Traded Jed Anderson [traded w/ picks 38 and 40 to NM for picks 15 and 54]

Remove this Banner Ad

I am a bit bitter about Gibson still, but he was a bloody good defender. Hopefully he can turn his form around this season to finish strong as he is a genuine good bloke.

Burton has shown a bit, although he looks more suited to the forward line, but that's more of an opinion than anything.

I am hoping that Anderson pushes out Swallow, because at least Anderson has some leg speed. He won't be better than a b-grader ever though, but these are useful types.
I thought Burton should be played up forward too but his best so far has easily been in the back half. Great decision maker, keeps a cool head, has enough zip to pull away and he hits a target by foot nearly every time. Once our backline has settled I would like to see how he goes in the guts. He has aspirations to be the next Fyfe and he probably has the tools to do so. Just needs to build the body.

Anderson's back and hammy issues look likely to restrict him to a forward pocket role. He can take an overhead contested mark and knows how to find the goals from a pack. His defensive pressure is actually quite good but his tank lets him down. If North can sort out his body issues and help him build a tank only then would midfield would be on the cards imo.

First round midfielders with 5 years in the system should be tearing apart the VFL when down there, Anderson didn't look even close to that on the weekend playing for Werribee.

Has missed a lot of football. He will be there a couple of weeks I assume. Then most likely walks in to a team in desperate need of players who can hold their heads high for a full game.

Anderson wont stop trying.

Has missed a lot of football. He will be there a couple of weeks I assume. Then most likely walks in to a team in desperate need of players who can hold their heads high for a full game.

Anderson wont stop trying.
I wish he took your team's kicking skills with him. That, his tank and injuries have let him down. Love his mongrel and hardness at the ball.

I wish he took your team's kicking skills with him. That, his tank and injuries have let him down. Love his mongrel and hardness at the ball.

Hes not a bad kick for goal. Scored a heap at Box Hill and was accurate with the limited chances in the seniors.

His highlight would be running down Joey Kennedy and then slotting the goal from 45m out.

He just needs a run of good health to get to 100%. Question is whether the Roos have the patience.

Hes not a bad kick for goal. Scored a heap at Box Hill and was accurate with the limited chances in the seniors.

His highlight would be running down Joey Kennedy and then slotting the goal from 45m out.

He just needs a run of good health to get to 100%. Question is whether the Roos have the patience.
He and Corey Wagner are close (averaging 20-22 and a goal a game each), but they are not killing it in the VFL.

**** Gibson? Lol

All jokes aside I still hope Anderson can make it. I think you'll agree that in the small periods he is fit he is very exciting. Lots of "ooh almost" moments but if he can ever get some continuity he'll be among the most watchable players.

Basically Cyril MK II?

With Jed Im talking about 3 years ago at Box Hill. Not since the Roos where he has been unable to go for more than a month without some sort of injury.

Jed has never really recovered from his bout of pneumonia that almost cost him his life....Before that, he had super-star written all over him....Not since.

Missed a huge chunk of pre-season and isn't AFL fit yet. Has been playing very well at VFL level in the midfield but fading late in games. Should be in some time in the next month.

Find it laughable that the 'Anderson for a first rounder' myth is still running around here (not helped by people like Wallace and Barrett continuing to spread it).

Anderson, #38 and #40 for #15 and #54.

This was the final result:

In: Jed Anderson (Hawthorn), picks 17 (McKay), 26 (Clarke), 28 (Hibberd) and 47 (Mountford)
Out: Daniel Currie, Ryan Bastinac, picks 15, 34 and 55; 2016 third-round pick

Deals aren't done in isolation, anyone who thinks we lost in that trade period is nuts.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anderson in for Swallow this week.

A defining season or two coming up for Jed.
Swallow omitted?! I haven't been following North's season very closely at all this year, what in the hell has happened to him? Has he not recovered from his Achilles injury well?

Swallow omitted?! I haven't been following North's season very closely at all this year, what in the hell has happened to him? Has he not recovered from his Achilles injury well?
Too slow for the modern game and does not have the kicking skills to play outside.

He was well suited to the Ross Lyon dominated era of contested footy. He lost that initial break away speed after his Achilles injury, which made him a lot slower and has now destroyed his career.

Too slow for the modern game and does not have the kicking skills to play outside.

He was well suited to the Ross Lyon dominated era of contested footy. He lost that initial break away speed after his Achilles injury, which made him a lot slower and has now destroyed his career.
Sad way to go out. Hopefully he can find a way to reinvent himself.

Is this the Johnathan Hay trade? Hawks get first round pick to draft Burton, while Anderson goes statless for a half, and 9 disposals for the match.

Obviously not a great deal for North but the media as always are exaggerating when they say Anderson for Burton.

Those 38 and 40 picks were very valuable especially when passed along to Brisbane who needed the academy points - along with Bastinac who North really aren't missing - it saw North get a late first rounder back. Anderson's true trade value was far lower than pick 15.

North ended up taking Ryan Clarke who is going pretty well and who they probably would've taken if they kept the pick anyway.

tbf at the time I was very disappointed to get rid of him, he showed a lot in his couple games for us. Its a shame about the injuries, if they weren't there I honestly believe he would be a gun!
I dont think its injuries, sadly it looks mental.
No confidence.

I dont think its injuries, sadly it looks mental.
No confidence.

Apart from the fact barely any of our small forwards touched the ball in the first half last week, I agree.

Jed just looks like he has a fear of failure. Being dumped this week probably wont help that.

Unfortunately some are still deluded enough to still think we are a finals chance this year and thats going to further hold him back.

Definately needs some time with the sports psych then another crack starting in the midfield where he doesn't have time to think just play the ball.

Still haven't written him off, but clearly he needs to find belief in himself before he can go forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back