Universal Love Jasper "The Banana" Pittard Bandwagon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it would be a massive loss to our defence but given he looks one of our only AFL standard players ATM and we are getting smashed in the middle do we at some stage give him a crack there at least for a little bit?

His career trajectory reminds me of Luke Hodge ATM who was also relatively slow to find his feet at AFL level and played mostly off jalf back before becoming a real impact player in the midfield too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

At the ground Sunday, you could see that he and DBJ were the only ones who gave a *. When he turned it over in the last and they scored a goal, he was sprawled out on the ground, face down. Partly from exhaustion, partly from the disappointment that he had made an error, but mainly because he had nobody work as hard as he had to provide him an option.

I really felt sorry for him after the game. Didn't deserve to be abandoned like that.

Jasper's taken his game to another level this year. He's great to watch when in full-flight. Dodging and weaving his way through traffic, burning-off opposition players with his pace, and hitting targets with a pin-point pass. Right now he's on track to win his first John Cahill medal.

Last edited:
The pessimist in me wonders what draft pick we'll be able to get for him when he wants to leave.

No, you listen to him when he speaks and watch his actions on the field. He is PAFC.

All players in our squad should look at Pittard's development. Even when he was still learning the speed of the game and refine his skills, he still took the game on. It is only through trying that you can come out the other side as Pittard has.

Take the game on guys!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paul Roos at the draft camp in 2009 after interviewing Jasper, basically said the following including the first word - * drafting him, lets get him in as an assistant coach.

Maybe Jasper should double up as our defence assistant coach, given our defence under pressure from the s**t house midfield support is struggling so much this year.

Jasper is number 1 in the AFL for metres gained at the moment with a huge 681 average this year. His form (and DBJ's) has been a shining light in an otherwise bleak start to the year.

Has added a real maturity to his game, is underrated defensively, and is a massive weapon off the half back flank.

Working really well in tandem with DBJ too which bodes well for us moving forward.

I know many would view it as a soft stat, but it really reflects his positive intent and ball use, and ability to set up our attacks.

Jasper is number 1 in the AFL for metres gained at the moment with a huge 681 average this year. His form (and DBJ's) has been a shining light in an otherwise bleak start to the year.

Has added a real maturity to his game, is underrated defensively, and is a massive weapon off the half back flank.

Working really well in tandem with DBJ too which bodes well for us moving forward.

I know many would view it as a soft stat, but it really reflects his positive intent and ball use, and ability to set up our attacks.
Where'd you see this? Would be interesting to see how others stack up.

Where'd you see this? Would be interesting to see how others stack up.
Found it by chance on the afl app, under the players tab. They seem to have included a few more in depth stats this year for free including intercept disposals and score involvements.

Jasper is first by a reasonable way. Next is Dangerfield with an average of 635, then Brodie Smith with 629.

DBJ has a very handy 397 average too.

Found it by chance on the afl app, under the players tab. They seem to have included a few more in depth stats this year for free including intercept disposals and score involvements.

Jasper is first by a reasonable way. Next is Dangerfield with an average of 635, then Brodie Smith with 629.

Thanks mate.

Cool. It's not in the stats section but under players on the drop down at top left. Hadn't seen this.

I listen to Jasper talk, whether it's after a win, or a devastating loss, and I can tell he loves this club. I can't see him leaving.

If he did though, it would mean something is really really rotten in this club to make a player like Pittard want to leave.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back