Recommitted Jed Anderson [re-signed for two more years]

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be the perfect time to change clubs .
He is at his highest value for a big contract and he could avoid a rebuild and go to a team that could be contending in the next few years .
Also avoid Tasmania.
Maybe trade him to the Eagles with our 1st pick in return for Liam Ryan.
A got fit for both clubs you get an early pick in the draft plus a scrapper of a player like Simpson that could be turned into a great tagger and we get a ready made player in Ryan.

A got fit for both clubs you get an early pick in the draft plus a scrapper of a player like Simpson that could be turned into a great tagger and we get a ready made player in Ryan.
Nah I've had this discussion on our board and we probably couldn't
1 fit him in our cap

2 give him the midfield time he needs as we play a skilled kicking game plan that wouldn't suit jed

3 have draft picks good enough to satisfy norf.

Wouldn't stop him going to a Richmond or Geelong or Collingwood

Ryan won't leave WA imo.

Why would Ryan agree to this?

It took Ryan 2 years longer to get drafted because he refuses to leave WA for personal reasons. He's already struggled with the Hubs so far, he ain't leaving

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan won't move to Melbourne, especially now with covid and lock downs etc.

Its looking like preseason training may need to be in QLD hubs, not great.

Rawlings will know the Eagles list better than anyone so I wont be surprised if North are interested in some of the youngsters Rawling drafted. If Norths tempted a decent young Eagle to request a trade and we had the cap space somehow I'd love Jed at the Eagles.

Could see Rawlings chasing Bailey Williams, perfect fit for a rebuilding team. KP forward / ruck and aged 20.

We almost traded him in last time but North trumped us.

Ryan won't move to Melbourne, especially now with covid and lock downs etc.

Its looking like preseason training may need to be in QLD hubs, not great.

Rawlings will know the Eagles list better than anyone so I wont be surprised if North are interested in some of the youngsters Rawling drafted. If Norths tempted a decent young Eagle to request a trade and we had the cap space somehow I'd love Jed at the Eagles.

Could see Rawlings chasing Bailey Williams, perfect fit for a rebuilding team. KP forward / ruck and aged 20.

We almost traded him in last time but North trumped us.
Going for Peter Wright I think

This is literally one of the worst trade suggestions I've ever seen in my life

Rumblings a three year deal will be announced shortly. Has been very good, can't wait to see him back sharing the grunt work with Cunnington.

Did I miss Anderson signing? Not being silly.

Strange he hasnt penned a deal. North have the list spots and salary cap to sign anyone ATM.

Still hoping Rawlings is chasing one or two Eagles he drafted and Anderson is ia a deal.

Brander, Williams, Petruccelle all Rawlings boys in the perfect age group to rebuild with.

Strange he hasnt penned a deal. North have the list spots and salary cap to sign anyone ATM.

Still hoping Rawlings is chasing one or two Eagles he drafted and Anderson is ia a deal.

Brander, Williams, Petruccelle all Rawlings boys in the perfect age group to rebuild with.
Nothing official yet. Some saying it might come out at the syd barker at the end of the month. Can't lose anderson, he's crucial going forward.
A random FB post by a rumours page said we've given him 3 years but nothing from club.

You haven't missed anything, nothing announced. Usually we save one or two of our main signings as announcements at the B&F but not sure how that figures into a lockdown/hub scenario as we haven't even declared when it will be held. I'd be surprised if he wasn't kept, is much loved and definitely in the age profile we need to focus on retaining.

Saying that, I'm sure he'd be being talked about by now if there were any cause to be concerned of him signing a new deal.

You haven't missed anything, nothing announced. Usually we save one or two of our main signings as announcements at the B&F but not sure how that figures into a lockdown/hub scenario as we haven't even declared when it will be held. I'd be surprised if he wasn't kept, is much loved and definitely in the age profile we need to focus on retaining.

Saying that, I'm sure he'd be being talked about by now if there were any cause to be concerned of him signing a new deal.

Going off his recent comments you cantake it both ways. Jed isnt concerned about the situstion at North he is only focusing on signing the right contract. Jed is 26 and has a family. This contract should be his biggest and best with his good form this season and North in rebuild mode.

So that sounds like he is happy to stay if North offers the best contract......and it should.

But it does not say he wont move if another contract is better for him and his family. If North get cute and low ball him in $ or years I still think he could end up elsewhere.

And now it looks like the club has no coach.

Very unstable club future in general. Blood on the walls and a lot of unhappy people.

if the bombers were clever they would throw a 3 year deal at this guy deadset what they need no fuss just a hard nut

Remove this Banner Ad

Back