Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

Your

You’re forgetting the part where port declined the pick and delisted him without getting anything in return, and the other part where port were the biggest joke around that time even becoming the first team to lose to Gold Coast and gws
Huh? That wasn’t the question.

North looking for Hodge type, experienced campaigner apparenetly. Makes sense. They need leadership.

How about this.

Port facilitate the move of Travis Boak to North. North offer him 3 years on good coin. Boak is fit and will fit straight into their midfield/leadership. Understand that Boak is a free Agent and most probably doesn't want to leave Port, but Port get involved in mature discussions and an agreement is made that this could be the best thing for him ala Hodge to Brisbane.
Port trade an established best 22 player (Darcy Byrne Jones, Duursma, Bergmann for example).
Pick 7

For Jason Horne Francis.

North looking for Hodge type, experienced campaigner apparenetly. Makes sense. They need leadership.

How about this.

Port facilitate the move of Travis Boak to North. North offer him 3 years on good coin. Boak is fit and will fit straight into their midfield/leadership. Understand that Boak is a free Agent and most probably doesn't want to leave Port, but Port get involved in mature discussions and an agreement is made that this could be the best thing for him ala Hodge to Brisbane.
Port trade an established best 22 player (Darcy Byrne Jones, Duursma, Bergmann for example).
Pick 7

For Jason Horne Francis.
In this scenario... why wouldn't we just pay Boak 3 years worth of good coin?

I doubt he's just do it for just that. He needs a higher purpose. Port with a midfied of Wines, Rozee, Butters and JHF becomes God tier. It can be sold to him that he'll be helping the club he loves, make some extra coin, do a community service by helping the disabled kid...... everybody wins.

I doubt he's just do it for theat. He needs a higher purpose. Port with a midfied of Wines, Rozee, Butters and JHF becomes God tier. It can be sold to him that he'll be helping the club he loves, make some extra coin, do a community service by helping the disabled kid...... everybody wins.
Again not norths concern, if he wants to come he can come as an FA.

Nice fantasy for port though

I doubt he's just do it for just that. He needs a higher purpose. Port with a midfied of Wines, Rozee, Butters and JHF becomes God tier. It can be sold to him that he'll be helping the club he loves, make some extra coin, do a community service by helping the disabled kid...... everybody wins.
Okay, and the pitch to Jason is what exactly?
"Why don't you come to the only club where the coach is hated even more than the one you're currently at?"

How about this.

Pick 7

For Jason Horne Francis.
How can you trade an established contracted player?

What a disgraceful post your last comment is, Port are a treadmill club going nowhere, but by punching down and using 'disabled kids' as an analogy, that's just absolutely crap.

Butters and your first round picks for the next 3 years is the only deal North would possibly contemplate for JH-F, otherwise no deal

Also Port are hardly a destination team at this time, more like destination bust.

What a disgraceful post your last comment is, Port are a treadmill club going nowhere, but by punching down and using 'disabled kids' as an analogy, that's just absolutely crap.

Butters and your first round picks for the next 3 years is the only deal North would possibly contemplate for JH-F, otherwise no deal

Also Port are hardly a destination team at this time, more like destination bust.
Yup.

Moving on from the totally unnecessary bigotry... I'd like to think that if... at the end of 2023... Jason made it clear to North that he was genuinely unhappy, and he didn't see a way forward with the club, even with the new coaches and management that will result from the Walsh review, that we'd help engineer a solution that worked for both parties.

The problem as far as I can see is that its hard enough to get a solution where Jason would get what he wants, NM would get what they want, and the team we're trading him to would get what they want.

It becomes even more unlikely when you throw in contracted players that fill positions of need for us who are willing to come to a double wooden spooner. Even if we are in a position to open the war chest to top up their super.

I think the most likely thing in the "Jason needs to leave" scenario is the most boring: he goes for multiple draft picks, and we pursue free agents completely independently of that because we have the money to do so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He doesn't want to come. Nobody wants to come. Its all about appealing to his good nature. As I said. Like helping the Disabled kid or sponsoring an Ethiopian.
Why wouldn't he just stay at Port and help them?

This has been explained to him on our board a thousand times and he's wilfully ignoring it for some reason. Very strange behaviour.

Wow, Travis Boak is such a nice guy

Ethiopians are fast runners. Faster th
This has been explained to him on our board a thousand times and he's wilfully ignoring it for some reason. Very strange behaviour.
Did you see Footy Classified last night? Caro and then Lyon basically said exactly what I have been saying. But people have been saying that I'm thick because Boak can just walk to North as a free agent. Yes this is technically correct, but without massive, massive incentives (with probably AFL backed assistance) why would he go? The place is a complete stinking s**t heap. This is why a plan (and as much as we don't like it AFL intervened and orchestrated) where he goes to North and Port get JHF (with other draft/player sweeteners to North). it can happen. It probably should happen.

Ethiopians are fast runners. Faster th

Did you see Footy Classified last night? Caro and then Lyon basically said exactly what I have been saying. But people have been saying that I'm thick because Boak can just walk to North as a free agent. Yes this is technically correct, but without massive, massive incentives (with probably AFL backed assistance) why would he go? The place is a complete stinking s**t heap. This is why a plan (and as much as we don't like it AFL intervened and orchestrated) where he goes to North and Port get JHF (with other draft/player sweeteners to North). it can happen. It probably should happen.
Stop it….get some help footy classified also reckons we should trade JHF to the crows for Brad Crouch and Tex Walker (FA). I wouldn’t be using them as justification for anything

Stop it….get some help footy classified also reckons we should trade JHF to the crows for Brad Crouch and Tex Walker (FA). I wouldn’t be using them as justification for anything
I think you'll find its Matt Crouch. Brad plays for St Kilda now. Matt Crouch is a crab with no leadership ability. That would be a silly move. Walker wouldn't leave Adelaide and is one injury away from retirement.

Boak is the perfect fit. He has probably atleast 3 years left in him. Has been a captain. Has elite traing and fitness. Add an established Port best 22 player and pick 7. That will give North automatically 2 ready made mature good players, pick 1, pick 7, priority pick, pick 19. 4 picks in top 20. Use them wisely.

How about this.

Pick 7

For Jason Horne Francis.
Boak is a Torquay local and has some stake in the Sou'West brewery down there, as does Charlie Curnow.

Boak is not going anywhere except to Geelong.

How about this.

Pick 7

For Jason Horne Francis.

Even if North paid 800K a year for two years (hypothetically), he could make the same at Port over three years (hypothetically on 530K) - without having to get belted every week.

I think you'll find its Matt Crouch. Brad plays for St Kilda now. Matt Crouch is a crab with no leadership ability. That would be a silly move. Walker wouldn't leave Adelaide and is one injury away from retirement.

Boak is the perfect fit. He has probably atleast 3 years left in him. Has been a captain. Has elite traing and fitness. Add an established Port best 22 player and pick 7. That will give North automatically 2 ready made mature good players, pick 1, pick 7, priority pick, pick 19. 4 picks in top 20. Use them wisely.
I know he meant Matt, he actually said Brad put it on the graphic and everything. Even before the value argument (which I agree I don’t want either) there are two pretty big items highlighting the poor “thought bubble” not to mention we should walk a OOC player to the rookie draft (not ND or PSD the ******* rookie draft .

If he wants to come it’ll be as a fa and certainly not for JHF for cents on the dollar, I know you and seemingly everyone who’s not a north fan are cheerleading him going but until he actually says “I want a trade” he’s a north player, reading into frustration and s**t is just ******* guesswork. Even if he does end up leaving the trade will be much much bigger than that.

You buzzards are mental, between this and Eddie’s/Caros crusade is borderline pathological no club should have to endure this s**t, there should be a media cull but if simpletons keep lapping up this s**t they’ll keep going

Why would a bloke in the Twilight of his career risk moving to a club that might not even exist in 2 years time?
On what basis?

Get the * out of here with this s**t

Remove this Banner Ad

Back