Jaymie Graham - Game Day Coach

SupermanCapes

Team Captain
Mar 16, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
Many clubs may look for new head coach by the end of this season. Jamie may be poached by one

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
Surely we're not letting him walk out on his contract after 1 year? I know he interviewed for the Collingwood head coach role before joining us so I'd expect he'll want to put his head down and build his reputation up a bit more before having another crack?

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Don't think he did anything wild

His one smart move I noticed was when Meek was dominated in the start of the first, he put Lobb in the ruck, Lobb evened the contest and we got back into it, Lobb then rucked for a lot more of the second half, Meek starting in the goal square quite a bit. This was a smart tactical change and whoever was responsible for it gets a thumbs up.

The other thing was Pearce going down but I don't think the coach had any say, It happened on my side of the field and I watched as Cox stood up and communicated to each player their new role, Cox took Kennedy, sent Ryan to Darlin and Young to the third tall (Dixon). Wasn't any time for messaging from the coach, was interesting to see Cox lead the charge and set this up, probably shows why we aren't sending him forward.

Cox did then play JK on too long of a leash for the next 10 minutes (rest of quarter) for my liking, Pearce was giving him 3-5 metres, Cox was letting JK explore the pockets 10 metres in front (Cutoff players were near though) I reckon thats risky with JK as he will nail the goal 45 out on the boundary, that's why he is so deadly. Can't comment if this changed in the 4th as they were down the other end.

Oct 19, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Surely we're not letting him walk out on his contract after 1 year? I know he interviewed for the Collingwood head coach role before joining us so I'd expect he'll want to put his head down and build his reputation up a bit more before having another crack?
If you are asst coach no problem in breaking contract if you are offered senior role.usually it is like that..

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sully90

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
No club ever stands in the way of an assistant becoming a senior coach, regardless of contract length.

SupermanCapes

Team Captain
Mar 16, 2021
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
No club ever stands in the way of an assistant becoming a senior coach, regardless of contract length.
That would be the most Freo thing ever, for us to finally get a competent forward line coach and then for him to immediately leave for a head coaching role.

Back