Recommitted Jay Schulz [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

That's why you can have our third rounder. If you want to keep him, give him a competitive contract. If Port don't like it, then he can go to the PSD. If another team picks him up, then so be it.

You a contract expert now ?

On one hand you reckon your (apparent offer) is enough to scare off other clubs, some of which are looking for forwards, yet you reckon our offer isn't competitive....

Is your offer market value or over the top by the way ?

If Matthew Pavlich wanted to leave three years ago would you have said that he's not worth a second rounder?

Sure.

It must be time for all the cool rational posts to come out being almost trade time at all.

Are you comparing Schulz now to Pav three years ago?

Good grief. Not worth a response.

Schulz has an offer on the table from port. What are you talking about port blaming the player?

Schulz wants a better deal then at port. Port have another forward coming our way so are in a position where we can let him go.

We are talking about freo downgrading a pick from 37 to 47 to get a key forward so they can have a crack at a premiership before they retire a bunch of good players.

go after another key forward if you think that's too much to pay ...

So we get your third and Schulz for our second?

Maybe but gees he's 31 and his form is trending down.

I love Sarge and want him to stay at the club.

Thats said if Freo offer him a substantially better deal than we can or are willing to offer, then so be it, and I'll wish him well in his future endeavours.

He bled for our club and deserves nothing less than our admiration for his efforts during the down years (unlike a certain other individual who left in recent times...)

Why? Dixon replaces Schulz. Lobbe and Ryder swapping into a forward pocket, and Westhoff spends more time outside of forward 50 these days anyway, even attending a few centre bounces.
Put Lobbe into a centre bounce and have Dixon, Ryder, and Westhoff ready to fly up and take a long bomb inside 50? Seems pretty ideal.
I thought Port want to keep Sshoolz?

Psd lol and freo should not be in the same sentence. Brisbane, melbourne and carlton would love an experienced forward to help there youngsters for 2 yrs, all with massive salary cap space. Will be a trade or nothing.

But hope he stays.
He is the opposite age profile for those 3 clubs. He is the right age profile for premiership contenders.

Sure.

It must be time for all the cool rational posts to come out being almost trade time at all.

Are you comparing Schulz now to Pav three years ago?

Good grief. Not worth a response.

Schulz now - 2.2 goals a game
Pav 3 seasons ago - 2.1 goals a game

Schulz 1 season ago - 2.6 goals a game
Pav 4 seasons ago - 3.0 goals a game

Schulz 2 seasons ago - 2.0 goals a game
Pav 5 seasons ago - 1.0 goals a game

Schulz 3 seasons ago - 2.8 goals a game
Pav 6 seasons ago - 2.6 goals a game

They're more comparable than you think. As usual, criminal underrating of Schulz in this thread.

For a club in its premiership window which desperately, desperately needs a KPF, I don't care if he's 40, getting a player of Schulz's quality for a late second rounder would be an absolute bargain.

So the forward line is going to fit him in plus Dixon? And you'll be keeping the other talls as well, especially Lobbe? Or is the strategy factoring in Dixon getting injured?

Is this the scenario where Schulz is staying (which I don't think will happen)?

Dixon, Schulz, Westhoff 3 man forward line. Ryder/Lobbe rotate off the bench/on field for the rucks if we play both rucks.

Is this the scenario where Schulz is staying (which I don't think will happen)?

Dixon, Schulz, Westhoff 3 man forward line. Ryder/Lobbe rotate off the bench/on field for the rucks if we play both rucks.
Yes, that is what your post implied. I think your line up becomes unbalanced. Reality is Port have shown Schulz the door unless he is happy to be injury cover with a low ball contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo have been trying to lure key forwards with huge contract offers for a while now and though they have thrown their hat in the ring and actively chased players they have missed every one.

Now I'm not gonna dismiss the young talent on freos list , because they have some very good young guns , but the chance for a premiership with the current group of 22 really hinges on recruiting a key forward next year.

If freo could land a decent key forward who has kicked 110 goals in the past two seasons by downgrading pick 37 to pick 47 they should bloody well dive on it.

But even if you ignore that , if port has no use for freos third round pick , and it's obvious they don't , and they ask for pick 37 for 47 and Schulz would freo tell them to send him to the psd or third rounder or nothing?

It's hardly the deal worth making bad blood with port over.

Yes, that is what your post implied. I think your line up becomes unbalanced. Reality is Port have shown Schulz the door unless he is happy to be injury cover with a low ball contract.

This is wrong.

A) Schulz hasn't been shown the door. He has a contract in front of him. He just has a better and longer one available elsewhere .

B) how would he be injury cover? That is pretty much guesswork on your part.

C) low ball contract? What do you mean low ball contract? You don't know a single detail of the contract offer he received from port. Again that is just a guess to try to prop up your argument.

Schulz now - 2.2 goals a game
Pav 3 seasons ago - 2.1 goals a game

Schulz 1 season ago - 2.6 goals a game
Pav 4 seasons ago - 3.0 goals a game

Schulz 2 seasons ago - 2.0 goals a game
Pav 5 seasons ago - 1.0 goals a game

Schulz 3 seasons ago - 2.8 goals a game
Pav 6 seasons ago - 2.6 goals a game

They're more comparable than you think. As usual, criminal underrating of Schulz in this thread.

For a club in its premiership window which desperately, desperately needs a KPF, I don't care if he's 40, getting a player of Schulz's quality for a late second rounder would be an absolute bargain.

Sure. One of the longest serving captains in AFL/VFL history, 6 time all Australian, our captain, first ballot hall of fame when he retires but sure lets compare goals per game.

Sounds like a great comparison.

Give me one example of a similar trade with the following criteria.

Player is 31
Player is being moved on by existing club by getting another player who plays same position
Player is declining over last few years
Player is uncontracted

Show me where that has got a 2nd rounder?

Freo have been trying to lure key forwards with huge contract offers for a while now and though they have thrown their hat in the ring and actively chased players they have missed every one.

Now I'm not gonna dismiss the young talent on freos list , because they have some very good young guns , but the chance for a premiership with the current group of 22 really hinges on recruiting a key forward next year.

If freo could land a decent key forward who has kicked 110 goals in the past two seasons by downgrading pick 37 to pick 47 they should bloody well dive on it.

But even if you ignore that , if port has no use for freos third round pick , and it's obvious they don't , and they ask for pick 37 for 47 and Schulz would freo tell them to send him to the psd or third rounder or nothing?

It's hardly the deal worth making bad blood with port over.
Strange post. Clearly Fremantle has the best shot at a premiership this season, not next season.

Also, Port have effectively shown Schulz the door, and you would think that they would show the same class Geelong have with unwanted senior players and assist them to get to their next club with a bit of dignity instead of trying to profit from a champion player they have just taken the hatchet to.

Give me one example of a similar trade with the following criteria.

Player is 31
Player is being moved on by existing club by getting another player who plays same position
Player is declining over last few years
Player is uncontracted

Show me where that has got a 2nd rounder?

'Declining over the last few years' lol. How many times do I need to post that he kicked 66 goals a year ago before you read it?

To answer your question, pick 21 + 41 for Brian Lake + 27. And Lake was coming off of a significantly, significantly worse year than the year that Schulz has just had.

Strange post. Clearly Fremantle has the best shot at a premiership this season, not next season.

Also, Port have effectively shown Schulz the door, and you would think that they would show the same class Geelong have with unwanted senior players and assist them to get to their next club with a bit of dignity instead of trying to profit from a champion player they have just taken the hatchet to.

Again you say port have shown Schulz the door? I already pointed out that is wrong... Repeating it doesn't make it true..

Lol and what are you talking about dignity and hatchet ? Wtf?

You make it sound like if port asked for a ten pick upgrade from pick 47 to 37 they are spitting in Schulzs face ...

The impression I am getting from Freo supporters is that Port need/should take the late draft pick Freo would offer or else risk him for nothing.

If Port is getting Dixon, I'm sure Port prefer to let him go to the PSD rather than strengthen a finals contender for next year.

'Declining over the last few years' lol. How many times do I need to post that he kicked 66 goals a year ago before you read it?

To answer your question, pick 21 + 41 for Brian Lake + 27. And Lake was coming off of a significantly, significantly worse year than the year that Schulz has just had.

Lake was contracted. If no deal was done the Bullies keep him.

Schulz won't get get a game next year if he stays at Port.

Last edited:
Again you say port have shown Schulz the door? I already pointed out that is wrong... Repeating it doesn't make it true..

Let's play a game of yes or no.

Do you think Port is recruiting Dixon?
Will it cost Port a heap in a trade and contract amount and length to do this?
Will Dixon play forward with Lobbe and Ryder around?

So even if they haven't shown him the door even blind Freddy can see that part is clearly devaluing the role and influence Schulz would have atort at the least.

Denying this is just big footy pigheadedness. Port is saying with its actions,"We really don't need you as much any more Jay."

You can't deny this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back