Delisted Jayden Schofield (#955)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Jayden Schofield Delisted

Very disappointing for you guys, but it has to be more than homesickness.

If he was that homesick, he wouldn't have extended his contract until 2013 in August.

My mail is he was told by the club to get a bit bigger and work on his fitness, but he didn't want to.

Thats a disgrace if true, "Can you try and work on your game to get better for next season" "NO, I dont want too..."

Thats a disgrace if true, "Can you try and work on your game to get better for next season" "NO, I dont want too..."

:confused: Just doesn't sound right to me. The kid from the very first moment showed enthusiasm, intent and desire. It was quite plain to see. I'd be very surprised if his attitude had changed so dramatically.

:confused: Just doesn't sound right to me. The kid from the very first moment showed enthusiasm, intent and desire. It was quite plain to see. I'd be very surprised if his attitude had changed so dramatically.

He's apparently not as gung-ho and confident as he appears on-field.

My mail is he was told by the club to get a bit bigger and work on his fitness, but he didn't want to.

I apologise for posting on another's team board, but that is the biggest load of crap I've seen written in an awfully long time.

Read the Bulldog's statement;
Jayden has been facing some personal matters recently with the full support of the Club.

Jayden's welfare remains the Club's first priority.

The Western Bulldogs have been working closely on this matter with the AFL and the AFLPA.

So the AFL, AFLPA & the Bulldogs have worked closely with him to address his personal matters & his welfare remains the Club's first priority.

Does that really sound as if the Bulldogs were pissed off because he didn't train hard enough?

I apologise for posting on another's team board, but that is the biggest load of crap I've seen written in an awfully long time.

Read the Bulldog's statement;

So the AFL, AFLPA & the Bulldogs have worked closely with him to address his personal matters & his welfare remains the Club's first priority.

Does that really sound as if the Bulldogs were pissed off because he didn't train hard enough?

They could just be saying that. Who knows whats happened but something doesn't add up. As Gus said he could just be over it and or he could even have 2 strikes and not wanting a 3rd. Who knows. We probably wont hear the full story

It's nothing more sinister than he didn't want to be a footballer any more.

I guess the AFL and AFLPA were involved because we wanted the AFL to OK the cap space to take someone in the PSD and the PA were there to let Schofield know what he was entitled to.

They could just be saying that. Who knows whats happened but something doesn't add up. As Gus said he could just be over it and or he could even have 2 strikes and not wanting a 3rd. Who knows. We probably wont hear the full story

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/regional/gascoyne/a/-/sport/12198516/schofield-leaves-bulldogs/

Glen (his father) said Schofield was “suffering badly from homesickness”.

(He also said) “His health is priority, that’s all we’re looking at - we’ll keep him at home and just get him better in his head and then we’ll just go from there.”
And please don't belittle the guy by claiming homesickness/depression is a load of bulldust or by making totally unsubstantiated claims regarding his work ethic or even worse that he could be on 2 strikes.

I know this probably isn't the case for Schofield but being a long way from your family is no excuse. Many college students in the USA go and study outer state and the same goes for college athletes. Same thing when they go pro. They deal with it. Bunch of mummy boys in the AFL these days.

And please don't belittle the guy by claiming homesickness/depression is a load of bulldust or by making totally unsubstantiated claims regarding his work ethic or even worse that he could be on 2 strikes.

This. Some people are p1ss1ng into the wind on previous pages. I'm embarrassed that its taken someone from a rival club to say this ^^.

According to this thread Jayden is a mentally weak, homesick 19-year old who suffers from split-personality and talks to no one about his issues; a kid who punts a lot, is on two drug strikes and doesn't want to put in the hard yards on the training track and in the gym, which means we're better off without him; a player who grew up supporting the Dogs but turned his back on his boyhood club at a time of need; a player who will soon turn up in the colours of his beloved West Coast (or Fremantle, or someone else) and play well enough to make us think "what might have been" :rolleyes:

Oh, and I hate seeing words like "weak" thrown around when people don't know anything close to the full story. Maybe he is weak. Probably he isn't. And maybe Gary Speed and Robert Enke were told - or at least they thought - they were weak also... (Look the names up if you must)

--

Anyway, its a massive shame to lose the kid. :( He showed promise, lets hope if his head gets right he might end up in Footscray some day down the track and deliver on his potential.

This. Some people are p1ss1ng into the wind on previous pages. I'm embarrassed that its taken someone from a rival club to say this ^^.

According to this thread Jayden is a mentally weak, homesick 19-year old who suffers from split-personality and talks to no one about his issues; a kid who punts a lot, is on two strikes and doesn't want to put in the hard yards on the training track and gym, which means we're better off without him; a player who will soon turn up in another team's jumper play well enough to make us think "what might have been" :rolleyes:

Oh, and I hate seeing words like "weak" thrown around when people don't know anything close to the full story. Maybe he is. Probably he isn't. And maybe Gary Speed and Robert Enke were told - or at least they thought - they were weak also... (Look the names up if you must)

Anyway, its a massive shame to lose the kid. :( He showed promise, lets hope if his head gets right he might end up in Footscray some day down the track and deliver on his potential.

Couldnt agree more. So many s**t comments on this thread. Obviously he has some dramas. Its a real shame he had to go but sure it was a last resort. To whoever above said 'too much time on his hands' is kidding. Most 18 year olds AFL first year players train and sleep and are too exhausted to do much else. Pull your heads in. Carrying on like absolute tossbags when none of us know the facts is embarassing. i wish him well and reserve any judgement when and if the facts come out.

Cant be just homesickness if it isnt a veil/deflection already, or else the club would have did the due diligence and traded him to a WA club, furthermore the club signed him for a contract that goes to 2013, surely they would be aware of such an issue before they did that.

I suspect those family and friends of his are just using homesickness to deflect public attention from more private and sensitive issues which is fair enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thanks for the link ScottWade that probably clears it up more as homesickness.......
but to othes, my point was that we may never know what has happened. I wasn't reporting he is on 2 strikes, f*ck sake i'm not that evil.

We couldn't afford to hear a bad story ending with talent leaving the club so they would have to say something like they did. It may be correct, who knows.

We didn't know about the aker stuff for a while afterwards. Hamstring, bla bla. and rightly so, we probably shouldn't know the inside stuff.

Changing topic a bit, would it have been better to send him home but keep him on the list and then trade him next season. I know its a spot on the list but it pisses me off we'll get nothing for him. I guess the PA wouldnt allow that anyway.

Referring to someone suffering pretty severe homesickness and possibly depression as weak and a mummys boy is pretty low IMO. The club has done the right thing, let the player go and sort himself out, obviously it's a shame we couldn't keep him on the list to see if he wanted to return after a year off or so but the club has made the call they felt best for the player and our list management. It's a real shame Schofield didn't work out for us as we had high hopes for such a high draft pick but sometimes the player needs to come first. Good luck Jayden and hopefully being around your family and support network is just the tonic you need.

Referring to someone suffering pretty severe homesickness and possibly depression as weak and a mummys boy is pretty low IMO. The club has done the right thing, let the player go and sort himself out, obviously it's a shame we couldn't keep him on the list to see if he wanted to return after a year off or so but the club has made the call they felt best for the player and our list management. It's a real shame Schofield didn't work out for us as we had high hopes for such a high draft pick but sometimes the player needs to come first. Good luck Jayden and hopefully being around your family and support network is just the tonic you need.

Schofield was pick 74 in a compromised draft after half a dozen or so of the best 17 year olds went to GC the year before; not really a high draft pick.

Best wishes to Schoey I hope he finds the help he needs.

The herald Sun reports that he has been in WA the whole time and hasn't rocked up to the club at all this pre-season. Not sure what's going on with him but hopefully he sorts himself out. Shame to lose another young promising player.
I think that if he needs it, we should give him this year to get his problems in order and extend an offer to draft him next year if he is in the right place.

Come on guys, cool head here, especailly some of the younger posters who haven't experienced much in life.

Not everybody is born the same. People can have difficulties in life. Sounds like Jayden has got in a bad state and needs to be near family and needs the help of qualified people.

Club has done the right thing. Until you witness people who are going through a bad stage or may have troubles dont judge. Cant tell how bad it is from the statment yet good luck to him. More important than playing footy.

We all like to speculate on the how's & why's but accept the fact that you're making judgement on information passed on via the media.

As the club account has made a statement, it is what it will be. Accept that things didnt work out and move on but there's no need to rubbish the situatoin or comment on particulars if you were not privy to information at hand.

Posters who are suggesting he refused to 'beef up' and by implication he has a bad attitude and can't committ to the Club are disgracefull.

You know who you are. Disgrace.

"http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/dogs-delist-troubled-jayden-schofield/story-e6frf9jf-1226210763330

Jayden never returned from W.A during his off season, so must be serious.

Posters who are suggesting he refused to 'beef up' and by implication he has a bad attitude and can't committ to the Club are disgracefull.

You know who you are. Disgrace.

Nothing to do with your stupid personal feud against me, a random on the internet who you have never met/never will meet, right?

The information I wrote was from someone who knows Jayden personally. He had no reason to lie and I trust his word.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back