Past Jason Tutt

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to Carlton :thumbsu:

Tutt officially a Blue

“I think that Mick (Malthouse), Andy McKay and the recruiting staff put forward their case and I looked at the Carlton Football Club as a place where I could get better. Everything I need to improve my football is right here and it’s tangible. It’s just a really great environment in which to learn and it’s a good fit for me in moving forward with my footy.”

“To play at a club like Carlton in terms of its history and prestige will be a great honour and something I’m looking forward to doing”.

Tutt officially a Blue

It's fair to say that Tutt hasn't come on as expected thus far but has plenty of talent and time on his side to turn that around.

No doubt he'll be provided with plenty of opportunity to make good of his second chance at an AFL career. Plays in a position in which we not so long ago had plenty of competition. Now? Not so much.

JasonTuttArticle_620X370.jpg

Tutt loving life at Visy Park

With a long pre-season ahead of him, the new blue set himself a few goals in the lead up to Round 1.

"The focus for me is the NAB Challenge first, just to play a couple of games would be great," said Tutt.

"Obviously to work hard here and earn the respect of the players, coaches and everyone around the footy club would be great."

Tutt loving life at Visy Park

Jason has come to the club at a good time for him with Betts and Garlett no longer with us.

What was not so long ago a real strength of ours has all of a sudden become a position where we don't have many options available to us.

Preseason will reveal all but my guess at this stage is that the forward pocket role in the senior side is his to lose.

It'll be nice to have a small forward who is capable of playing as a high half forward. As good as Eddie and Jeff were at their best, neither were capable of pushing up the ground for any significant period of time which hindered our rotations, whereas I can certainly see Tutt pushing up onto a wing.

reg_lower91

Premiership Player
May 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Watsonia F.C.
Can anyone offer any info on how Tutty has been going this pre-season? Hearing a lot about all the other recruits but very little about Jase...

Can anyone offer any info on how Tutty has been going this pre-season? Hearing a lot about all the other recruits but very little about Jase...

Good question and unfortunately I won't be able to offer a lot just yet.

There was one session though where his kicking into the forward 50 really showed up and on just about every occasion he spotted up...guess who?.....Jones.

Looks to be a very tidy player with a good kick but given the amount of vision we've been afforded this year to date, it's all just a little too early.

Carlton Watch: Practice Match 3

Jason Tutt (21 disposals, four marks, one goal)

"Tutt ended up with 21 touches, which was really good. He kicked a goal and played as a forward and up on the wing. I thought he did some really good things."

Carlton Watch: Practice Match 3

I was surprised Jason didn't feature against Richmond as I thought his ability to run and carry the ball, as well as his ability to apply pressure on the opposition, may have been useful on Thursday night.

Fromall reports he played quite well at VFL level and IMO he'd have to be the front runner to replace Daisy in the senior side this week against West Coast.

Got a bit of the ball on the weekend, hopefully he can keep it going

Thought he was very reasonable on the weekend. Certainly one of our best on the day, but granted that is not saying much.

Has talent and should be persisted with. Not sure he's suited to starting as sub, prefer him out on the ground from the first bounce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed, there are certainly worse players around and he gives it a red hot crack.

Just needs to really tidy up his disposal and decision making.

The risk is he might always be one of those players you hope would improve but don't.

But then again, you see Tom Bell nailing field kicks on his non-preferred these days, which I thought I'd never see, so it can be done.

Dec 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I like him.

Unfortunately a lit of supporters have decided to make him their personal whipping boy once things went to s**t. (Likely the abuse Jones was going to cop so by association.)

That or he is the replacement for the void after Russell left.

Bumping threads that had fallen to page 3. Having multiple past player threads ahead of them doesn't feel right. We intend to transfer these threads to the main Carlton board periodically to pad them out a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back