Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

He will just pull a reverse Ben Jacobs
Why would he want to go to port anyway? You say he won’t want to stay with us as we are rebuilding and struggling but You’re close to doing your own rebuild in a couple years as it is and there’s nothing you will have this year (draft pick wise) or player wise which will be a fair trade for him on our end.

Why would he want to go to port anyway? You say he won’t want to stay with us as we are rebuilding and struggling but You’re close to doing your own rebuild in a couple years as it is and there’s nothing you will have this year (draft pick wise) or player wise which will be a fair trade for him on our end.
I’ve said no such thing.

Regarding fairness of trade - what did North Melbourne trade (player or pick wise) to Port Adelaide for Jacobs?

I’ve said no such thing.

Regarding fairness of trade - what did North Melbourne trade (player or pick wise) to Port Adelaide for Jacobs?

You'll be doing well if JHF lasts until pick 37 in the draft.

We offered pick 37 which port declined and then had to use that pick in the draft to pick him up.
So North Melbourne traded nothing to Port for a state under age captain first round draft pick after his 2 year initial first contract? After courting him for those entire 2 years? Then having a contract set no other club would match?

North fans would constantly feel like they are under siege. Rightly or wrongly there is a prevailing public perception North’s viability in the AFL is questionable. Other fans are excited about the hypothetical of picking over the carcass of the North list on the rare chance they are no longer a part of the AFL.

And you would think there would be sympathy for the little blue and white battlers swimming against the tide. But there isn’t.

Rightly or wrongly North picked up Greenwood knowing GC were going to relist him. Well within the rules and setting a benchmark for dealing with North. North encouraged Jacobs to leave Port and price himself out of the market, setting a benchmark for dealing with North. North made massive offers to superstars like Martin, forcing Richmond to match and setting a benchmark for dealing with North.

None of this is against the rules - it just sets the ‘anything goes’ mentality when dealing with North. They have become the Mankad of trading/drafting.

Port have nothing for JHF - but speculating fills the time and stops me rating strangers online with TikTok.

So North Melbourne traded nothing to Port for a state under age captain first round draft pick after his 2 year initial first contract? After courting him for those entire 2 years? Then having a contract set no other club would match?

North fans would constantly feel like they are under siege. Rightly or wrongly there is a prevailing public perception North’s viability in the AFL is questionable. Other fans are excited about the hypothetical of picking over the carcass of the North list on the rare chance they are no longer a part of the AFL.

And you would think there would be sympathy for the little blue and white battlers swimming against the tide. But there isn’t.

Rightly or wrongly North picked up Greenwood knowing GC were going to relist him. Well within the rules and setting a benchmark for dealing with North. North encouraged Jacobs to leave Port and price himself out of the market, setting a benchmark for dealing with North. North made massive offers to superstars like Martin, forcing Richmond to match and setting a benchmark for dealing with North.

None of this is against the rules - it just sets the ‘anything goes’ mentality when dealing with North. They have become the Mankad of trading/drafting.

Port have nothing for JHF - but speculating fills the time and stops me rating strangers online with TikTok.
I dont remember us offering much more to Jacobs than the opportunity to escape Port.

Losing Jacobs for nothing was not an issue, he was arse. Drafting him was the mistake.

Wish you guys traded Nick Stevens to Collingwood when you had the chance?

I feel ill knowing that toxic POS played for Carlton, easily my most hated all time Blues player.

I have to believe you are just blatant trolling at this point.

You don't seriously believe this nonsense do you ?
Port have nothing for JHF. I just think the absolute denial by North posters that he would want to leave and they would stop him if he did is in the further realms of fanciful than him walking to the draft.

Port have nothing for JHF. I just think the absolute denial by North posters that he would want to leave and they would stop him if he did is in the further realms of fanciful than him walking to the draft.
If he did decide to leave and it was Port as his preferred destination, a deal gets done. Port are known for cutting deals and would come up with something that would end up working for North

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure anybody has said they we would stop him from leaving from a North perspective, the general vibe is maximise it and run (if he wanted out, naturally). Unless you mean at the end of this year but that's a gamble, depends on if we thought we could sway him in 2023.

Of course every club has their morons that say things out of the realm of sense and sensibility and I guess every club also has some people that take it too seriously.

He's a poor man's Jack Silvagni, can't see him being worth much more than a late second rounder tbh.

Interesting little titbit. I find light doesn't bother me too much in terms of sleep, as I always tell my wife 'once my eyes are closed its dark anyway!'
It’s tidbit fyi and lol, that’s good by you

His attitude reeks of someone who is about himself tbh.

It's not one who hates losing for the team - he just hates losing himself as he's not used to it. He had a goal of being the #1 pick and was outspoken about it - I find that weird.

He just wants to individually be the best, which is a good trait if you can harness it, but geez you'd struggle to be an 'individual' in AFL these days. 22 blokes on a field. Can just get away with it in basketball with only 5 players on the court.

North need his drive, but not his entitlement imo.

I don't reckon he'd be worth the headache, just quietly.
You're short on a bit of information here. Jason Horne-Francis came from South Adelaide Panthers. They're a bit of a joke in the SANFL, he was instrumental in dragging that club up to a Prelim Final.

He's now at an AFL club that is worse than the SANFL feeder club that he left. Kids even the loyal kind that would stick with the club that drafted him for his entire career. Thats how bad it is at North.

Your

You’re forgetting the part where port declined the pick and delisted him without getting anything in return, and the other part where port were the biggest joke around that time even becoming the first team to lose to Gold Coast and gws

Remove this Banner Ad

Back