Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

Wouldn't Melbourne have looked into whether that was possible before they traded it away for pick 27?

33, 43 and 53 is only 1174 points. Pick 15 is 1112 points. Having to find 2 extra list spots for 62 points isn't worth it.

Before Port supporters come along and suggest it, adding 60 and 67 doesn't make the deal better. It's extra points yes, but now we need to clear another two list spots. In other words, we're better off keeping pick 15 instead of doing that trade with Port.
True..but i bet port are absolutely going for your 1st one way or another..a cheaper way to get an extra 1st. If thats their aim, i bet they get it done as they are not shy in pick swapping to get an end target

Career goals
Charlie Curnow: 143
Aaron Naughton: 147

I see stats like this and it makes me realise how underrated a career Jack Darling has had.

Jack Darling had over 180 after his fifth year, which is where Naughton is at now. And played as second string to one of the top 5 forwards of the past 20 years. He also kicked 53 goals in his second year when Kennedy was injured.

Yet I don’t think people would have set his trade value at 2 firsts, a player + more like they have in this thread.

I see stats like this and it makes me realise how underrated a career Jack Darling has had.

Jack Darling had over 180 after his fifth year, which is where Naughton is at now. And played as second string to one of the top 5 forwards of the past 20 years. He also kicked 53 goals in his second year when Kennedy was injured.

Yet I don’t think people would have set his trade value at 2 firsts, a player + more like they have in this thread.
You are forgetting that Naughton started his career as a defender

Naughton for JHF, straight swap or maybe even don't turn this thread into Naughton thread.

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

Naughton is overrated. Been saying it for a while now. But it's a pointless analogy as he doesn't look like he will leave the Bulldogs any time soon

You think everyone at the bulldogs is either s**t or overrated though.

Bloody spud and port and boner know it

boner actually liability to north

that does not sweeten deal but leaves sour taste

north could not be that dumb really

looking for best 22 not that spud
Friend, you seem very invested in a trade that doesn't involve your club in anyway

May i suggest the Rankine thread on this very board as a home for your unique and cutting insights?

True..but i bet port are absolutely going for your 1st one way or another..a cheaper way to get an extra 1st. If thats their aim, i bet they get it done as they are not shy in pick swapping to get an end target

I hear Butters is available...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this the thread where Port fans pretend Bonner is a handy player and not their 8th best back flanker who they would trade cheaply if JHF wasn't involved?

In all honesty I actually like Bonner. He takes risks and moves the ball forward quickly unlike our other flankers. But if he’s the deciding factor, we salute him.

Is this the thread where Port fans pretend Bonner is a handy player and not their 8th best back flanker who they would trade cheaply if JHF wasn't involved?
Bonner played 17 game this season so he can't be 8th

8, future 1st and Bonner is all it's gonna be. Time for Chadwiko, Psicosis and co to accept it and move on.

Some north guys from here are going to be unhappy if it's pick 8 and a future first plus bonner
8 , future 1st , and a first 22 player like Bonner is arguably one of the biggest trade hauls of all time.

If Roos fans complain about that they’re crazy with zero self awareness.

It’s considerably more than was paid for Tim kelly, Tom Boyd, Dayne beams, Prestia, Cameron and Dangerfield.

Judd - was pick 3, 20 and Kennedy.

So second biggest trade haul in modern football and not as big a gap between those hauls as the gulf in value between judd and jhf.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back