Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

Matto01

Debutant
Oct 21, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Read the whole thread.
I said if you trade out your f1st you wont be able to get him next year.
So you would not have the same Capitol would you?
I believe I responded to your crows stuff before. If jhf wanted to go to crows he would of last year. How you ask. He would of thrown his interview with north saying he wont leave Adelaide and will return at the first available opportunity then north would of taken crows offer. But he didn't, why you ask. Because if he went to crows, there would be no way he would get back to port.

So where does that leave jhf. In no way known he is ever being traded to the crows. There won't be a bidding war next year if it got to that. I think you need to stop going down that line. It's port and thats it.

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The tone of this thread has seemed to become a lot friendlier the last couple of pages.
A few poster from the supercoach board posting. We are not as adversarial as other folks on bigfooty.
We all get excited together about our sc players.
Life is too short for that s**t.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nah Butters is a freak and more proven, JHF might have a slightly higher ceiling but butters is a known A grader.
I agree with your description of Butters. A total gun. I'd love to see him in a North jumper.
If Port hadn't sprung the eleventh hour action on us, and JHF had instead manned up to North about his desire to go to Alberton a month ago, then a straight swap may have been a possibility.
But that's not what happened. So a premium is required.
I don't mean this to troll, its just on principle.

nomisg

Debutant
Nov 1, 2006
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
GSW
Just so I understand it, once all you gurus have finished negotiating, do you just ring the clubs to rubberstamp the deal or are there more steps to work though?
Lodge the paperwork with AFL and they will query "but how is this helping one of big Victorian clubs?"

I agree with your description of Butters. A total gun. I'd love to see him in a North jumper.
If Port hadn't sprung the eleventh hour action on us, and JHF had instead manned up to North about his desire to go to Alberton a month ago, then a straight swap may have been a possibility.
But that's not what happened. So a premium is required.
I don't mean this to troll, its just on principle.
I don't think list managers are as worried about 'the principle' as Bigfooty posters are.

Bennie the Nurse

Senior List
Dec 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well the sook shouldn’t have nominated for the draft if he’s that type. No one forces players to nominate for the draft actually can always play local footy with mummy
This is the type of rhetoric that JHF would have endure if he was forced to remain
I'm hearing it is very very close to being off completely.

North happy to back themselves in for at least 12 months.

David King basically said this on Fox footy last night, and he is very well connected at North.
David King 🤣😂🤣😂 might be in the media and a life member of North Melbourne but he knows little of JHF and his Family and the ties that they have at Port Adelaide. JHF won’t remain in Melbourne no matter what.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duckimus Prime

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Have a look at some of the big names recently traded out of contract.
You mean like former number 2 pick Tim Taranto that went for 12 and 19?

You don’t know how it works. Jeremy Cameron was out of contract. Why did the Cats give up 3 1sts and not walk him to the PSD?

Lol nothing.
They also got a slew of second round picks with Cameron. Also every club except Richmond had the chance at Cameron in PSD before Geelong. And there were plenty that could afford a ridiculous contract setup even easier than Geelong.

adogsfan5

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Any truth to the Eagles and Dan Houston rumour?

If it’s true, I am a little confused on what the eagles are doing ? Aren’t they in full rebuild mode?

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Any truth to the Eagles and Dan Houston rumour?

If it’s true, I am a little confused on what the eagles are doing ? Aren’t they in full rebuild mode?
WC said no truth.
Either made up by Port or the s**t reporter.
Probably the reporter.

Duckimus Prime

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
WC said no truth.
Either made up by Port or the s**t reporter.
Probably the reporter.
Or you know, West Coast got their local mouthpiece out to deny interest after being rejected by the player.
It was Riley Beveridge, AFL Media employee that broke it.

WA Media and West Coast, about as reliable as the SA Media and the Crows when it comes to playing down anything that makes them look bad.

Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
It’s probably already been posted but I think everyone wins with this deal

North

Ins
Pick 2 and ports future 1st 2023

Outs
Jhf

West coast
Ins
Pick 8 and Georgiades

Outs
Pick 2 Rioli

Port Adelaide
Ins
Jhf Rioli

Outs
Georgiades pick 8 and next years first

Jhf is worth 2 first round picks
He gets to his destination of choice

Rioli gets to port who he’s nominated

Georgiades goes home which is probably on the cards down the line anyway

North get pick 2 to pair with 1 so they can go wardlaw and cadman along with a bonus first round pick in a strong draft next season
West coast drop a few picks but can bring in Gibney/Hewett without reaching at pick 2.
They also pair up Georgiades next to Allen for the next decade. Rioli is leaving so this gets them something to get excited about and is imo an upgrade

The vic kids are in their current pick 2 range and with how they all seem to be these days will probably ask for a trade home in a few years Cerra style. So I don’t mind this move and it locks in 2 players for 10+ years.

Trades where no one really feels like they win are normally the ones that turn out to be the best. I think all parties in time would do well with these deals

You can probably argue Port/West Coast could exchange a few later picks to even it out but I don’t think it’s too far off the mark!

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
It’s probably already been posted but I think everyone wins with this deal

North

Ins
Pick 2 and ports future 1st 2023

Outs
Jhf

West coast
Ins
Pick 8 and Georgiades

Outs
Pick 2 Rioli

Port Adelaide
Ins
Jhf Rioli

Outs
Georgiades pick 8 and next years first

I don't think WC or Port would be happy with this.

Can we see a three or 4 way deal like in 1995

Adelaide received Darren Jarman (from Hawthorn) and pick No.45 (Scott Hodges); Essendon received Sean Wellman (from Adelaide) and Paul Barnard (from Hawthorn); Hawthorn received Paul Salmon (for Barnard) and pick No.25 (Daniel Chick).

That was WIN WIN WIN for all 3 clubs

mcnulty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ok I’ll have a stab, maybe the Hawks can get in on this and help broker a deal:

Hawthorn get pick 2, Butters and JHF

North get James Worpel and the Hawks f1

Port get Harry Morrison and Ben McEvoys retirement jersey.

West Coast get Sam Frost

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Ok I’ll have a stab:

West Coast get Sam Frost

Thoughts?
Of all the crazy offers I've seen for Port in this thread, this ranks somewhere in the middle.

catman2006

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sunderland & Penrith
Ok I’ll have a stab:

West Coast get Sam Frost

Thoughts?
North getting shafted big time surely Hawks get North's 1st pick as well

frank99

Debutant
Feb 27, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ok I’ll have a stab:

West Coast get Sam Frost

Thoughts?
Hawks will have to throw in Jeff Kennett to make this work. Then send Kochie to China and it's a done deal.

Back