2nds Jaymie Graham appointed head coach of East Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

If that happens is think we'd be the only club in the league with that setup

Clubs don't have a reserves coach that have any substantial input with the senior side as they're busy taking care of the ressies
Swans and some other (I have only observed the Swans closely) use key assistance to coach reserves on game day to ensure they are on plan and developing for their roles.

Swans and some other (I have only observed the Swans closely) use key assistance to coach reserves on game day to ensure they are on plan and developing for their roles.

I don't know the people being discussed well, but I recall the melt when Pyke was appointed. he turned out ok. So I have some trust in the club.

If that happens is think we'd be the only club in the league with that setup

Clubs don't have a reserves coach that have any substantial input with the senior side as they're busy taking care of the ressies
Geelong and Matty Knights do. I think it is extremely important to have
a) a proper senior coach with experience
b) a senior coach who also has strengths in developing youth
c) some one simmo can trust to implement the same game plan and not worry about just winning.
d) To have all of the above the East Perth Coaching position can't be given to another "First time coach" or coach with little experience. Why don't we get Schofield from Subi to jump ship? Bring back a Scott Watters.

Personally I think a WAFL coach could easily help out with the coaching of an AFL club.

Geelong and Matty Knights do. I think it is extremely important to have
a) a proper senior coach with experience
b) a senior coach who also has strengths in developing youth
c) some one simmo can trust to implement the same game plan and not worry about just winning.
d) To have all of the above the East Perth Coaching position can't be given to another "First time coach" or coach with little experience. Why don't we get Schofield from Subi to jump ship? Bring back a Scott Watters.

Personally I think a WAFL coach could easily help out with the coaching of an AFL club.
Would love to get Schofield as the midfield coach.

Any chance of Schofield coaching at any capacity at the eagles? Or is he under contract at subi?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard that at the East Perth presentations last night they announced that reserves coach Luke Dwyer has taken up a development role at the Eagles. Very good coach and an excellent appointment.

Couldn't agree more. Absolute gun of a coach.

Can also draw some similarities with Brendan Bolton in terms of his development and career progression.

Dwyer used to teach me PE in senior school. Very good teacher, one of the best I had.
Let's hope you went to a good school then because if "one of the best" teachers I had was now coaching at AFL level I would cry. Even my best teacher would probably be shitbox, let alone one of the best...

Let's hope you went to a good school then because if "one of the best" teachers I had was now coaching at AFL level I would cry. Even my best teacher would probably be shitbox, let alone one of the best...

Given the amount of money my parents paid to send me there, I hope it was a good school.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back