Recommitted Jason Johannisen [Signed until 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

According to Mitch Cleary, JJ has put off contract talks with the club to explore free agency.

Any takers? He might want to move back out west, with Eagles set for a rebuild, could Freo use him?
Pretty sure he’s very settled in Melbourne. I don’t think he’s ever really expressed an interest in moving back to WA. He’s obviously testing the market as I doubt the Dogs will be offering much.

According to Mitch Cleary, JJ has put off contract talks with the club to explore free agency.

Any takers? He might want to move back out west, with Eagles set for a rebuild, could Freo use him?
He's 30 by next year and has been fairly average at best since 2017 don't think there will be much of a market for him personally

He has business interests in Melbourne so it's say he's set to stay in Vic.
Reading been the lines, we've low-balled him and he's gettable to a bigger offer

JJ has been overpaid and underperforming since 2017, he started to improve as a small forward last year and we really missed him for half this season so I'd prefer to keep but I'd also be comfortable with moving him on to another club that needs some experience.

No bad blood if gets a bigger deal elsewhere (this has Gold Coast 3 years written all over it).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JJ probably told his management to look for offers with other clubs to help get a better deal. There probably wont be many asking for him. More likely to stay if nothing comes of it.

This has Mitch Wallis vibes. Tested free agency. Nobody was keen. Signed on a few weeks later.

The only team I can see asking is Essendon and that’s only because it’s an Essendon thing to do.

Would be such a St Kilda thing to do if they offered him a 4 year deal too.

No bad blood if gets a bigger deal elsewhere (this has Gold Coast 3 years written all over it).
We have talked about a rebounding midfielder to fill the Weller / buderick / Powell hole.

3 years would be ridiculous but could see us offering 2 if no other better option comes up for us

We have talked about a rebounding midfielder to fill the Weller / buderick / Powell hole.

3 years would be ridiculous but could see us offering 2 if no other better option comes up for us
Problem for JJ is when Weller gets back to senior footy, is JJ still in the side?

JJ at this stage of his career is a serviceable forward who’s still got impressive wheels. He’ll probably be pushed out of our 22 with West’s emergence, so if another team will play and pay him, I’d thank him for his service and not be too upset.

Would likely be back up.
I guess he wasn't in your side this year in any case?
He's played some pretty good footy as a high half forward. Not sure where his preferred position is now though

He's played some pretty good footy as a high half forward. Not sure where his preferred position is now though
Not the VFL I would say.
Can imagine he would play half back or half forward if he could get a regular AFL game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back