Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if anyone has come to JHF defence here?

Interestingly I did some Fun facts with Grotto on him.

Of his 16 games in his first year, his actual time on the ground was just 71% (less than three quarters) and equal 1st of the lowest time on the ground he has spent in his AFL career.

The public hanging of JHF about his ice baths, is not that he didnt do the ice baths, is that he didnt complete it in front of coach and senior team mates. I would argue, he probably felt his body was probably not needing as much recovery compared to previous games.

Would be very interesting if he came out in the media and said he actually did it but did it privately. It is interesting that the tweets about him go to the extent of saying he didnt do it in front of North staff and players.
On a similar note, JHF averages more disposals, tackles, clearances, inside 50s, rebound 50s, frees for/against, contested/uncontested possessions and metres gained than their "captain" Ziebell but hes somehow had a poor first season.

I know hes shown poor body language at times this year, but his actual output especially early in the year was fine for a first year player. It seems like North may have a case of the golden tickets with some of their more experienced players, how Stephenson wasn't dropped for that Buddy goal last week is crazy.

I know its probably hard to put aside my Crows bias but I think if there are real issues between Jason and the club the best thing may be to just cut their loses. I know you'd want to back him and the club to turn it around, and if they land Clarko its a real possibility. I think its only a matter of time before he ruturns to S.A., trade him and bring in Sheezel or Tsatas or whoever and build around players who actually want to be there.

Whilst the media circus and speculation surrounds JHF, I'd be making some serious enquiries about Tarryn Thomas.

I'd love to get JHF, but dont think it will actually happen this year. I'm the mean time I think Thomas is someone we've admired and is definitely a need and could be gettable given the focus of the club is the coaching situation and JHF.
He is playing VFL today. Two goals so far in the first quarter and a set up another.

Someone needs to photoshop JHF, Goldy and Brent Harvey into this to prove that north are fabricating that JHF didn’t do his recovery in front of coach Les and team mates

982B32B3-A9DC-4B46-A167-E0E45167A2D6.jpeg

I heard ;), JHF met with Ken and was so impressed that he said that if Ken is still coaching Powa in 2024 he will definitely go to the powa ;);)
Ken won't be coaching them in 2024 though. He will be lucky to reach round 15 I think. I get the feeling he will go to the powaa no matter who is their coach. North need to hold firm and hold him to his contract. Clarko might wake him up.

Last edited:
A lot of talk about how if North get Clarko that this will make JHF want to stay.

Conversely now with the Dons in the picture, if they were to land Clarko, you would think JHF is on the way out be it this trade period or the next.

North blew a golden opportunity to trade with us last year.

A lot of talk about how if North get Clarko that this will make JHF want to stay.

Conversely now with the Dons in the picture, if they were to land Clarko, you would think JHF is on the way out be it this trade period or the next.

North blew a golden opportunity to trade with us last year.

I can’t believe they rejected it. If I was in that situation I would’ve done it.

I can’t believe they rejected it. If I was in that situation I would’ve done it.

It was idiotic at the time to reject the trade and has proven to be even more idiotic now.

100% I get he’s got fantastic potential, but that’s a huge risk.
I have no doubt that the three 1sts (IIRC) that we offered that collectively they would have offered North more than JHF for his time at North.

Of those Rachele would have been a lock for them and he looks like a star in the making already, Im not sure what the other picks where, but its yet another monumental blow by North.

If JHF is out of contract next year, his value will drop again significantly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no doubt that the three 1sts (IIRC) that we offered that collectively they would have offered North more than JHF for his time at North.

Of those Rachele would have been a lock for them and he looks like a star in the making already, Im not sure what the other picks where, but its yet another monumental blow by North.

If JHF is out of contract next year, his value will drop again significantly.
Other two were our pick this year and Melbourne's. So ~5 and ~14.

Tbh seeing this, it would have been reckless by us as well in hindsight.
We would have received North's 2nd which will be pick 20-21 but still very heavy price. We were probably always hoping North would knock back the trade but put a thought in JUH's mind we really rate and wanted him for the go-home factor.......

We would have received North's 2nd which will be pick 20-21 but still very heavy price. We were probably always hoping North would knock back the trade but put a thought in JUH's mind we really rate and wanted him for the go-home factor.......
What’s a JUH? Doesnt he play for the Dogs?

Macca19 who has had some decent intel in the past has said JHF to Port is definitely a chance

Pretty obvious they are up to something when they are okay with Amon leaving and also talk of Bergman/Georgiades possibly on the way out.

Back