News JDG in trouble for “inappropriate touching”.

Should JDG be punished? IQ has no issue.

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Players have a duty of care to the young fans whether they like it or not, kids tend to copy s**t the players do, the AFL has already put the players on notice over this issue, 5k fine coming up IMO.

Shows he was not paying Attention to what Bucks was saying

Whats the excuse for everybody else who was listening then!!???

Whether or not he was listening to the coach is completel irrelevant. This behaviour has been specifically nominated by the AFL as inappropriate and it shouldnt happen. So the AFL will probably crack down with a stupid fine. Which will be an outrage on the same weekend that a player involved in a nightclub fight was allowed to play and in fact kicked the winning goal for his team

But its got absolutely zero to do with a player not listening to the coach. Its almost as ridiculous as other whack job consipracy theories calling it to be about racism.

Whats the excuse for everybody else who was listening then!!???

Whether or not he was listening to the coach is completel irrelevant. This behaviour has been specifically nominated by the AFL as inappropriate and it shouldnt happen. So the AFL will probably crack down with a stupid fine. Which will be an outrage on the same weekend that a player involved in a nightclub fight was allowed to play and in fact kicked the winning goal for his team

But its got absolutely zero to do with a player not listening to the coach. Its almost as ridiculous as other whack job consipracy theories calling it to be about racism.

Where any of them Listening or Going to Sleep?

Should he have done it, at the very least while the cameras were rolling? Definitely not.
Should he have done it at all? That depends on their relationship and if they have a history of goofing off in that manner. It's not acceptable if it's unwelcomed, and it's not a good look on television.

Having your own beliefs and values questioned due to the shift in societal norms is difficult for a lot of people. I can understand the rejection of the 'woke' culture thing, but what's wrong with a bit of self-reflection and acknowledging that things are evolving and it's not always necessarily a bad thing? Don't touch people when it's unwelcomed, don't be a prick to people, don't force people to do things they don't want. People sometimes pick the wrong hills to die on, and I reckon that if we don't learn from the past, we're going to be doomed to repeat it.
Doesn't really look any different to the Georgie Parker grope above. In both cases, the hand is centred low on the bum area with the middle finger positioned threateningly over the rectum, which is a bit different to a slap on a bum cheek. Anyway JDG has been cleared of any wrong doing, so it may well open the flood gates to further gropes in forthcoming games. Before we know it, the kiddies will be emulating the actions of their heroes in the underage competitions.

Last edited:
yeah, that’s exactly what people like you said when I predicted us to be bottom 4 this year... wonder who was right?

you do understand this bloke is on criminal charges for touching someone inappropriately in public, right? You do ******* get that?
“Criminal charges for touching someone inappropriately in public”? That’s more detail than I’ve heard about the charge previously.

I watched a replay of the game roday( well as much as I could stand anyway)and one of the commentators said before the game that Maynard offered to shake Buddy Franklin’s hand,and Franklin slapped it away.I wonder will the AFL investigate him for inappropriate rudeness now?It might seem silly,but that’s what it come down to now.The players literally can’t do anything these days,

I watched a replay of the game roday( well as much as I could stand anyway)and one of the commentators said before the game that Maynard offered to shake Buddy Franklin’s hand,and Franklin slapped it away.I wonder will the AFL investigate him for inappropriate rudeness now?It might seem silly,but that’s what it come down to now.The players literally can’t do anything these days,
Maybe Franklin had seen the De Goey grope and feared a hand shake might be a precursor to rectal tunnelling.

So sick of this bloke. Paid a small fortune, delivers nothing except off field headlines

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

He kicked 6 last week.

If IQ and JDG piss-fart around like this all the time then I can't see where the harm was (other than the fact that they seem oblivious to the fact that everything gets caught on camera).

If IQ has been offended everything changes.

I understand JDG has underperformed but we shouldn't throw our players under a bus before we even get the facts.

But all your posts seem to suggest you've already made up your mind that it's fine?
No all my posts say I have no idea whether there is a problem and if there is I think IQ is capable of acting on that. My guess would be there is no issue here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No all my posts say I have no idea whether there is a problem and if there is I think IQ is capable of acting on that. My guess would be there is no issue here.

Do you agree there is huge pressure on him to say he’s fine with it, even if he’s not, so he doesn’t cause a huge shitstorm for the club, and DeGoey?

do you also agree that there is a power imbalance here, like a boss and his young assistant, where by De Goey is a superstar and senior member of the team while Quaynor is a young kid trying to fit in?

He kicked 6 last week.

If IQ and JDG piss-fart around like this all the time then I can't see where the harm was (other than the fact that they seem oblivious to the fact that everything gets caught on camera).

If IQ has been offended everything changes.

I understand JDG has underperformed but we shouldn't throw our players under a bus before we even get the facts.
Did IQ ask JDG to fondle his arse?

No.

Was there consent?

No.

Does JDG understand that he can’t touch other people’s private areas?

Seems not.

Do you agree there is huge pressure on him to say he’s fine with it, even if he’s not, so he doesn’t cause a huge shitstorm for the club, and DeGoey?

do you also agree that there is a power imbalance here, like a boss and his young assistant, where by De Goey is a superstar and senior member of the team while Quaynor is a young kid trying to fit in?
He can tell the club he was uncomfortable and I'm sure JDG would not think anything of it.
And it is handled within the club and not broadcast out to the media so at least he knows he is being supported to speak up.

You may find it difficult, but there are characters much like JDG who don't take it personally and probably respect their teammates.

You seem to be so deeply offended by the action and can't seem to acknowledge there is a simple solution.
When things aren't going right at the club, there are supporters that will just keep kicking the club down time and again at every discretion. You seem to be one of those who comes across at having great joy at it. It's almost like you are waiting for it.

And that's really sad.

For me, your argument is all too reminiscent of the explanation some sought to provide for Lumumba's acceptance, maybe instigation, of his nickname 'chimp' - a young guy seeking to fit in. Perhaps the player with his arm around Quaynor's shoulder is also taking advantage of Isaac's lack of experience and physical stature and is grooming him with an eye to eventually molesting him.

Quaynor is 21 and this is his third year on the list. I am sure that he is old enough to say no to unwanted touching. My only problem with the affectionate pat and pinch is the timing of it during the pre game coach's address. Other than De Goey's first quarter, neither player had a game memorable for its consistency and brilliance.

Back