Past Jed Lamb

Remove this Banner Ad

Played a good game last night, Jed. 1 goal with 6 score involvements (when we only kicked 49 points in the match) :thumbsu:

Think he should definitely get a decent run in the seniors.

yeah. This guy is a lock. hard worker.

Replaces what Graham was doing for us last year, which is great because Graham isn't playing flash right now.

Not a traditional crumbing forward, though.
C'mon Jim you were criticising his crumbing work just two weeks ago. I think what we need to appreciate is we have a small sample size of form and young players suffering when the team as a whole doesn't gel.

I personally don't mind when Graham or Kerridge miss a target under pressure because at least they're working their arses off to get there...The real worry is our senior players not leading from the front.

C'mon Jim you were criticising his crumbing work just two weeks ago. I think what we need to appreciate is we have a small sample size of form and young players suffering when the team as a whole doesn't gel.

I personally don't mind when Graham or Kerridge miss a target under pressure because at least they're working their arses off to get there...The real worry is our senior players not leading from the front.
I'm not miffed about Kerridge's form, Murphy's obviously still working into the season, Gibbs and Cripps are doing fine inside the bubble, but you'd want to see Gibbs playing a different role when we can afford him to.

Where's the outside support? That's supposed to Graham isn't it? I'm happy to have Lamb play high half-forward, where he isn't crumbing but feeding the footy to the forwards (something he's actually quite good at), and get Wright, Buckley, Sumner, Cuningham and Boekhorst take turns being the outside speed at the stoppage alongside Murphy.

Then you've got Docherty, Byrne, Tuohy, Simpson and Thomas on the overlap, and things look a bit better. But put Lamb into the forward 50 and he's not great at creating space for himself or others because he's fairly middle of the road with his pace. I think it's a struggle to have both Graham and Lamb in the same side currently.

Make no mistake Jed Lamb is actually quite a good player. Best 22 easily.

Watching the end of last night's game, Jed steadied himself and was very composed.

Also, how about his mark vs Saad?
Nice strength too and kicking the goal topped it.

I may not be going on much but I like him and Silvagni in the same forward line.
Feel like they complement each other well.

Forward line pressure is great. Gets involved. Neat kick. Little bit of nastiness about him.

Need him kicking more goals and choosing first option quicker (got caught a couple of times when could have taken first option quicker).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was his best ever game against the suns. First time that I've watched him and thought that he had some value as he's seemed nothing more than a bit of a battler with very few tricks and versatility. No doubt he's got fitter and stronger this season and has worked hard. He's demonstrated a good attitude and has worked hard, done team things and is getting reward for it.

I reckon that 5 minute breather in the last quarter helped him and Gibbs quite a bit (not that Gibbs needed the hand).

He's a bit stronger over the footy this year, and maybe a shade quicker and fitter, but it's not enough still. It's a shame, because he's got a nice peg on him and makes good decisions in and out of the contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back