Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You don’t rate Marshall and Georgiadis? Plus they’ll add to it.

They need a key defender and a couple of forward flanker types but they’ve got 3 A grade mids of JHF fulfils his potential and that’s massive for any engine room.
Wines and JHF are the big bodied ball winners with JHF being hybrid in that he can power out of a contest. Rozee is the outside mid with class.

For us if we stayed as we were and only bring in rankine, we are ok for inside ball winning mids but we need rachele to build into a classy mid to go with soligo, berry, shoenberg, pedlar and taylor and then dawson and rankine to be the real high end outside mids

I think we will have port for class on the outside in the years to come but they have some real power at the contest

Theres one way this goes..

Port ring north to discuss a trade and north say

Your first this year, your first next year and one of butters/bergman/dursma thanks..

Port say “no way”.

North say “see ya next year”

North hold all the cards here.
? Until next year when Port will hold all the cards and they risk getting F all for him?

? Until next year when Port will hold all the cards and they risk getting F all for him?
Port will only hold all the cards next year if they win the spoon..

But we all kniw that aint happening.
Port will end up higher on the ladder than the crows.. who would take him in an instant if he ended up in the psd..

Look mate...
I'm not sure if you're a 100% troll but whether you are or not, you post exactly as a Port Adelaide troll would.

Missing out on JHF will take a moment for Crows fans to process and some will be genuinely shirty for now.

If you have so much admiration for Port and their "decade of dominance" excellence, and so much spite and disregard for the Adelaide Crows and our players, perhaps you might be more comfortable changing your official allegiance.

But, returning to where I began, I think you're just a immature troll.

Calling what you do thinking is probably putting it a bit high isnt it?

Port will only hold all the cards next year if they win the spoon..

But we all kniw that aint happening.
Port will end up higher on the ladder than the crows.. who would take him in an instant if he ended up in the psd..
Exactly, if we are giving 5 for Rankine, JHF ain’t going cheap just because he wants to come home.

That sounds fine to me but with coughing up big for Rankine will we have the money/cap space to go as hard for JHF?

One coup at a time particularly with big money supposedly involved seems par for the course for any team. Not sure how you’d pull off two coups.

Their coup is bigger than our coup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These types of post should be a bannable offense.

We'd certainly lose nothing if they disappeared.

It's all well and good having that, but I do not rate the forward line they have at all. We saw during our dominant period in the 2000s that having an elite midfield and a s**t forward line does nothing for results.

Whereas I would potentially rate our key position prospects TT and Fogarty as likely the elite equivalent for the next decade.

Marshall's year wasnt far off Fogs.

Our elite midfield didn't win a flag because it ran into two more elite midfields- arguably the two best ever - Brisbane and then West Coast.

Exactly, if we are giving 5 for Rankine, JHF ain’t going cheap just because he wants to come home.
And you can be guaranteed that if port were lower on the ladder than us this year and rankine ended up in the PSD they would take him even though hes said he doesnt want a bar of them.. and thats without considering that the other teams that are lower than us would also take him.

Adelaide would take JHF in an instant.

If port want to get this done this year they will need to give north exactly what they want..

Or they risk this going to next year and then running the gauntlet..

Port have no hand at all.

lol at rendell on trade radio

Rendell: I'd be doing Ports first this year, and their first next year, and if next years is above pick 10, a bit in the deal that says Port then chuck in a second rounder.

SOS & Damo: confused look, Trade's don't work that way.
It should work like that

Conditional picks

And you can be guaranteed that if port were lower on the ladder than us this year and rankine ended up in the PSD they would take him even though hes said he doesnt want a bar of them.. and thats without considering that the other teams that are lower than us would also take him.

Adelaide would take JHF in an instant.

If port want to get this done this year they will need to give north exactly what they want..

Or they risk this going to next year and then running the gauntlet..

Agreed, JHF and his family would be pissed big time if they’ve convinced them they can get him and they don’t. Reckon they’d hold a grudge and we’d be favourites next year.

But the Port supporter base will go nuts if they don’t get him, Port have no hand at all. It’s the 2 firsts and a decent player.

North hold all the cards here.

There is a few caveats to that.

North/Clarko may want him out and not have that atmosphere around their rebuild with Clarko. Then again, will Clarko be there in 2023? Most likely.

I just hope while it looks like a complete lost cause, the Crows should still try an entertain the prospect of getting him, at least place pressure on Port with two 1sts and 2nd. Again the Rankine trade is an issue here, if we give this years 1st, our only realistic chance of two 1sts is if North hold JHF till next year. We then offer our 2023 1st and 2nd and 2024 1st.

Make no mistake our picks will still be better than Port next year and even in 2024. North need to realize this. Then we need to make a big bid for JHF. Sloane and Tex will be off our books too in 2024.

I do hope as you say North hold firm here. The Crows must push Port hard to go all guns in.

64816359-b84c-4611-b26f-8ae1340a22a5_text.gif

Back