Delisted Jason Holmes

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn, Rocky's a strange cat:

11952012_10153298091068183_8335491401279065039_n.jpg

Love the man, but god Nic Nat really showed him what rucking was all about tonight. One of Nicks leaps was just about over Jason!

Played a top pressure game tonight better and better

Love the man, but god Nic Nat really showed him what rucking was all about tonight. One of Nicks leaps was just about over Jason!

Played a top pressure game tonight better and better

I thought that Holmesy was one of the few guys that was able to go with Nic at the centre bounce tonight. It must of just been Nics ability to read the ball a little better from experience that got him up and over him, because the first centre bounce they were both as high as each other. Once Jason learns to be a bit more aggressive at contests he will do really well.

Looked to me like Holmesy out-jumped NicNat on a number of occasions - guess people didn't notice it because BT wasn't wetting himself with excitement as he did when it went the other way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Holmes becomes a very good player at saint Kilda.
I was at the game last night and was looking forward to seeing him play.
From what I saw Id say he is a work in progress . He could work on having a bit of physical presence and adding a bit of intimidation into his game.Just to make the oppositon aware and respectful of him.He got first hands on the ball a couple of times in marking contests in the forward line.If he starts hanging on to those and kicking a goal or two then the opposition will have to become a lot more accountable very quickly .He is fast ,big and athletic enough to be a forward target as well as a ruckman.
Practice contested marks and get a bit angry.
Thanks for letting me post on your awsome board.

Great story is Holmsey.
Our luck he didn't get contact lenses earlier.

Looks far better flying high for us than he would have standing on a dung hill chewin Dunhill. OMG. I'm starting to sound like Dr Spaceman

American import Jason Holmes was one of the most intriguing stories of 2015 and has put himself in a strong position to raise the bar this season, according to St Kilda leader Jarryn Geary.

The 26-year-old ruckman played the final three games of last season, demonstrating his athletic prowess and ability to dictate traffic at stoppages through his tap work.

Despite starting from a long way back given he’d never touched a football until three years ago, Geary revealed that Holmes’ professionalism and desire to make the most of his opportunity down under has him well placed to take a step forward in 2016.

“One thing we know about 'Holmesy' is he gives himself every opportunity to be a really good AFL footballer. He doesn’t miss a beat,” Geary told Melbourne radio station SEN.

http://www.saints.com.au/news/2016-02-11/holmes-leaving-no-stone-unturned-says-geary

I know he was on standby for Hickey earlier in the year, but is there any other news on Holmes? I'll admit I haven't been reading news on his progress this year.

EDIT: OK, to answer my own question, I headed over to the Sandringham FC website. Looks like he's having a decent year with the Zebras. I'll keep reading. I guess I hope he doesn't have to play for the senior side, while still hoping he somehow gets another chance.

Last edited:
I know he was on standby for Hickey earlier in the year, but is there any other news on Holmes? I'll admit I haven't been reading news on his progress this year.

EDIT: OK, to answer my own question, I headed over to the Sandringham FC website. Looks like he's having a decent year with the Zebras. I'll keep reading. I guess I hope he doesn't have to play for the senior side, while still hoping he somehow gets another chance.
He was emergency for the Bombers game but in general, Hickey is just playing too well. And I doubt Holmes would be much use anywhere other than ruck. He might be able to play forward but I think he needs to be more aggressive.

I'm really disappointed for the guy.

It's hard not to be ambivalent. I'm loving the job Hickey's doing (record-breaking stuff!).

But there's the "born in the USA" thing (like me!) And I met Jason briefly a couple of years ago at a function at Linen House, and he seemed like a great bloke - even tweeted back to me :) When he got a couple of games, I thought "great for his development". Then nothing.

I hope he's still enjoying his "journey" - must check out his twitter again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back