Traded Jed Anderson [traded w/ picks 38 and 40 to NM for picks 15 and 54]

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree burton looks good just doesn't neccessarily mean Adelaide made the wrong choice. Injury will still need monitoring throughout his career I think.
Doedee is a class defender that will make the side better, our forward line (where Burton wouldve likely spent the early part of his career) would mean he wouldn't have gotten a game for a while.
Burton has looked out of sorts as a forward for us, but down back, wowee he looks a star
If he was at the Crows, he'd be playing down back as well, and in the seniors

I wouldn't write off this trade yet. At the moment hawthorn picked up a bargain in Burton. North also selected reasonably well with their picks in return. Anderson is still young enough to turn things around. With a decent run with injuries, he has the potential to be a reasonable solid player. So I'd rather wait another 5-6 years before calling it a bust, especially when it could end up being a win-win.

I wouldn't write off this trade yet. At the moment hawthorn picked up a bargain in Burton. North also selected reasonably well with their picks in return. Anderson is still young enough to turn things around. With a decent run with injuries, he has the potential to be a reasonable solid player. So I'd rather wait another 5-6 years before calling it a bust, especially when it could end up being a win-win.

First round midfielders with 5 years in the system should be tearing apart the VFL when down there, Anderson didn't look even close to that on the weekend playing for Werribee.

First round midfielders with 5 years in the system should be tearing apart the VFL when down there, Anderson didn't look even close to that on the weekend playing for Werribee.
I see Anderson in the same category as Jono O'Rouke. Both players have upside, however due to unfortunate set of injuries to both players we have only seen glimpses of that. Both players are 5 years into their careers but haven't produced what's needed as of yet. Both players were drafted for high draft picks for their potential rather than their initial output. At present both trades is a bust. However with a decent run of injuries, where they get more confidence in their bodies they just might be able to live up to their potential,which is what they were originally drafted for. You also seem to forget that Anderson has just came back from shoulder surgery.

Burton has looked out of sorts as a forward for us, but down back, wowee he looks a star
If he was at the Crows, he'd be playing down back as well, and in the seniors
Doubtful. Laird and Smith are better players. Luke Brown a better defender. Lever the better third tall and he wouldnt play key position.

Literally just coming back now from surgery. Same thing happened with Garner (nearly 5 years in, injuries) and now he's finally having a run at the ball. There's plenty of time left for Anderson.

He'd play before Andy Otten

No chance. Otten has looked rock solid down back and then up forward after Jenkins went down. Burton looks completely lost when playing forward and while decent in the backline the Crows would definitely take the senior hardened body. Otten's real test comes now that Talia will be on the sideline for a while.

This is an oversimplification.

Who was he going to put out of the team in his first 3 seasons at Hawthorn?

Injuries have held him up at North.

Yeah north didnt give up Burton.

They gave up a late 1st Rd pick

Burton should never of been available at that pick.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Again, for the billionth time, the Anderson pick was worth a mid second rounder after the exchange of picks. How this notion Anderson for a first rounder has persisted for so long, I will never know.

Again, for the billionth time, the Anderson pick was worth a mid second rounder after the exchange of picks. How this notion Anderson for a first rounder has persisted for so long, I will never know.
Oh dear. Please don't tell me you're still basing the value of this trade on some arbitrarily applied points system.

Oh dear. Please don't tell me you're still basing the value of this trade on some arbitrarily applied points system.
Oh dear. Please don't tell me that you don't know that players were picked under that points system. It is rather simplistic to merely forget other picks, which were used, involved in the same deal. So you can ignore the points system all you like, but it does not change the fact that the deal was not Anderson for a first rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You did give up a late 1st round pick for Anderson.

You also got other picks back.

But what makes you think i needed to state that in my post about not compareing a pick 19 to a player like burton?

You did give up a late 1st round pick for Anderson.

You also got other picks back.

But what makes you think i needed to state that in my post about not compareing a pick 19 to a player like burton?
Nothing to do with Burton, more to deal with what we actually gave up with those other used picks factored in, rather than a pot shot.

FWIW, you guys are winning the trade easily ATM, Anderson has only just got on the park at vfl level.

Nothing to do with Burton, more to deal with what we actually gave up with those other used picks factored in, rather than a pot shot.

FWIW, you guys are winning the trade easily ATM, Anderson has only just got on the park at vfl level.
So why are you quoteing me then, someone who was talking about not including burton into the trade calculations.

Did you quote the wrong person Kangaroos4eva?

So why are you quoteing me then, someone who was talking about not including burton into the trade calculations.

Did you quote the wrong person Kangaroos4eva?

Not at all, I was quoting and questioning the part about what we actually gave up.

Not at all, I was quoting and questioning the part about what we actually gave up.
Lol, read post 1188.

I was comenting on the pick 19 part of the trade that brought Burton into the conversation.

Unfortunately you have lacked comprehension here. I was not commenting on the trade in its entirety.

Maybe dont be so precious?

Lol, read post 1188.

I was comenting on the pick 19 part of the trade that brought Burton into the conversation.

Unfortunately you have lacked comprehension here. I was not commenting on the trade in its entirety.

Maybe dont be so precious?
Lol, you are the only one overreacting here. All I stated was that there other picks involved in what we gave up and now we are having of the stupidest bigfooty debates ever and on ANZAC Day. If you are going to talk about lack of comprehension, at least fix some of your spelling.

If you want to continue, take it to a PM.

Lol, you are the only one overreacting here. All I stated was that there other picks involved in what we gave up and now we are having of the stupidest bigfooty debates ever and on ANZAC Day. If you are going to talk about lack of comprehension, at least fix some of your spelling.

If you want to continue, take it to a PM.
Hmm... i wasnt commenting on the other picks. I was aware of the other picks.

You didnt need to state anything, maybe thats why you have said it millions of times.

Dont need PM about your confusion.

Oh dear. Please don't tell me that you don't know that players were picked under that points system. It is rather simplistic to merely forget other picks, which were used, involved in the same deal. So you can ignore the points system all you like, but it does not change the fact that the deal was not Anderson for a first rounder.
Hawthorn must love seeing North Melbourne coming each trade period...

HAW: "Jed Anderson and these two 3rd round picks keep tigers away. You don't see any tigers around now, do you?"
NTH: ":eek: We would like to propose a trade!"
HAW: "Give us your first and fourth rounder and we'll call it even."

Hawthorn must love seeing North Melbourne coming each trade period...

HAW: "Jed Anderson and these two 3rd round picks keep tigers away. You don't see any tigers around now, do you?"
NTH: ":eek: We would like to propose a trade!"
HAW: "Give us your first and fourth rounder and we'll call it even."
You would get no disagreements from me on this point. That Hay deal was horrendous and yet, we fell for it. At least Hale got some success, very likeable bloke.

You would get no disagreements from me on this point. That Hay deal was horrendous and yet, we fell for it. At least Hale got some success, very likeable bloke.
* Gibson? Lol

All jokes aside I still hope Anderson can make it. I think you'll agree that in the small periods he is fit he is very exciting. Lots of "ooh almost" moments but if he can ever get some continuity he'll be among the most watchable players.

**** Gibson? Lol

All jokes aside I still hope Anderson can make it. I think you'll agree that in the small periods he is fit he is very exciting. Lots of "ooh almost" moments but if he can ever get some continuity he'll be among the most watchable players.
I am a bit bitter about Gibson still, but he was a bloody good defender. Hopefully he can turn his form around this season to finish strong as he is a genuine good bloke.

Burton has shown a bit, although he looks more suited to the forward line, but that's more of an opinion than anything.

I am hoping that Anderson pushes out Swallow, because at least Anderson has some leg speed. He won't be better than a b-grader ever though, but these are useful types.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back