Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

So Port have done it with no guarantee they can actually trade them on?
It's what they're trying to do. No idea if they've had conversations or not. All I know is what I got from my mate at Port.

Would this year's 1st next year's 1st and Drew get it done.
Drew play every game this year or close to it

Would this year's 1st next year's 1st and Drew get it done.
Drew play every game this year or close to it
I think the Roos want a KPP rather than a mid.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lycett offered after the success of Finlayson this year. That or Clurey, though he's not really best 22 is he?

I think the Roos want a KPP rather than a mid.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lycett offered after the success of Finlayson this year. That or Clurey, though he's not really best 22 is he?
Yeah he is
McKenzie slowed down too much to join Jonas in the slow kpd bridage we have

Think lots of port fans would be happy to see lycett go

Port might think 8 and a F1 is fair but not sure you can just give up what you think is fair when trying to pilfer a clubs highly touted #1 draft pick from the year before who is still contracted. North can just say no
Absolutely they can, I don’t think anyone misunderstands that. And Port Adelaide don’t have to stump up whatever North ask for. Port can just say no.
It’s a negotiation.

As is mentioned countless times, if JHF was happy at North, there wouldn’t be a story.
But he’s not. So there is a question as to whether a happy JHF is worth the same to North as an unhappy JHF.

Not sure if already posted, but have it on good authority that Port are looking to package up the 3 picks for Bris Pick 15 and throw 8,15 & future 1st to North for JHF.

Could work something like so:

Port Adelaide: Picks 33, 43, 53, 57 (total 1,356 points) for;
Brisbane: Pick 15 (1,112 points)

Port Adelaide: pick 8, 15 + future first, for;
North Melbourne: JHF + future second

Port Adelaide: future second (tied to NM), for;
West Coast: Willie Rioli

Port Adelaide
IN: JHF, Willie Rioli
OUT: Picks 8, 33, 43, 53, 57, Future First

Brisbane
IN: Picks 33, 43, 53, 57 (total 1,356 points)
OUT: Pick 15 (1,112 points)

North Melbourne
IN: Picks 8, 15 + future first (tied to Port)
OUT: JHF + future second

Naughton is overrated. Been saying it for a while now. But it's a pointless analogy as he doesn't look like he will leave the Bulldogs any time soon
Shhh. Let the Dogs think they have Brereton.

Im thinking like you a little. Naughton looks magnificent and does some amazing things, but his output isnt anything like that.

I wouldn’t put Todd Marshall or Mitch Georgiades on Naughton‘s level, unless …. I look at actual output.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if already posted, but have it on good authority that Port are looking to package up the 3 picks for Bris Pick 15 and throw 8,15 & future 1st to North for JHF.

Wouldn't Melbourne have looked into whether that was possible before they traded it away for pick 27?

33, 43 and 53 is only 1174 points. Pick 15 is 1112 points. Having to find 2 extra list spots for 62 points isn't worth it.

Before Port supporters come along and suggest it, adding 60 and 67 doesn't make the deal better. It's extra points yes, but now we need to clear another two list spots. In other words, we're better off keeping pick 15 instead of doing that trade with Port.

Could work something like so:

Port Adelaide: Picks 33, 43, 53, 57 (total 1,356 points) for;
Brisbane: Pick 15 (1,112 points)

Port Adelaide: pick 8, 15 + future first, for;
North Melbourne: JHF + future second

Port Adelaide: future second (tied to NM), for;
West Coast: Willie Rioli

Port Adelaide
IN: JHF, Willie Rioli
OUT: Picks 8, 33, 43, 53, 57, Future First

Brisbane
IN: Picks 33, 43, 53, 57 (total 1,356 points)
OUT: Pick 15 (1,112 points)

North Melbourne
IN: Picks 8, 15 + future first (tied to Port)
OUT: JHF + future second
Brisbane will be able to get much more points than that for 15.

8, future 1st and Bonner is all it's gonna be. Time for Chadwiko, Psicosis and co to accept it and move on.

I think that's a pretty good deal tbh, Bonner is no scrub but he also plays the role we have the most depth in.

If it ends up 8+8 (23) + Bonner then I think North win that deal. If it's 8+16(23)+Bonner then Port win out. Most likely falls somewhere in between.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back