Delisted Jayden Schofield (#955)

Remove this Banner Ad

2011 End of Season Review
by VitalDread

Games - 7
Goals - 0
Best and Fairest - Outside top 10

Date of Birth - 14-05-1992
Recruited- 2010 NAB AFL Draft 4th round selection (Western Bulldogs) No. 74 overall.
Height/Weight: 182cm 76kg
Dreamteam Price: -$134,000
Supercoach: - $168,000

A small defensive player that has the ability to grow into a solid tackling midfielder/half back player, playing seven games this year he showed some good form that was part of the fresh faces into the top 22 side.

From the moment Jayden walked into the field as a sub against the Crows, he was set to show what he was made of, racking up ten disposals and a impressive kick from the back line kept him in the side for another six matches through out the season in the later half and not backing down from any player regard less of how taller or tougher they are.

His most impressive match was against Port in Round 22, getting 21 disposals and being able to read the play and showing off his rebounding skills.

In 2012, Jayden will have a important year where he will need to keep his form and break into the top 22 side either as a midfielder (tagger) or a small defensive player or have a spell in the forward.

Notable Games:
Round 22 v Port 21 disposals, showing form in the back half and being able to rebound the ball and keeping players worried.

Round 23 v Hawthorn 16 kicks, 5 handballs 21 disposals, being able to keep a clam head against a strong side and break Hawthorn forward pressure and helping Bulldogs rebound.

Jayden Schofield Delisted

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/w...article/tabid/4112/newsid/126708/default.aspx

The Western Bulldogs announced today that they have made the decision to delist Jayden Schofield.

Jayden has been facing some personal matters recently with the full support of the Club.

Given the nature of these matters the Club has determined that it is in Jayden's and the Club's best interest for him to return permanently to his home state of Western Australia.

Jayden's welfare remains the Club's first priority.

The Western Bulldogs have been working closely on this matter with the AFL and the AFLPA.

The Club has sought access to the pre-season draft to ensure we have a full list for season 2012.

Jayden was pick number 74 (4th round) in the 2010 AFL National Draft - debuting last season. Jayden played seven games in total for the Bulldogs.

Re: #24 Jayden Schofield

SEN just announced he has been delisted to return to WA (family issues)

Schofield returns home

We've made the tough decision to delist Jayden Schofield today to allow him to return to WA to deal with personal matters.

With the nature of the matter, it's been decided that it's in Jayden's and the Club's best interest for him to return permanently to his home state.

We've sought access to the pre-season draft to ensure we have a full list for season 2012.

More details here: http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/w...article/tabid/4112/newsid/126708/default.aspx

Re: Jayden Schofield Delisted

yea I saw that sigh. what do we do with the extra spot on our senior list?. Looked a promising prospect.
By the sounds of it we get an extra pick in the pre-season draft

So when he decides to come back to footy another club will snap him up? Anyone know what issues he is dealing with? Why can't they just let him go home but keep him on the list?
It was family related, so could be sick family member or something.

Re: Schofield returns home

We've made the tough decision to delist Jayden Schofield today to allow him to return to WA to deal with personal matters.

With the nature of the matter, it's been decided that it's in Jayden's and the Club's best interest for him to return permanently to his home state.

We've sought access to the pre-season draft to ensure we have a full list for season 2012.

More details here: http://bit.ly/w4vN6V
Does That Mean We Receive An Extra Pick In The Pre-Season Draft As Some Sort Of Compo?

Hope its something not serious there with Schofield and that everything there is alright but do you think we should have kept him on the list for when he wants to return or is this something that probably is long term for him and that he has to be away from footy for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently, he was very home sick and didn't like melbourne, according to some family friends on some facebook pages. but not sure if 100% true.

Dissapointing news here. Hope things are ok with him and his family but was really looking forward to him coming on as one of the young guys on our list.

If that's the case then pretty weak I must say.
agreed but then again it's a lot harder for people coming from W.A to get used to life in Vic, since we barely play in W.A

Apparently, he was very home sick and didn't like melbourne, according to some family friends on some facebook pages. but not sure if 100% true.
Gotta be more than that, surely. If it was homesickness I'm sure we would have negotiated a trade with one of the WA clubs.

I am shattered by that for numerous reasons

1) Was an outside player who ran the lines we couldn't afford to lose given our recent abundance of inside mids

2) The kid had some spunk about him and had done well to play as many games as he did so early in his career

3) We get nothing for him - I.e. missed the trade period and the National draft

4) Not good news for the young fella if he has that much weight on his young shoulders to be delisted so young.

Gotta be more than that, surely. If it was homesickness I'm sure we would have negotiated a trade with one of the WA clubs.

Agree. I think there is more to this than homesickness. Maybe some personal issues in his life but the only person who knows is Jayden Schofield.

I was a big fan of this kid, could have been a very good player for us. Very sudden and sad. :thumbsdown:

Agree. I think there is more to this than homesickness. Maybe some personal issues in his life but the only person who knows is Jayden Schofield.

I'm sure more than just Jayden know about the problems that are effecting Jayden.

Like the club, and probably his family and mates and a few other people it might affect and possibly other AFL clubs who have their finger on the pulse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back