Traded Jason Horne-Francis [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Are GWS looking to use picks 3, 12, 15, 18 and 19 purely for the draft? Or do they want to get some players in via trade?

Maybe we could upgrade pick 33 or 43 for one those later picks and offer up Byrne-Jones or Bonner?

We genuinely need to trade away a player for 2nd round. Can't see it happening another way.

Hayes, Drew, Bonner, DBJ, Farrell. DBJ with most value in that lot perhaps as an All-Australian and club BnF although he was off it best this year. I know he just resigned but yeah either him or Drew

In all seriousness North have actually done fine out of this deal. So have West Coast. GWS showed up, bent over and handed over the lube to make it work for everyone else, and I salute them for it.
Yeah I think north have done well. What more can you hope for to get for a player that wants out than a similar pick + a future 1st on top. That’s a good deal.

Also west coast, despite people knocking them to get out of pick 2 and the private school vic boys and into hewett territory , whose not far behind, if at all those vic boys plus get another pick. That’s good for them.

Ports given up a lot, but the fact we get future 2nds and 3rds back helps a lot,

In the end rozee butters jhf Bergman sinn to look forward too in our midfield.

I really rate that group of players as a future midfield. High end young talent there.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
This was popular last night with the trick or treaters.

Attachments

• B61F7D2B-D813-4576-B747-AE4EE67C289C.png
    B61F7D2B-D813-4576-B747-AE4EE67C289C.png
    539.5 KB · Views: 43

PrinceCharles

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
What are you confused about? I played wants to return home and we tried to maximise our return.
Just seems like you lost a lot of value. Why not do the GWS deal independent of the other clubs? They didn't really contribute anything. Slide down to 3, get pick 12 and F2 in return. Then deal out JHF for minimum 2 and F1, or 8, F1, F2 & F3, then package up 2 of the F2s for another first this year.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Just seems like you lost a lot of value. Why not do the GWS deal independent of the other clubs? They didn't really contribute anything. Slide down to 3, get pick 12 and F2 in return. Then deal out JHF for minimum 2 and F1, or 8, F1, F2 & F3, then package up 2 of the F2s for another first this year.
Now I’m confused

PrinceCharles

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Now I’m confused
GWS

Trade out: Picks 3, 12, 2023 second-round pick (tied to Collingwood)

Trade in: Pick 1, 53, 57

North only received Pick 3 from this. The 2 picks in the 50's are nothing picks, so it seems like lost value here since all GWS was after was Pick 1.

2 games in and that’s JHF.

Good when winning - gives up when losing. That’s 100% attitude and nothing has changed since changing clubs.

Port will win a lot more games than we did last year - but if they have a really bad year things will get very interesting.

Bizarre comment given just one week ago he was massive in the 3rd quarter against Brisbane and was instrumental in Port turning things around in that game.

You're 2-0. Enjoy it. There's just no need for you still to be crying over this one.

2 games in and that’s JHF.

Good when winning - gives up when losing. That’s 100% attitude and nothing has changed since changing clubs.

Port will win a lot more games than we did last year - but if they have a really bad year things will get very interesting.

He'll just want a sea change and go to the Crows next :p

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bizarre comment given just one week ago he was massive in the 3rd quarter against Brisbane and was instrumental in Port turning things around in that game.

You're 2-0. Enjoy it. There's just no need for you still to be crying over this one.

Superstar in the making. Understandable that North fans would still be salty

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks

Bizarre? Have you seen the footage of him giving up on chasing and not trying? Port wasn't getting smashed last week.

As for crying - I for 1 am very happy how this has turned out. Lay down Sally has more to give than JHF when things get really tough.

Foxman98

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
19 year old is only passable in 12 goal belting by the premiership favourites. Spud delist.
Passable? Mate he was putrid. Gave away 6 frees didn't chase gave up multiple times and looked lazy whilst only having 15 disposals and the vast majority of those were uncontested

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
1 thread from North fans trying to bag him wasn’t enough so felt the need to jump back in here as well?

Get over yourselves. He just went from BOG in round 1 to an average game round 2 (where the whole team was woeful).

Not everyone has to dominate week in week out as a rookie. Focus on your own players and get over it already.

He’s hardly had a pre season and still developing. He’s going perfectly fine.

Foxman98

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
1 thread from North fans trying to bag him wasn’t enough so felt the need to jump back in here as well?

Get over yourselves. He just went from BOG in round 1 to an average game round 2 (where the whole team was woeful).

Not everyone has to dominate week in week out as a rookie. Focus on your own players and get over it already.

He was BOG r1 100% but again he was not average he was dreadful on the weekend

Feb 17, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He was BOG r1 100% but again he was not average he was dreadful on the weekend

Our whole team was dreadful.

It’s unfair to put the blame on a young kid but everyone else in the side gets a free pass? How about they are the ones that get the heat and a young developing player gets a bit more leeway.

Not seeing any old threads being brought up on Duursma, Butters, Rozee, Lycett, Wines etc who were all poor as well. Instead no, let’s just gang pile onto a 19 yr old and forget how pathetic anyone else was.

Foxman98

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

It’s unfair to put the blame on a young kid but everyone else in the side gets a free pass? How about they are the ones that get the heat and a young developing player gets a bit more leeway.

Not seeing any old threads being brought up on Duursma, Butters, Rozee, Lycett, Wines etc who were all poor as well. Instead no, let’s just gang pile onto a 19 yr old and forget how pathetic anyone else was.
Correct your whole team was dreadful I am not trying to blame the kid at all just saying calling it an average game is a laugh when he had 11 uncontested possessions gave away 6 frees and was lazy and gave up on a lot of pressure opportunities.

SammyRoo

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

The walking/giving up the chase etc. was happening during his time at North

And continues now at another Club. Consistency at effort clearly needs a lot of work.

EXCUSES OF - missing home, crap north Melb environment, ice bath, injuries etc etc etc …. cannot be any possible excuse anymore.

Interesting ti see how Hinkley deals with it.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks

I haven't seen footage of them giving up. Which players stopped chasing that you listed above?

He can have a bad game - but at a minimum you have to try.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Fair response given the pile on the club copped the week before after a single performance I would have thought.

I mean, your biggest cheer leader in the media dressed up in blonde mullet, full kit and opened laughing, "North Melbourne, what the hell were they thinking trading this bloke, they've traded the next Nathan Buckley...." on a National TV show.

You reap what you sow sometimes.

A lot of this pressure is self inflicted by Port and their supporters trying to lay the boot in and get one over North tbh.

Probably not helped by pisstake jabs at North/West Coast "Product of your environment" posts during the week from Rioli/JHF on social media either....

Last edited:

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Fair response given the pile on the club copped the week before after a single performance I would have thought.

I mean, your biggest cheer leader in the media dressed up in blonde mullet, full kit and opened laughing, "North Melbourne, what the hell were they thinking trading this bloke...."

You reap what you sow sometimes.
Pretty much this, if you're not prepared to accept criticism when he plays poorly, you should probably cool your jets when he plays well.

Back