Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is Corey?

041215_WagnerLarge.jpg

Declan.............kicks it to Jasper.....................who handballs to Corey............he passes to Jy........

Whatever happened to people giving their sons actual men's names?

Allan Killigrew would be rolling in his grave.
McKernan is about the only ex Roo with a social media account and some loyalty these days though.

Getting a bit tired of these rumours and discussion about players we might or might not get. The real story is about the current list and how well they are going - we need to leave room for the growing salaries that Wood, Garner, Brown, Turner, Dumont, M. Williams, MacDonald, Preuss, Vickers-Willis, Simpkin and Hrovat will all command in the next few years. Pittard's no superstar, so 'meh' and stop throwing money around unnecessarily.

Getting a bit tired of these rumours and discussion about players we might or might not get. The real story is about the current list and how well they are going - we need to leave room for the growing salaries that Wood, Garner, Brown, Turner, Dumont, M. Williams, MacDonald, Preuss, Vickers-Willis, Simpkin and Hrovat will all command in the next few years. Pittard's no superstar, so 'meh' and stop throwing money around unnecessarily.
Good post - i think the follow on impact to our current list is being forgotten with all these offers being made (assuming the media stories are true).

Yes - make big offers to star players like Kelly and Martin but I don't think its wise to be offering big dollars to half back flankers from other clubs - especially when the reported offer(s) involve more dollars than half our current best 22 is on.

This is a recipe for list management disaster 2-3 years down the track.

I agree, but my understanding is that we have been under the salary cap for so long; I'm guessing, with the departure of so many last year, that we'd easily be one million under the salary cap this year. I'm guessing now, but I'd think that we have front loaded many of our contracts. This would, in effect, be banking money to pay future salaries.

If this is correct, we have the rare luxury of being able to substantially front-end both Martin's and Kelly's contracts, allowing us to get both players and still have space to reward own own home grown stars.

Not sure we need Half back flankers. What we need are midfielders. It is the weakness on our list. :stern look

The bloke can run & carry and that fits our needs criteria.

He seems to tick all the right boxes.

Courage: tick
Physically sound: tick
Physically mature: tick
Speed: tick
Decent foot skills: tick

I'll trust the club with this one, especially seeing they have a good recent record of improving our experienced recruits.

Lol. Too many wines, and I was flaberbasted you left out Marley and Dustin out of your chain of crap names.
Reminded me of this when you posted it.

Sorry Goldy. But he is right, soft. :stern look

Surprised at the response. I actually really rate Pittard and fills a need. 600k slightly overs but to get a player to move you need to offer more.

Better than Mullet, Atley and MacMillan comfortably and would make us a better side. Doubt we'll get him but I'd be happy if we did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised at the response. I actually really rate Pittard and fills a need. 600k slightly overs but to get a player to move you need to offer more.

Better than Mullet, Atley and MacMillan comfortably and would make us a better side. Doubt we'll get him but I'd be happy if we did.

I agree with you completely on this one, however I think part of the reaction is based on bigger fish to fry. Once the truth becomes clearer on blokes like Kelly and Dusty I imagine this sort of move looks like a smart one if still attainable.

Is this the part where we all say that we don't like him and he's not worth it... Until the rumours are he agrees to come to Nth...Then people think he ain't too bad... Then he moves over, has a few good games in the JLT... Then we all talk about how great he is, how we did well in the trade and what a bargain he is?
Repeat - Waite, Williams etc.
Well that's pretty much exactly how I dealt with the news that we were interested in Higgins, so I am more than happy to continue the strategy here.

I'm pretty sure I read on the FOX Sports News ticker that "North Melbourne categorically deny making a multi million dollar offer to Port Adelaide's Jasper Pittard" late last night, or was I imagining it?

No Bull?

He probably playing a slightly more advanced role than Mullett and is a better physical unit. I think that he is a better player too but not that much based upon Fish's year to date.
What would Fishy be asking for in his contract? He's OOC at the end of the year and, at the start of the year I had him as a potential delisting. Given the generally favourable comparisons to a player alleged to be at $600K, it'd be interesting.

Could there be some comparisons with Levi, in terms of a value based on most recent years performances, versus overall performance.

I like the "in RFA, out Atley for picks" scenario.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back