Recommitted Jayden Laverde [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

We weakened our VFL side by leaving out some of our best, most hardened VFL players, like Ballard, Beasley and Silvestro, in order to play all our AFL-listed kids. If we're picking the best team to win, we don't go in as top-heavy, those three and possibly a couple of others come in, and kids like Miller and English who had zero impact go out.

Laverde does not get a game for Richmond, not without some serious time in the VFL learning how to play from Fly McRae, teaching genius. Even then, he's not our type. He's not a small, he's not a tall. He's not a running player, he's not a marking player. He's a tweener, that's why he's a failure.

Youve exposed that you don’t watch him, he’s clearly a marking player.

He's not a good one.

Wrong. You’re showing your ignorance. He constantly takes contested marks outside his weight class despite us being one of the worst kick to advantage teams in the competition and bottom 4 for generating inside 50s.

You’re criticising the wrong aspects of his game entirely, it’s his kicking that’s questionable despite being a strength early in his career. A lot due to poor coaching and not having predictable or consistent forwards leading at him.

Last edited:

This is a funny thread when people are suggesting Laverde to Richmond

Last year we gave away a player to the doggies (#64) who played the same position as Laverde for nothing because he couldnt get a game for our AFL team
Sam Lloyd - 40 goals this year

Why would we take an inferior version

Wrong. You’re showing your ignorance. He constantly takes contested marks outside his weight class despite us being one of the worst kick to advantage teams in the competition and bottom 4 for generating inside 50s.

You’re criticising the wrong aspects of his game entirely, it’s his kicking that’s questionable despite being a strength early in his career. A lot due to poor coaching and not having predictable or consistent forwards leading at him.

Might be an idea to get rid of the coaches rather than the player then

Might be an idea to get rid of the coaches rather than the player then

You’re preaching to the choir. Never wanted Woosha, he under performed with West Coast because he relied on talent over system and we don’t have a quarter of the talent they did. Then built an uncontested brand at Adelaide which fell apart under pressure.

I’m in the Ross Lyon bandwagon as we desperately need the hardness he instills.

You’re preaching to the choir. Never wanted Woosha, he under performed with West Coast because he relied on talent over system and we don’t have a quarter of the talent they did. Then built an uncontested brand at Adelaide which fell apart under pressure.

I’m in the Ross Lyon bandwagon as we desperately need the hardness he instills.

You were going so well until you mentioned Ross the destroyer of teams Lyon

Ross Lyon has had people baffled for years and made a career out of it , Comes to a club when in a good position has a tilt and destroys it

You were going so well until you mentioned Ross the destroyer of teams Lyon

Ross Lyon has had people baffled for years and made a career out of it , Comes to a club when in a good position has a tilt and destroys it

I think he’s had lists with poor attacking instincts meaning he can never generate enough offence to balance out his defensive nous. I think we are the opposite of where Stkilda and Fremantle were when he got there. We have too much attacking instinct and it needs to be grounded in a competing first mentality.

I think he’s had lists with poor attacking instincts meaning he can never generate enough offence to balance out his defensive nous. I think we are the opposite of where Stkilda and Fremantle were when he got there. We have too much attacking instinct and it needs to be grounded in a competing first mentality.

Ross Lyon is a super defensive coach and doesnt not like attacking game plans, He will turn your team on its head and wont work imo.

Blake Caracella is your man and he is a sensational tactician

Ross Lyon is a super defensive coach and doesnt not like attacking game plans, He will turn your team on its head and wont work imo.

Blake Caracella is your man and he is a sensational tactician

I know he’s super defensive. That’s what I want, I was saying we have better attacking players than his previous teams which is why they struggled to find balance not exclusively because of his game plan.

Personally I hope we keep him he seems to be finally over his injuries and now we want to turf him?
I would trade him. He's simply a not as good version of Stringer who drifts in and out of games.

Personally I hope we keep him he seems to be finally over his injuries and now we want to turf him?

trade him while hes worth something IMO.

doesnt impact the game enough and misses way too many set shots

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think we will get much for him plenty of other players who should go before him like Long.
You're naming one bloke who is likely gone anyway. And I would say of ones that impact the main list it would be the 3 blokes who've retired, Long and Houlahan. That's not "plenty". That's a couple.

You're naming one bloke who is likely gone anyway. And I would say of ones that impact the main list it would be the 3 blokes who've retired, Long and Houlahan. That's not "plenty". That's a couple.

Baguley, Myers? Who is the other retiree on the main list?

Lavender and Dea are rookie list right?

Baguley, Myers? Who is the other retiree on the main list?

Lavender and Dea are rookie list right?
I meant Dea. The Cat A list is virtually the main list at this point anyway

Was a defender before his U18 championships according to Essendon draft guru eDPS , was he not ant555?

I would probably look to see what we can get for him.
Half back and some half forward.

Would do the trade for any pick before 55.

Anything more and it isnt worth our while trading. Don't expect any offers before 40 though in reality.

I would like him at gc.. I like Aaron Young as a similar mid fwd but laverde would be a good replacement for ah chee/martin

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app
would slide into their spots as a mobile tall-ish fwd.
May find the fwd line a little too tall/lacking pace with all of King, Wright, Day, Laverde and Sexton down there (unless you fancied sending King to us :p )

Has the tools to be a good player. I think we stamped his papers when Stringer came in.

Sexton, Ainsworth, and Rankine at their feet. Dew's shown he'll drop whoever he sees fit.. plus I would like to see more of him in the midfield.

The sentiment that Laverde is a poor man's stringer is fair but the de goeys and stringers of the competition are really finding their place imo and GC could use a player like this.

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back