News Jasper Pittard traded to North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a cluster* that was. I can forgive the club for poor drafting for second and later round picks, as we were in the SNAFL death spiral and didn't have the resources to identify talent. First round picks though, the info was there. The Butcher pick was fine, he was a highly rated KPF and if we'd had an even semi-decent fitness staff I think he would have been ok (not great, but a journeyman career). Jasper and Moore were reaches, one of those picks 100% every day of the week should have been another KPP. Resourced football department or not, that was and still ******* idiotic drafting.

Jasper wasn't as bad as people make out. In isolation, it's not really a bust.

Butcher was a bust but it wasn't a talent thing or a fitness thing... it was a mind thing. Personally, I'm glad he came through our club. I have find memories of the Butch

Moore was perplexing. By all measures he should have been a good player for us. Seemed to be too timid to be a professional footballer. This is something we should pick up in pre draft interviews. I definitely call this one a bust.

Last edited:

Butcher was a bust but it wasn't a talent thing or a fitness thing... it was a mind thing. Personally, I'm glad he came through our club. I have find memories of the Butch

Moore was perplexing. By all measures he should have been a good player for us. Seemed to be too timid to be a professional footballer. This should be something we can pick up in pre draft interviews. I definitely call this one a bust.
The problem was a complete lack of strategy about how to fit these players into the side.

Butcher was only ever good as THE full forward yet we had Schulz who was tje same but better.

Moore was decent as an outside accumulator but never actually played that role.

Pittard was a good half back but didn’t fill any real need.

The fact is trading in 9 and 16 while losing what ended up being Carlisle at 24 was a disaster.

Looking at the picks ahead of ours it was a pretty horrible draft for a few clubs, but we actively brought in the picks to get those players which is insane.

We almost tried to turn 8 and 9 into Jack Trengove who under our garbage fitness regime probably would have ended up worse off, but who knows maybe he would’ve been a star here...

We HAD to get a decent player out of that trade and we got Jay Nash.

"Nah, I ain't paying you $500k. Port Adelaide is paying half of your salary. That's what Port Adelaide thinks of you. They are paying you $250k to play against them."

As soon as Pittard subbed himself off in a game instead of running it out and possibly injuring a hamstring, it was clear that he valued his position in the team over the team's position.

Moore was perplexing. By all measures he should have been a good player for us. Seemed to be too timid to be a professional footballer. This is something we should pick up in pre draft interviews. I definitely call this one a bust.
Andrew Moore lol, my lad still blames him for our prelim loss to Hawthorn, he says Moore should have centered the ball for Westhoff.

In isolation yes but we kicked poorly for goal in that game.
I felt so foolish when we delisted him, I kept telling the lad, don't worry Moore is going to be a good player.
View attachment 573571

I was the same. Physically he was such a big, fit, lad. Seemed to be a decent bloke, but as I said, perhaps too much on the timid side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back