Player Watch Jay Rantall

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Unless you are referring to equines. You are straying dangerously close to a pro pony perspective there.
No offence to your equine magnificence intended of course, I think of it as an exercise in relative potential.

In any species there are those that achieve as expected and those that surpass their genetic potential.

The Shire, although a worthy animal is cast into deep shade by the towering shadow cast by the incomparable Clydesdale.

Likewise the Llama to the Camel.

Foolish indeed though are those who equate this to smaller species such as the Mongoose or the Badger.

Both diminutive in comparison to larger predators but indomitable and deadly dangerous to those who believe size is the sole determinant.

Hong Kong Pie

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm excited to see this kid break into the side, or at least put serious serious pressure on those competing for similar spots. That is excellent for our side. A ball magnet with a big tank and hunger to succeed - sounds like just the ticket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

unplugged

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 8, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Think he will surprise a few with his JLT series wouldn't surprise me if he debuts early.
I agree. Players like Phillips aren't good kicks but are in the team because they're encouraged to play to their strengths; two-way running, link plays, creating space, keeping opposition accountable both ways, etc.

We need to judge Rantall on what he can do, not what he can't.

What's that quote about judging a fish on its ability to climb a tree...?

TradeDraft

Premium Gold
Oct 18, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
I agree. Players like Phillips aren't good kicks but are in the team because they're encouraged to play to their strengths; two-way running, link plays, creating space, keeping opposition accountable both ways, etc.

Just don't want to many of those Types though

grayza2018

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham

Great call, I'd love to see him carry these early standards on and get a debut early on!

partypie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers
Im seriously considering joining forces with the ponies just so I can watch what they do to your sorry ass.
It only takes a phone call to organise a 4-5 week trip to Europe in a nice comfy container followed by a nice tour of the Findus factory.

Watch your step fella...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom