Strategy Jason Horne-Francis: North trade him to Port for massive unders

Easy, it’s pronounced

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed that is why when pick wise in 2019 draft and Port traded ahead of us to grab Rozee at pick 5 and we took Fish at pick 6. If we had Rozee in our team we improve instantly. Again their list management team getting it done vs ours asleep at the wheel. Which team of us and Port needs Rozee the most? Us then daylight.

Those weren't the same drafts...

Agreed that is why when pick wise in 2019 draft and Port traded ahead of us to grab Rozee at pick 5 and we took Fish at pick 6. If we had Rozee in our team we improve instantly. Again their list management team getting it done vs ours asleep at the wheel. Which team of us and Port needs Rozee the most? Us then daylight.
Fish wasn't in the same draft. We picked jones.

Our board overdoes the Ken mockery, like what do we have to mock? We've had a horrendous five year run, one of the worst in the league if not the worst, but even our record beyond that isn't sparkling.

We've made it to the prelim stage or later once in a decade. Hinkley has a better record than that. And with the young talent they've acquired is likely to into the future.

If we had a master coach that would be one thing, but we're actually long term stuck with the guy that used to carry Ken's whiteboard, and who has a career winning percentage of like 30 percent. Oh and he keeps losing Showdowns to him by ten goals plus.

What's the big lol?

Our board overdoes the Ken mockery, like what do we have to mock? We've had a horrendous five year run, one of the worst in the league if not the worst, but even our record beyond that isn't sparkling.

We've made it to the prelim stage or later once in a decade. Hinkley has a better record than that. And with the young talent they've acquired is likely to into the future.

If we had a master coach that would be one thing, but we're actually long term stuck with the guy that used to carry Ken's whiteboard, and who has a career winning percentage of like 30 percent. Oh and he keeps losing Showdowns to him by ten goals plus.

What's the big lol?
Ken is the 1 shining light... it appears half their posters agree with us on ken... their drafting has been far superior to us in recent times... they've been able to make the tough calls.. and nailed thier picks that's for sure.

Tbh... nicks is no better. Nothing I've seen from nicks gives me any confidence... but 10 years of the same guy with the same results ... that's some faith right there... maybe they might finally have got the missing pieces this year...

Cant believe this thread is still open..

Its *ing embarrassing.

Close it and move on ffs.
If you don't post in it, it will move further and further down, until it disappears off the pages.

Cant believe this thread is still open..

Its *ing embarrassing.

Close it and move on ffs.
Embarrassing that a lot of posters are trying to downgrade what Port's actually done here and claiming JHF isn't that good.

FFS, we tried to offer three firsts 12 months ago.

Accept that Port have done really well this trade period. Basically Amon out for Rioli in is probably neutral, traded pick 8 (9) and a F1 for JHF, got pick 33 in the wash up they can still use. That's an A grade trade period in anyone's language.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thread will always stay relevant.

As Kane McGoodwin pointed out, effectively we "may" have not got Dawson, Rachelle and Rankine if North accepted our offer for JHF.

I think it will be interesting to note what Port will give up, in terms of actual players with the picks they gave. Looking back at big trades over the years, the infamous Judd trade at the time made the Blues look like making out like bandits. In the end, the Eagles got a flag out of JK and also play in two grand finals.

Im confident even with hindsight, that I would rather have in developing a potential Premiership side, Dawson, Rachelle and Rankine combined than just JHF, who I believe will be elite.

The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.”

The thread will always stay relevant.

As Kane McGoodwin pointed out, effectively we "may" have not got Dawson, Rachelle and Rankine if North accepted our offer for JHF.

I think it will be interesting to note what Port will give up, in terms of actual players with the picks they gave. Looking back at big trades over the years, the infamous Judd trade at the time made the Blues look like making out like bandits. In the end, the Eagles got a flag out of JK and also play in two grand finals.

Im confident even with hindsight, that I would rather have in developing a potential Premiership side, Dawson, Rachelle and Rankine combined than just JHF, who I believe will be elite.

The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.”
Yes, I think if we landed JHF it would have cost us Rachele, Soligo & whoever we use next years future 1st on, as we would have used other picks for Dawson & Rankine.

It's still likely to be a 3 player v JHF scenario.

Something telling about JHF and his comments over the last couple of days, is that all the talk is about I, and me, but not a lot, if anything, about the team.

Might just be his age coming through, but would be red flags to me.

Time will tell and will be interesting to see if he reaches his undoubted potential, however needs more than potential and ability to succeed at AFL footy, if one doesn't have the right mindset.

Something telling about JHF and his comments over the last couple of days, is that all the talk is about I, and me, but not a lot, if anything, about the team.

Might just be his age coming through, but would be red flags to me.

Time will tell and will be interesting to see if he reaches his undoubted potential, however needs more than potential and ability to succeed at AFL footy, if one doesn't have the right mindset.

I’ve said this a few times on this thread but it’s worth repeating…

JHF is a lump of clay.

You teach the kid the attitude. That’s what the club is there for.

We’ve just had a prime example of this in Stengle. It could not be a better example of how the people and the environment shape the kid’s mindset.

There are very few genuinely lost cause kids — there are a tonne of lost cause dickhead adults calling the shots.

When you hear from an ex South team mate how JHF was living in Melbourne, his comments post trade line up.

Interstate draftees are put up in a hotel room by North. Alone with no club interaction away from training and playing. The senior players are not welcoming at all.

Clarko promised his family that would change. And they gave North a chance. But was always wanting to go to Port. Obviously the uncertainty there allowed Port to swoop in.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back