Recommitted Jasper Pittard

Remove this Banner Ad

I shoulda known better. Think it's more endemic of our club at the moment that we have ignored half a dozen worse performed guys in the side , and 2 of the guys we are bringing ins last afl performances were miles worse than an average pittard but anyway. Some confusion about whether they are dropping or resting pittard at the moment as Hinkley has already said he expects he is coming back into the side to face Collingwood.
That is a pretty ridiculous mixed messsgebto be sending out in my opinion.

I shoulda known better. Think it's more endemic of our club at the moment that we have ignored half a dozen worse performed guys in the side , and 2 of the guys we are bringing ins last afl performances were miles worse than an average pittard but anyway. Some confusion about whether they are dropping or resting pittard at the moment as Hinkley has already said he expects he is coming back into the side to face Collingwood.
I doubt you'd be resting a bloke who had a bye 3 weeks ago.

He consistently makes poor decisions. Case in point, Dixon copped the blame for the Geelong loss, but I'd say that Pittard's holding the ball at centre half back a few seconds later was far more pivotal. He got caught like a deer in the headlights, was tackled, dropped the ball and from there Geelong rebounded the ball into their forward line. His much praised kicking is still embarrassing, he gets outbodied far too often and offers nothing outside of the flanks (where as Tuohy, Guthrie and Bews are far more flexible) and although he has improved over the past three seasons, he is made to look second rate by Byrne-Jones in his own team.

I tend to agree w much of this

Pittard has stated he wants to stay and was waiting for the award rates to be negged before he discussed salary. He's pretty much Hinkley's lovechild, so I'd be surprised if he left.

In saying that, its one of the positions we can fill with ease in the team. I love Pittard and think he's unfairly maligned, but if we were to obtain a first rounder for him, I wouldn't lose sleep if we lost him (assuming we couldn't fit him into the club at a fair price).

Between staying at Port Adelaide and going to North Melbourne his most likely options?
Hopefully Dodoro (loves half backs) at Essendon doesn't case him.

Between staying at Port Adelaide and going to North Melbourne his most likely options?
Hopefully Dodoro (loves half backs) at Essendon doesn't case him.
Kelly and Dusty have been a ruse for North to hide the identity of their true target, Jasper.

$8mil over 8 years is the word on the street.

Last edited:
Kelly and Dusty have been a ruse for North to hide the identity of their true target, Jasper.

$8mil over 8 years is the word on the street.

If we had $8 million spare for a generic half back flank, then i'm sure we could find $20 million for Billings.

Last edited:

Not a chance. This trade is a 100% media invention.

Williams, MacMillan, Wright, Vickers-Willis, Mountford and Hibberd would all get games ahead of him.

Williams, MacMillan, Wright, Vickers-Willis, Mountford and Hibberd would all get games ahead of him.
no but i think he is surplus to your needs
you may struggle to reach minimum salary cap if you can't land a big fish

no but i think he is surplus to your needs

Absolutely agree, so why bother with a trade at all? This scenario hasn't been backed up by the club, in a period when the club has been public about it interests in Kelly & Martin.

you may struggle to reach minimum salary cap if you can't land a big fish

This doesn't justify the recruitment of Pittard.

I assume the club would just hold on to the likes of Thompson, Gibson, Waite & Hansen on bloated one year contracts and have the same money available next year. Swallow & Thomas also come out of contract at the end of 2018, and I couldn't see them arguing with a nice bonus contract boost for their final seasons. Hypothetically, North could return with $3 million in our war chest for trades next season.

We're going to be landing a couple of big fish, this is a fact. The only remaining question is who those players are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You may not need pittard based on team profile etc, but that listed players do not play ahead of pittard. He was ******* aa a year ago ffs. Continue to over rate your own players.

Absolutely agree, so why bother with a trade at all? This scenario hasn't been backed up by the club, in a period when the club has been public about it interests in Kelly & Martin.

I assume the club would just hold on to the likes of Thompson, Gibson, Waite & Hansen on bloated one year contracts and have the same money available next year. Swallow & Thomas also come out of contract at the end of 2018, and I couldn't see them arguing with a nice bonus contract boost for their final seasons. Hypothetically, North could return with $3 million in our war chest for trades next season.

We're going to be landing a couple of big fish, this is a fact. The only remaining question is who those players are.

War chest lmao

You may not need pittard based on team profile etc, but that listed players do not play ahead of pittard. He was ******* aa a year ago ffs. Continue to over rate your own players.

If that's the case then I expect your club will re-sign him and that will be the end of the matter.

He's never been AA, please continue to overrate your player...

He's never been AA, please continue to overrate your player...

I thought I read he had been. Probably just in the squad before it gets cut then. In any cases he has been a fringe aa player for years , whose only knock is the risks he takes sometimes backfire. Having a slightly down year after an interrupted pre season. The fact every tom dick and harry thinks their team has 7 half backs better than him is laughable and shows how one eyed and ignorant they are.

Phwoar.........

I thought I read he had been. Probably just in the squad before it gets cut then. In any cases he has been a fringe aa player for years , whose only knock is the risks he takes sometimes backfire. Having a slightly down year after an interrupted pre season. The fact every tom dick and harry thinks their team has 7 half backs better than him is laughable and shows how one eyed and ignorant they are.

Fair dinkum clueless.

You'd be best checking up on the status of your own players before shitcanning other people views.

So you
Fair dinkum clueless.

You'd be best checking up on the status of your own players before shitcanning other people views.

So you believe Marley Williams is better than Pittard, just to pick one of those you named? Give us a spell.

I can't let this go just yet. Which players do you consider big fish and which 2 of them are you getting?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back