Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

arrowman

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
By my calculations if We win our last two games, and Port and Hawthorn lose both of theirs our percentage is so low we can't go above them. We can only jump Essendon, if they beat Port by a small margin and get hammered by Richmond 50+ we could still over take them, provided both wins total 80+ points

Imagine winning the last two games and holding pick 4 because the 3 teams above all on the same amount of wins all have slightly high percentage.

If we have pick 4 I'm tempted to walk Rankine to the PSD with how the media and Gold coast are reacting and then a simple here's pick 4 and Sholl for JHF and be done with it. Just make out like Bandits.
Nope, we're one win behind Port and Hawks. If we win out and they lose out, we pass them both and % won't matter.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bit of speculation on the north board he was dropped because he did not want to play in the position he was told to. That is huge red flags if so

Edit..I suppose I would understand if they told him..Be Fogarty's Stepladder this week;)
Ch7 said tonight it was because he didn't want to do an ice bath after the game.

Seriously, are they just making stuff up now?

What's next, he parked in the coach's car park, asked for gravy on his lunch?

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

IF ...​

you're axing Jason Horne-Francis for a round 22 match in what would have been his first game in front of SA family and friends, and when you had previously had reason to do so for a number of reasons, both behavioural and form, but soft-optioned it ...

THEN ...​

don't be surprised if he does officially seek a transfer at the end of the year. Staggering management of the No.1 national draft pick.
Then...you can't ask for much when you want to trade him.

Did Stephenson get dropped for failing to COMPETE … DURING the game … in front of ALL his team mates … in front of ALL the coaches … in front of ALL the opposition players … in front of North fans … in front the entire AFL community?

Standards.

He probably like me was betting on Buddy to kick 4+ goals in that game.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers

failed to complete his “proper” ice bath recovery?.. whats a “proper“ ice bath recovery?.. I take it he’s gotten out of it a little bit earlier than he should have?.. I mean, is there any other “Proper” way to have an ice bath other than getting in, staying in for a certain length of time and then getting out?

if so.. that it the most pathetic excuse I have ever heard to drop someone over.. and pretty much makes it very believable that North had no intention whatsoever of taking him to AO to play the crows and were just looking for even the smallest of reasons to not do so.

which means they must be utterly terrified of what the AO crowd may have done.. ie.. cheering his every possession, guernsey’s and banners in crows colours with his name on them and chants of ”come home to us Jason” etc etc…

which is hilarious.

deeztreez

Club Legend
Dec 12, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Facebook rumours…

837112E6-4379-4D61-8596-9AE40F50A36E.png

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
failed to complete his “proper” ice bath recovery?.. whats a “proper“ ice bath recovery?.. I take it he’s gotten out of it a little bit earlier than he should have?.. I mean, is there any other “Proper” way to have an ice bath other than getting in, staying in for a certain length of time and then getting out?

if so.. that it the most pathetic excuse I have ever heard to drop someone over.. and pretty much makes it very believable that North had no intention whatsoever of taking him to AO to play the crows and were just looking for even the smallest of reasons to not do so.

which means they must be utterly terrified of what the AO crowd may have done.. ie.. cheering his every possession, guernsey’s and banners in crows colours with his name on them and chants of ”come home to us Jason” etc etc…

which is hilarious.
Apparently used warm water not ice water.

AFC3000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
We're always saying we need some different characters and not just the good boys from good familys stuff, until they step out of line, say more than cliches in the media, dye their hair or wear coloured boots before they've earned the right or whatever.

I'd back us to work with Horne-Francis if we could get him here and if he prefers bubble baths to ice baths, well someone will have to figure that out, maybe part of the new development.

We'd have probably sacked Martin after the chopsticks incident... Richmond didn't and were rewarded for that.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
We're always saying we need some different characters and not just the good boys from good familys stuff, until they step out of line, say more than cliches in the media, dye their hair or wear coloured boots before they've earned the right or whatever.

I'd back us on to work with Horne-Francis if we could get him here and if he prefers bubble baths to ice baths, well someone will have to figure that out, maybe part of the new development.

We'd have probably sacked Martin after the chopsticks incident... Richmond didn't and were rewarded for that.
E96A0AF6-46F6-4D91-8DA7-89096D7A4ECF.jpeg

yep… why not..

So we've played North twice and he's been out both times..... Very interesting
Didn’t have his ice bath in recovery.

It's almost like he is doing everything in his power to be traded...

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I would have thought that's pretty obvious - he doesn't want to be there.

He had the option to stay there and decided against it. Do they think he'll suddenly be on board and play to his best ability?

He’s an asset worth a lot of draft capital. If they fail to arrive at a deal they’re happy with, why just let him go for nothing? Pick him up with your PSD pick 1 and he either plays or sits out the year and you trade him contracted. It’s a no-brainer.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Do people think that our aggressive all in approach to rankine means that we are already out of the running for jhf? Can we realistically land both ?

I think we can, but it’d require collateral coming to us from trading out. And at overs I’d expect. Rankine we should get done around early to mid teens. JHF our next 2 firsts plus sugar. It’s doable, but it won’t be achievable just by trading out uncontracted players that we don’t want. We can’t get both without parting with something we’d like to keep.

Sep 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
By my calculations if We win our last two games, and Port and Hawthorn lose both of theirs our percentage is so low we can't go above them. We can only jump Essendon, if they beat Port by a small margin and get hammered by Richmond 50+ we could still over take them, provided both wins total 80+ points

Imagine winning the last two games and holding pick 4 because the 3 teams above all on the same amount of wins all have slightly high percentage.

If we have pick 4 I'm tempted to walk Rankine to the PSD with how the media and Gold coast are reacting and then a simple here's pick 4 and Sholl for JHF and be done with it. Just make out like Bandits.

We can finish a game above Port - percentage wouldn’t matter if we win both and they lose both

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back