also one of the funniest on radio & tv with his sarcasm and cutting comments.

Love watching his meltdowns re dribble kicks - has some great insights when in 'serious' mode as well.

I'm a little biased because he was one of my favourite players, but I've always enjoyed him in the media. I just crack up when he goes off his nut about the dribble, loved the banter between him and Sam Newman. It's amazing how many people used to think they were serious. He's a very intelligent man, which makes him different to many other people in the media.

Meh.

I can tolerate him On the Couch etc but hate when he calls Sydney games, he has an obvious dislike for us which he does a really poor job of hiding. Very negative, if we are beating up on someone he won't say anything complimentary, simply critisises the opposition.

dunstall.jpg

Can't stand it when he is on the couch and morphs into a barely tamed down version of his Bounce self, launching at Brown for example. Keep that s**t for that waste of space,Bounce.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back