Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Will Jason Horne-Francis still be at the Kangas in season 2024...

Surely now it's of great concern that he's put contract talks on hold after earlier seeming really keen and talking up the club positively?

Maybe the coach has lost the players if performances are an indicator so perhaps a change there might help?

Last edited:
The moderators of this board take a very dim view of trolls and those who create or continue a thread derail, especially during our busy period during the off-season. It is much appreciated if you can use the report button if you spot any problems, DO NOT REPLY.

Thread bans are on the table for those who lack the self-discipline. If you are unsure of what a civilised discussion looks like, please review the forum terms of service and the DT&FA board rules.

Other threads for related topics include:

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Worth noting that his manager is Ben Williams who also manages Logan McDonald and he only extended this March. There's no rush at all but of course it's flavour of the month for the vultures to circle Arden St.

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
This was always the concern with JHF.

North need to do everything they can to keep him.

But if they can’t, they will need to extract everything they can out of Adelaide or Port if he wants to go home.

I’m not sure they will be offering the same collateral as Adelaide and Richmond did last year though.

TakingThePies

Club Legend
Jul 11, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Apparently a four year extension with around 750k year base but with incentives, sponsor rewards ect that could have him earning well more than that on the table weeks ago.

Now this... ohh he's gonski.

North need to geta bidding war from Port/Crows

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Apparently a four year extension with around 750k year base but with incentives, sponsor rewards ect that could have him earning well more than that on the table weeks ago.

I know for an absolute fact that this is complete garbage.

Sounds made up.

There was a long term deal on the table with major money and a month ago it was all basically sealed...

Now this... Yeah nah he's gone after next year.
How do you know this?

IF it is true and he has put all talks on hold I think it is 100% he is gone. But who knows what the truth is.

Devastating for North if he does leave and he has only been at the club a matter of months and may already want out….. That is just ****ed.

chunkylover53

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2008
From Where You'd Rather Be
AFL Club
Carlton
Worth noting that his manager is Ben Williams who also manages Logan McDonald and he only extended this March. There's no rush at all but of course it's flavour of the month for the vultures to circle Arden St.

Play the victim and downplay it all you want but I don't really think this is a "nothing to see here" situation.

He's been noticeably frustrated on field, it's come out that Noble has had to apologize to players for the way he's spoken to them, you're getting pantsed every week and now he's put off contract talks.

Not saying he will leave, but I would hope your club are taking it more seriously than just calling it a media attack - which I'm sure they are.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Play the victim and downplay it all you want but I don't really think this is a "nothing to see here" situation.

He's been noticeably frustrated on field, it's come out that Noble has had to apologize to players for the way he's spoken to them, you're getting pantsed every week and now he's put off contract talks.

Not saying he will leave, but I would hope your club are taking it more seriously than just calling it a media attack - which I'm sure they are.

Yes, I'm happy to downplay it. It's not playing the victim, North have been a top story the last couple of days. Players push contract talks off all the time and this management group has history. It would also be very shortsighted to assume the club isn't treating it with due diligence. I'm just not going to meltdown like some others from a timed media article and I'm also not going to jump into the "he's 100% gone" certainty some are already running with.

Wasn't he a North supporter growing up? Sounds like the issue is with Noble not getting a tune out of the list and the players not trying in protest.

Oct 10, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes, I'm happy to downplay it. It's not playing the victim, North have been a top story the last couple of days. Players push contract talks off all the time and this management group has history. It would also be very shortsighted to assume the club isn't treating it with due diligence. I'm just not going to meltdown like some others from a timed media article and I'm also not going to jump into the "he's 100% gone" certainty some are already running with.
This would be more fun if you were far less reasoned in your thinking.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Back