Remove this Banner Ad

Just taking a wild stab,
Danger quickest 5 metres.
Cocky quickest 20
Bews quickest 40
Murdoch quickest 100
Menegola quickest 2k
Blitz 2k +

You also need to add in Menzel & Taylor into the discussion for the shorter distances.

There was an article out a couple of days ago (Herald Sun) and while they don't say the distance over which these speeds were measured, it does give a few things to discuss/think about:

- The surprise among the fastest players list is Geelong veteran Harry Taylor, who reached 34.6kmh against Essendon in Round 8, just weeks before his 31st birthday.

Menzel has also clocked in at 34.6km/h to be deemed the fastest at the club

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...t/news-story/9fe7984d79b177c2d7db16864f97eed5

For all the doom and gloom around at present, just wanted to pay respects to Bews and his solid start to the year.

Thought he had a very decent game on Sunday and in a very weakened, young defence has held his own this season.

He's cemented his place down back - Dad must be proud.

For all the doom and gloom around at present, just wanted to pay respects to Bews and his solid start to the year.

Thought he had a very decent game on Sunday and in a very weakened, young defence has held his own this season.

Yep. Agreed wholeheartedly. Hope the deal he held out for was a good one. He deserves it.

Piss takingly funny comment by Andrew Bews about Gary Ablett few years back. A. Bews claimed he "made" Ablett. He said prior to him going into the midfield, Ablett was getting silver service from the likes of Bairstow and Couch. But when he came in he was spraying I50 kicks all over the place causing Ablett to take these almighty diving/highleaping marks just to get hold of the ball. :D

again... the SOR gave Wingard some curry the other night.
Is really building nicely. Has worked very hard on the things he was deficient in from early days - fitness and strength. Keep the feet a lot more now and attacks from backline really hard.

Credit to him and here's hoping he gives Papley a nice one this week.

Go Catters

again... the SOR gave Wingard some curry the other night.
Is really building nicely. Has worked very hard on the things he was deficient in from early days - fitness and strength. Keep the feet a lot more now and attacks from backline really hard.

Credit to him and here's hoping he gives Papley a nice one this week.

Go Catters

Just thinking. Of all our father/sons who made it through to be best 22, would you say Bewsy has worked the hardest to get there? Little Gaz was naturally talented from the get-go. I'd say Scarlo was too. Tom Hawkins could always rely on his size and strength. Mark Blake had plenty of detractors but you can't say he wasn't a talented tap ruckman.

Just thinking. Of all our father/sons who made it through to be best 22, would you say Bewsy has worked the hardest to get there? Little Gaz was naturally talented from the get-go. I'd say Scarlo was too. Tom Hawkins could always rely on his size and strength. Mark Blake had plenty of detractors but you can't say he wasn't a talented tap ruckman.

Im not sure about THE hardest but he has certainly, in my time, probably been the furthest back. I was glad (probably romantically in a footy sense more than anything) when we took him but really had no idea what he brought but being a pick 80 something i figured not much.

He was WAY short of engine and had to really work hard on it - size also.

Im just glad he stuck at it because its paying off now - and I needed a player I backed to make it to finally do it. I missed a few...:oops::(

Go Catters

Quickly becoming one of my fave's in the team. One of the first picked in the team and on current form, one of the premier small shutdown defenders in the game.
Always had the speed and tenacious attack on the ball but I was always concerned about his decision making particularly under pressure as well as his ability to stop his oppponent mainly in one on one's.
Wasn't sure he had it in him too improve in those areas and make the grade, but I'm happy he's proven me wrong.

Quickly becoming one of my fave's in the team. One of the first picked in the team and on current form, one of the premier small shutdown defenders in the game.
Always had the speed and tenacious attack on the ball but I was always concerned about his decision making particularly under pressure as well as his ability to stop his oppponent mainly in one on one's.
Wasn't sure he had it in him too improve in those areas and make the grade, but I'm happy he's proven me wrong.
He is coming along very nicely and was very, very good against PA. At one stage an Enright-esque run out from CHB to take a mark. And did it again managing to come from behind to front of his opponent to take the mark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jed just keeps getting better and better

[respect] :thumbsu:
f303f7c10cb11c133a201c3fe324e79e.jpg

;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back