Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

Will Jason Horne-Francis still be at the Kangas in season 2024...

Surely now it's of great concern that he's put contract talks on hold after earlier seeming really keen and talking up the club positively?

Maybe the coach has lost the players if performances are an indicator so perhaps a change there might help?

This bit

"It has since emerged that coach David Noble apologised to his players for a furious verbal spray during and after the 108-point loss to Brisbane in Round 3. Some players struggled to hold their composure after that address.

It is known that the way in which Noble sometimes communicates with players and staff had been addressed with him previously."

Yikes. Draftees these days seem to need kid gloves, that is just about the opposite

Nice troll.
Thank you kindly.

big brother pop GIF by Big Brother After Dark

They had, what, pick 4 (read: 6), a F1 (likely top 10, let's say 6 or 7) and pick 18 (probably moves to 20) on the table.

Gibcus, Wardlaw/Tsatas, Szybkowski, Busslinger/other key defender here
or
JHF (possibly going home), Wardlaw/Tsatas

Jeez, it looked bad at the time and it looks worse now

They had, what, pick 4 (read: 6), a F1 (likely top 10, let's say 6 or 7) and pick 18 (probably moves to 20) on the table.

or

Yep. But I think they did request norths future second back which pretty much cancels out that third first rounder.

The Richmond deal looks just as bad though.

Gibcus, Brown, Sonsie and CCJ (as well as keeping this years pick 19 which they ponied up for CCJ).

Lot of water to go under the bridge but that’s a big haul for one player who has always had rumours around him that he wants to stay in SA.

I’m not sure the Crows would give up Rachelle for JHF now, let alone another couple of first rounders as well.

North must move heaven and earth to ensure he stays.

If Noble is a part of the reason why JHF is not resigning and considering his options North either a) need to sack Noble and get Clarkson (assuming Clarkson wants to coach North) or b) tell JHF to suck it up or leave.

He will very likely stay, Sam Edmund has had a shocking track record in the last couple of years with regards to rumours.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if someone at North leaked the story to the media to lay the groundwork in the inevitable sacking if David Noble, whom I believe will be fired around the bye break.

There was similar rumours about Gibbs in his first season at Carlton too.

Absolutely wouldn't be worried or stress out if I was a North fan, as I say, Edmund is reaching Tom Browne levels of credible reporting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide must have a big war chest ready to pounce.

His step father played for Port (The one he obviously cares about as he added the Francis last year) and he's spent time at the club in his draft year. Port would likely be his destination if he was coming home.

or

We had to give the crows pick 19. It wasn't 3 picks by itself.

It is only bad if he leaves for poor compo or he stays and turns into a McGrath. That is the only way turning the Crows down can be viewed as bad.

His step father played for Port (The one he obviously cares about as he added the Francis last year) and he's spent time at the club in his draft year. Port would likely be his destination if he was coming home.
that is what most of us at Adelaide think too. However as an aside from that, I don't think it reflects well on Horne Francis if he tries to get out of North after 1 year no matter what club he would want to go to and that includes Adelaide. He should stay at a minimum for his initial contract regardless

that is what most of us at Adelaide think too. However as an aside from that, I don't think it reflects well on Horne Francis if he tries to get out of North after 1 year no matter what club he would want to go to and that includes Adelaide. He should stay at a minimum for his initial contract regardless
North get best value trading him this season.

North get best value trading him this season.
that is only part of it though. What does it say to the supporter base and the playing group that a guy they invested the no 1 pick on and laid the groundwork for and feted wants out after 1 season. Yes they could command a kings ransom but the collateral damage it would cause would be vast. I would hold him at all costs and try to help him come around to staying longer term if I was north. I simply would not consider any trade at all this year

I tend to agree. Was absolute trash that Tom Boyd wanted out after about 6 games. It probably makes life a bit easier for Port, we can push some of our picks into next year if he gives us the nod early.

I tend to agree. Was absolute trash that Tom Boyd wanted out after about 6 games. It probably makes life a bit easier for Port, we can push some of our picks into next year if he gives us the nod early.
oh absolutely. If he does ask to go to you guys, you pay whatever it costs in money and draft picks as he has the potential to become one of your best players in recent history and a guy you build a midfield around

Remove this Banner Ad

Back