Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How is this still a discussion ? Didn't he say he wanted to go to Victoria, bigger stage, more exposure, the glory, AFL's home of footy blah blah

Have you considered that he might end up loving North and settling in Melbourne?

I think we are trying to perform some sort of group manifestation/Law of attraction thing.

Adelaide are as destination club these days dontchaknow?

Here is a guy that i never ever got a feeling would come back to play for us if we could not draft him. Luko and rankine always felt achievable as they went to GC which is a basket case of a club. North will have him for a very long time as they are rebuilding the right way and like us should be strong in the mid to latter part of the 2020's. Lets focus on who we can get and who is best of that group to make our side stronger going forward

Here is a guy that i never ever got a feeling would come back to play for us if we could not draft him. Luko and rankine always felt achievable as they went to GC which is a basket case of a club. North will have him for a very long time as they are rebuilding the right way and like us should be strong in the mid to latter part of the 2020's. Lets focus on who we can get and who is best of that group to make our side stronger going forward

how the * are North rebuilding the right way? They’ve got David bloody Noble in charge for a start

And he has given that team positivity. They have cleared house and hit the drafts hard to get high end talent in. I am confident they wont be around the bottom much longer the way they are building..imo

All rebuilds start that way. North are like us at the moment, we have no genuine idea if we're on the right path or not, but there are reasons to be optimistic at this point.

You can’t rationalise with someone that has never left his mothers basement, let alone South Australia.

A big factor in Adelaide going so hard for JHF now, is because he’s a loyal kid. Matter of time before he gets a Victorian Missus.
Even if he gets a Victorian Missus and decides to stay, the big Victorian Clubs will come at him even harder than the Crows and Power, offering more $$$ off field.

He wont stay his entire career at North if he becomes elite.

I get the obsession with wunder kind, why wouldn’t you want someone who looks like they have it all?

I think we would love a player like JHF to watch as he grows into a star AFL player BUT personally, I’m ok with watching who in our current young crop will pull on the colours and become a hero of our team.

We should be looking at having some real growth in our exciting players this year …

Thilhorpe
Sholl
Fogarty
Shoenberg
Berry
Pedlar
McAsey
Jones
Cook
<EDIT>Holland - damn autocorrect Gollant!!
Newchurch and Parnell (hopefully)

Keen to see the continued development of Strachan, Butts, Borlase, Hamill, Murray, Worrell.

Returning from injury we have Crouch, Milera, Hinge and Hately.

Players like McAdam and Himmelberg, are they going to step up or out?

Will our older players play their role in growing the team around them? Sloane, Doedee, Seedsman, Keays, Smith, Walker, Brown.

Add in a top end newbie from the draft and that’s a lot to keep our bellies full!

Sure a #1 pick like JHF is a nice thing to have, but we do have a lot to look forward to without him.

Last edited:
I get the obsession with wunder kind, why wouldn’t you want someone who looks like they have it all?

I think we would love a player like JHF to watch as he grows into a star AFL player BUT personally, I’m ok with watching who in our current young crop will pull on the colours and become a hero of our team.

We should be looking at having some real growth in our exciting players this year …

Thilhorpe
Sholl
Fogarty
Shoenberg
Berry
Pedlar
McAsey
Jones
Cook
Holland
Newchurch and Parnell (hopefully)

Keen to see the continued development of Strachan, Butts, Borlase, Hamill, Murray, Worrell.

Returning from injury we have Crouch, Milera, Hinge and Hately.

Players like McAdam and Himmelberg, are they going to step up or out?

Will our older players play their role in growing the team around them? Sloane, Doedee, Seedsman, Keays, Smith, Walker, Brown.

Add in a top end newbie from the draft and that’s a lot to keep our bellies full!

Sure a #1 pick like JHF is a nice thing to have, but we do have a lot to look forward to without him.
👍I’m a big Schoenberg fan and think he has the capability to be of equall, Holland ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was curious so had a look back over the last 15 drafts. Definitely more busts sitting at 4 but also some time notch talent being drafted ie Oliver, Bontempelli.

Pick 1:
2020 - JUH/Thillthorpe
2019 - Rowell
2018 - Sam Walsh
2017 - Rayner
2016 - McGrath
2015 - Weitering
2014 - Paddy McCartin
2013 - Tom Boyd
2012 - Whitfield
2011 - Patton
2010 - David Swallow
2009 - Scully
2008 - Watts
2007 - Kreuzer
2006 - Gibbs

Pick 4:
2020- Logan Mcdonald
2019 - Lachlan Ash
2018 - Max King
2017 - Davies-Uniackie
2016 - Ben Ainsworth
2015 - Oliver
2014 - Jarrod Pickett
2013 - Bontempelli
2012 - Toumpas
2011 - Hoskin Elliot
2010 - Gaff
2009 - Morabito
2008 - Hartlett
2007 - Morton
2006 - Leunberger

Sounds like we are targeting a midfielder which is positive as all the players drafted as midfielders have gone on to have successful careers or were injury affected and as a result unable to fully live up to their potential. Sucks to miss out on JHF but fingers crossed on the next Bont/Oliver. Hopefully target one of the lads that still needs to grow into his body and leaves plenty of room for growth

Was curious so had a look back over the last 15 drafts. Definitely more busts sitting at 4 but also some time notch talent being drafted ie Oliver, Bontempelli.

Pick 1:
2020 - JUH/Thillthorpe
2019 - Rowell
2018 - Sam Walsh
2017 - Rayner
2016 - McGrath
2015 - Weitering
2014 - Paddy McCartin
2013 - Tom Boyd
2012 - Whitfield
2011 - Patton
2010 - David Swallow
2009 - Scully
2008 - Watts
2007 - Kreuzer
2006 - Gibbs

Pick 4:
2020- Logan Mcdonald
2019 - Lachlan Ash
2018 - Max King
2017 - Davies-Uniackie
2016 - Ben Ainsworth
2015 - Oliver
2014 - Jarrod Pickett
2013 - Bontempelli
2012 - Toumpas
2011 - Hoskin Elliot
2010 - Gaff
2009 - Morabito
2008 - Hartlett
2007 - Morton
2006 - Leunberger

Sounds like we are targeting a midfielder which is positive as all the players drafted as midfielders have gone on to have successful careers or were injury affected and as a result unable to fully live up to their potential. Sucks to miss out on JHF but fingers crossed on the next Bont/Oliver. Hopefully target one of the lads that still needs to grow into his body and leaves plenty of room for growth

I reckon there are more outright busts at 1 (and also more elite).

Seems to me like the SA kids that go in the first round are over hyped and don’t progress as expected recently

Lukosius and Rankine haven’t lived up to their hype. Fogarty is a no. Dylan Stephen’s no. Hately no.

There’s a couple yes’s, but nothing extraordinary. Pickett. Will Day. Tom Powell started well. Too early to tell on Thilthorpe.

Rozee is threatening to be a bust compared to the quality drafted around him.

I guess what I’m saying is, buyer beware on SA kids.

Seems to me like the SA kids that go in the first round are over hyped and don’t progress as expected recently

Lukosius and Rankine haven’t lived up to their hype. Fogarty is a no. Dylan Stephen’s no. Hately no.

There’s a couple yes’s, but nothing extraordinary. Pickett. Will Day. Tom Powell started well. Too early to tell on Thilthorpe.

Rozee is threatening to be a bust compared to the quality drafted around him.

I guess what I’m saying is, buyer beware on SA kids.
Except for the redone 2020 AFL draft where they’ve got Lachie Jones at 3 and Thilthorpe at 4. :p

all they talk about is his mullet.
Yep. Nothing mentioned on actual football ability or performance.

3. Lachie Jones (Pick No.16, Port Adelaide), 49.4 Rating Points, av 8.2ppg

Another defender in the top three, Jones became an instant cult hero among Port fans with his moustache, mullet and no-nonsense approach.

Back