Official Club Stuff Jay Schulz staying at Port - Officially announced

Remove this Banner Ad

Great stuff by the club and Jay to agree to terms. He has given his whole body as well as heart and soul since getting to the club. My first memory of Jay in the BWST was Rd 1 2010 v North at Footy Park he is leading up from the southern CHF towards the northern end about 3 minutes into the game gets into the centre square near the centre circle, gets a poor 1/4 volley pass puts his head over the ball to pick it up at full pace, is collected by a North player, gets smashed in the head and the dill in green calls play on. He comes back on with a bandage around his head.

Anyone who has watched Jarrad Waite play the last 6 weeks and in particular the last 2 finals will see what a dangerous player Jay could be if Dixon takes the best defender like Petrie does and we get either Westhoff or Butcher to do what Ben Brown has done at North. Schulz being a lead up agile type KPF rather than have to go up against the biggest guys and get crunched could end up being 25% better than he was in 2014. He has needed help like Waite needed help at Carlton. And Jay is 12 months younger than Waite.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G

... Anyone who has watched Jarrad Waite play the last 6 weeks and in particular the last 2 finals will see what a dangerous player Jay could be if Dixon takes the best defender like Petrie does and we get either Westhoff or Butcher to do what Ben Brown has done at North. Schulz being a lead up agile type KPF rather than have to go up against the biggest guys and get crunched could end up being 25% better than he was in 2014. He has needed help like Waite needed help at Carlton. And Jay is 12 months younger than Waite.

Good point and I thought exactly the same thing when I watched North against Richmond then Sydney. Schulz no longer has to play as the go to forward and he can slip under the radar a la Waite who rarely goes out of North's forward 50.

well done guys, glad the club kept him. It sends a terrible message if it is an 'out with the old, in with the new' atittude

Stoked! Well done Jay and well done Port

a0eMdc.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back