Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

FourthTimeAround

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2022
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Shinboner indeed.
Screenshot_20221024-170548_Chrome.jpg

FourthTimeAround

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2022
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You ******* dog . Get our colours off!
Gutless little whimp wearing the training gear he was too s**t scared to return and face anyone at the club.
You are a disgrace JHF pure and simple .
dont worry, your anger will dissolve into acceptance in the not too distant future, just hang in there.

Don’t worry your hard on for getting him will dissolve into a limp once the realization you got a lemon kicks in there..
A 'lemon'. Lol. Just because your loser club crashed the Ferrari into a tree doesn't mean that we won't know how to drive it.

nelroo

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
R
A 'lemon'. Lol. Just because your loser club crashed the Ferrari into a tree doesn't mean that we won't know how to drive
A 'lemon'. Lol. Just because your loser club crashed the Ferrari into a tree doesn't mean that we won't know how to drive it.
Righto lol

Good luck with that pea heart mummas boy.

Getting rid of that cancer was an “elite “ outcome.

FourthTimeAround

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2022
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
R

Righto lol

Yep. i look forward to you rationalising how using your traded draft pick this year on a player who wouldn’t even try one year, but just wouldn’t go, is different.

or maybe just stop beating up of young footballers from behind your keyboard?

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
R

Righto lol

9 wins in three years, back to back wooden spoons.

‪15/17 games JHF played in were lost by an average of almost 10 goals and you think the most talented player you’ve drafted since Carey is the problem.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

9 wins in three years, back to back wooden spoons.

‪15/17 games JHF played in were lost by an average of almost 10 goals and you think the most talented player you’ve drafted since Carey is the problem.

Will he improve you?

I mean it’s a big risk for a kid who has shown nothing other than beating up a league which even Graham Cornes can do well in.

Please.

McKernan shits all over him.

Rising star, and Brownlow and MVP, premiership player and should have been Norm Smith in 1996… will Jason have that sort of resume by 21?

Haha please get your hand off it.

He’s also behind LDU in terms of talent.

PortVic

Team Captain
Aug 30, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Will he improve you?

I mean it’s a big risk for a kid who has shown nothing other than beating up a league which even Graham Cornes can do well in.

Please.

Rising star, and Brownlow and MVP, premiership player and should have been Norm Smith in 1996… will Jason have that sort of resume by 21?

What position is Mckernan playing for you guys next year?🤣

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What position is Mckernan playing for you guys next year?🤣

He has twice as many premierships as your entire club haha

When do you think #2 will come for you blokes? You have had multiple cracks at home prelims but nothing.

I don’t actually see what you are building, I see a club that is confused and did this to appease the supporters as opposed to a grandiose plan of being Top 4 with a chance at a flag.

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Will he improve you?

Please.

Na...

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And LOL at all the PA supporters, most of you live in Commission Flats.

In Port Adelaide.

We may not have fans, but our letterboxes are worth more than your houses!!!

Peasants the lot of you, Cept Dickie. Good on him, I like seeing this.

Umm yeah.

Nobody but you blokes are taking Jason over LDU.

Please.

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He has twice as many premierships as your entire club haha

When do you think #2 will come for you blokes? You have had multiple cracks at home prelims but nothing.

I don’t actually see what you are building, I see a club that is confused and did this to appease the supporters as opposed to a grandiose plan of being Top 4 with a chance at a flag.

i have more faith in our under 25s than winning a flag right now. Im glad we went with another highly talented youngster than trying to top up.
Our list of 25s and under is very solid

Adz2332

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

In Port Adelaide.

Umm yeah.

Please.

A guy who has had 5 preseasons and 5 years on a list vs a 19 year old whos had 1 in a rabble.
Gee what a shock hes slightly ahead....

im pretty comfortable arguing how my clubs going when the alternative is North

I reckon my shoes are worth more than most of your cars lol
You should spend some of your amazing amounts of money on a Psychologist to help you get over a 19 year old kid who didnt want to play at your rabble of a club.

PortVic

Team Captain
Aug 30, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

In Port Adelaide.

Umm yeah.

Please.
For all the Adelaide residents who haven’t had the pleasure of visiting Arden St, it is surrounded by commission TOWERS! On a Friday just down the road from Norths spiritual home you can barely drive down the road, due to every taxi driver in Melbourne pulling up in the middle of the road to visit the mosque. Most people that live in North Melbourne don’t give a s**t about footy. Most North supporters live in Broadmeadows area (old recruiting area) North are probably most popular team in that area along with Galatasaray the Turkish soccer team.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
For all the Adelaide residents who haven’t had the pleasure of visiting Arden St, it is surrounded by commission TOWERS! On a Friday just down the road from Norths spiritual home you can barely drive down the road, due to every taxi driver in Melbourne pulling up in the middle of the road to visit the mosque. Most people that live in North Melbourne don’t give a s**t about footy. Most North supporters live in Broadmeadows area (old recruiting area) North are probably most popular team in that area along with Galatasaray the Turkish soccer team.

I am pretty sure most people who live in Broady are Essendon fans (worked at that dump for quite some time)

And it's a statistical fact there are more Carlton fans living in Essendon than Bombers fans.

I used to live part time in North Melbourne with my Dad (whom was a deadbeat whom I haven't seen in 35 years), this was in the early 80s, and I clearly recall that suburb had a big Kangas fanbase back then, but as North moved away from Arden St and I assume their old time Shinboner fans passed away and that town got a lot more immigrants/new Aussies move in (as you say), obviously the NMFC supporter base in that suburb/region eroded massively.

I would hazard a guess North Melbourne lost a lot more of their natural and organic supporter base once they stopped playing games at their original/spiritual home than any other Victorian Club, which is a real shame.

Still filthy my Dad never took me to a game at Arden St, would have loved to gone to one, especially when they had the Elephants roaming around in pre game and half time entertainment.

Always had a soft sport for the Kangas for those early childhood memories, hindsight is always 20/20, but if they kept playing games at Arden St for 10 or even just 5 more years, I think they still would have managed to have a solid/rather big supporter base there (case in point last game at Western/Whitten Oval was in 1997, and the suburb of Footscray still has a large and passionate Bulldogs identity and fanbase)

But that's just my recollection and or impression anyway

Back