Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters
Aug 31, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Berry, Butts, or Doedee might do it
I am not really interested in JHF, Berry would not be on my list, he’s strikes me as a guy that will get down and get his hands dirty to do what is necessary to improve, the other guy appears to rely on natural talent and when things don’t work out for him sulks

The reality is Butts probably doesn’t do it. They’d likely want someone we don’t want to give: TT, fog, Rachelle, Soligo.

This is primarily the problem with these kinds of deals and why they are hard to get done, the club losing the player wants either an equivalent type of player in return or the calibre of draft picks that has the potential of getting similar value. GWS is prepared to give 12 plus something extra just to move from 3 to 1. 8 and a future first from a potential finalist for a contracted pick 1 player is not really as appealing.

If he wasn't contracted you kind of have to do the best you can get, but with the contract, a lot can happen in 12 months. It is also a bit insulting to the player that you aren't prepared to put up something worthy of him as a trade.

George Kramer

Premium Platinum
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
If we offered North 4 first rounders including next years first, would they do it? Yes, absolutely.

If those 3 picks were McAsey, Jones and McHenry, what would they say? They would laugh us out of the room.

If you want an indication of how bad Ogilvie has ****ed up some of our firsts, just let this sink in.

Ramify

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Doedee is the one, he's the one I'm sacraficing as his role is the easiest to replace and technically Worrell was already doing it pretty well in the last few games.

He would offer great leadership for North, he's a bit older so has experience working with a young list like both North and us have.

100% the Logical Choice.

• Victorian
  • Fills 2 needs for them.
-Has some Value*(but probably nowhere near enough)
-Replacable with players we already have on list.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
If we were to get a look in then Rachele would have to be on the table..

It would be our 2023 1st, Rachele and doedee at the very, very least.

North doesnt want to trade JHF.. if they do this year.. it will be for enormous overs.

We need to stay miles away from it. The lad is a bloody good looking prospect but its just not worth the cost.

I’ll also add my opinion of the lad is that he is overrated.. was just massively overhyped in his draft year..

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
This is primarily the problem with these kinds of deals and why they are hard to get done, the club losing the player wants either an equivalent type of player in return or the calibre of draft picks that has the potential of getting similar value. GWS is prepared to give 12 plus something extra just to move from 3 to 1. 8 and a future first from a potential finalist for a contracted pick 1 player is not really as appealing.

If he wasn't contracted you kind of have to do the best you can get, but with the contract, a lot can happen in 12 months. It is also a bit insulting to the player that you aren't prepared to put up something worthy of him as a trade.
Understand what you’re saying but if I was moving I’d want the club I’m going to to give up as little as possible.

North doesnt want to trade JHF.. if they do this year.. it will be for enormous overs.

We need to stay miles away from it. The lad is a bloody good looking prospect but its just not worth the cost.

I’ll also add my opinion of the lad is that he is overrated.. was just massively overhyped in his draft year..
I would prefer to keep Rachele & our 1st.

Ramify

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

Surely that trade gets laughed out of the room? Rachelle > JHF on form.
I'd be asking for a second comming back.

You just walk away.

crow2crow

Trapped in Victoria
Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
if anything promise north the earth but for a trade at the end of next year... shut down the trade now so we have time to regroup

Ramify

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
5 + Doedee + Mrouch, Take it or leave it seeing as you(NM) view him as a problem child lost cause that you are willing to ship.

Rankine for a future first or walk to PSD using the same logic that suggests no team will pick up a player that doesn't nominate them.

Hey, this PS4 trade thing is quite fun after all.

Back