Wooljay

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2009
Omicron Persei 8
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal
Derek has got a few right, but got plenty wrong. Its a tough caper, but these guys make or break their reputation on who they do and dont pick.

His best moments have obviously been Pendles, Beams, Reid, Thomas (early pick), Grundy (no brainer), Goldsack and lesser knowns like Phillips & Smith... but here is a list of some of the talent he has missed on...

Took Ryan Cook and Danny Stanley... ahead of Andrew Swallow, Bernie Vince and Sam Gilbert
Took Nathan Brown... ahead of Jack Riewoldt & James Frawley
Took Chris Dawes... ahead of Goldstein & Tippett
Took Brad Dick... ahead of Robbie Gray (ouch)
Cameron Wood... instead of Robbie Tarrant, Alex Rance or Harry Taylor
J Mac (RIP)... ahead of Jack Steven & Easton Wood
Toby Thoolen... ahead of Cale Hooker (wow)
Daniel Farmer... ahead of Jarryd Lyons, Paul Puopolo and Claye Beams (why?)
Jarrad Blight & Luke Rounds... ahead of Michael Walters
Jackson Paine… ahead of Lachie Neale & Tory Dickson
Shaz and Nathan Freeman ahead of Patrick Cripps & Zach Merrett
Those 3 I physically winced at.

Howezat

Senior List
Jun 13, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ramsay instead of Stewart.
De Goey instead of Wright.

Glad we don't need any keys Derek or Jason or whoever left this list without a working spine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saintly Viewed

bear time
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ramsay instead of Stewart.
De Goey instead of Wright.

Glad we don't need any keys Derek or Jason or whoever left this list without a working spine.
But if the trend of the game is more mobile and a bit smaller what does that do for Wright? More rucking?

Besides I'm still glad we took De Goey he is quite special in ny view

Howezat

Senior List
Jun 13, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
But if the trend of the game is more mobile and a bit smaller what does that do for Wright? More rucking?

Besides I'm still glad we took De Goey he is quite special in ny view
De Goey might still go our way, every now and then he turns on the afterburners and makes you wonder how good he can be, but even in the modern game and even though he isn't in great form a 200cm forward won the flag for the Dogs last year. If you were sure Moore could become that player you'd target the smaller type key (Gunston/Cameron) to partner with him but I get nervous everytime he goes into the ruck. If we had 2 Metre Peter I'd just be nervous for the opposition ruckman.

Top Bottom