Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters
Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Whilst the media circus and speculation surrounds JHF, I'd be making some serious enquiries about Tarryn Thomas.

I'd love to get JHF, but dont think it will actually happen this year. I'm the mean time I think Thomas is someone we've admired and is definitely a need and could be gettable given the focus of the club is the coaching situation and JHF.
Is there any family link to SA with Thomas or just that we bid on him.

AFC3000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm getting ads for inflatable spas on Bigfooty since contributing to this thread. Happy to donate one to the club if we get JHF.

Screenshot_20220813-082145_Samsung Internet.jpg

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
It's getting to the stage where Norf wont want a player with that type of attitude at the club next year
Well he is carrying on like a petulant child is he not? Just like the way he recently paid out veteran ruckman Todd Goldstein who was only trying to help him, hardly the behaviour you like to see in a 1st year player regardless of their draft position.

Well he is carrying on like a petulant child is he not? Just like the way he recently paid out veteran ruckman Todd Goldstein who was only trying to help him, hardly the behaviour you like to see in a 1st year player regardless of their draft position.
What do you reckon the last 12 months has done to his trade value?
The 3 1sts for pick 1 and a second obviously priced in the height of his potential. He's looked good at times, looked like a rookie at others, and certainly not been a model professional.

maxlilly

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
over here
AFL Club
Adelaide
A 5 game rookie showing little respect for a 300 game player is really poor.
He just needs to listen and keep his mouth shut

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
What do you reckon the last 12 months has done to his trade value?
The 3 1sts for pick 1 and a second obviously priced in the height of his potential. He's looked good at times, looked like a rookie at others, and certainly not been a model professional.
You'd probably give our 1st round pick but not a whole lot more now, no doubt some will disagree but that's where I'm at currently.

Pity there was no National Championships last year where we would have seen him matched up on the likes of Finn Callaghan, Josh Daicos, Josh Ward, Ben Hobbs, Neil Erasmus, Tyler Sonsie, Josh Sinn, Mitch Knevitt or even our 3 lads Josh Rachele, Jake Soligo and Zac Taylor who would all have been pitted up against JHF.

This year's Nationals once again showed there's a gap between the SANFL and the Victorian competition IMO and several of the best Vic's didn't even play Wardlaw and Tsatas who will go right at the pointy end.

maxlilly

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
over here
AFL Club
Adelaide
The afl should look on the bright side of the situation if JHF asks for a trade to us, they wont have to give them a priority pick as they will have picks 1 & 4 this year plus our next years as well.

mulz

Club Legend
Mar 27, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
chelsea fc
Can't believe North let an 18 yr old kid from another state hang out to dry in the media, sure he may have to be a bit more professional but hes hardly the first kid to have that, its a learning process.
Vic media doing a great job of hounding a first year player out of the state,
Get out while ya can kid, doesnt matter where just get out of Vic.

I wonder if anyone has come to JHF defence here?

Interestingly I did some Fun facts with Grotto on him.

Of his 16 games in his first year, his actual time on the ground was just 71% (less than three quarters) and equal 1st of the lowest time on the ground he has spent in his AFL career.

The public hanging of JHF about his ice baths, is not that he didnt do the ice baths, is that he didnt complete it in front of coach and senior team mates. I would argue, he probably felt his body was probably not needing as much recovery compared to previous games.

Would be very interesting if he came out in the media and said he actually did it but did it privately. It is interesting that the tweets about him go to the extent of saying he didnt do it in front of North staff and players.

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Can't believe North let an 18 yr old kid from another state hang out to dry in the media, sure he may have to be a bit more professional but hes hardly the first kid to have that, its a learning process.
Vic media doing a great job of hounding a first year player out of the state,
Get out while ya can kid, doesnt matter where just get out of Vic.
I understand internal criticism to Club standards .....but why oh why, do it so publicly ...with both Goldstein and development coach within a few days

A development coach going public and condemning your own player in the media is unheard of

Have we ever heard of a player not completing an icebath ....hard to fathom why, unless he's over the season / club

Back